Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:18 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Whats the worst/annoying show?  (Read 48663 times)
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2007, 02:48:44 PM »

That's So Raven
Suite Life of Zack and Cody
Naked Brothers Band
Cory in The House

and pretty much any show produced by Nickelodean/Disney Channel after 2000.

I saw some of these one Saturday morning while staying at my buddy's house when his kids got a hold of the remotes. Man, I knew I watched some stupid stuff as a kid - but the  60-70s era bad sitcom writing, recycled plots, and laughtrack overkill; kiddie "acting"; and the utter and complete stupidity of most if not all adults made me wince. I read an article about the whole maunfactured Zach and Cody hooplah and how they were the next stage of the business empire of behind the Olsen twins, ugh.

Then they got me to sit through about half of an episode of Hanna Montana, that was pretty rough going as well.

It all made me nostalgic for the corny but mild stupidity of Banana Splits reruns.

I heard this guy, Douglas Rushkoff, on NPR recently.  He's pretty much the guy who coined the term viral marketing.  He's a bit of a marketing expert and wrote this bad ass book called Coercion about how companies go about deliberately coming up with shady ways to get you to buy their stuff.  Right now, the hot marketing demographic are "tweens", which I think spans 9 to 12 years old.  The apparent strategy is marketing brands heavily to this demographic since they're in such a highly programmable state, mentally.  All of that Nick/Disney Channel stuff is a smaller wheel in a machine that is built specifically to set children on a track where they'll be much more susceptible to heavy branding and marketing all the way through life.  Marketers call it Cradle to the Grave marketing and I think it sucks.  The Olsen Twins were the first demonstration of the effectiveness of that tactic.  Kids who got on that train early had parents who bought them all of their related merchandise right up until coke binges and eating disorders brought them crashing down.

I'm days away from being a father of a little girl and I'm absolutely petrified that she'll be pulled into that scheme as she grows.  I'll ultimately be in control of what she buys, but the media that's directed at kids is so saturated with this sort of stuff that I'll only have so much influence.

Am I getting too heavy?
Naa man. This kinda thing worries a lot of people, even me and I'm not going to be a parent for years. I guess the only thing you can do is change the channel everytime a commercial comes on.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:06:35 PM by flackbait » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

That's So Raven
Naked Brothers Band
Cory in The House

I saw some of these one Saturday morning while staying at my buddy's house when his kids got a hold of the remotes. Man, I knew I watched some stupid stuff as a kid - but the  60-70s era bad sitcom writing, recycled plots, and laughtrack overkill; kiddie "acting"; and the utter and complete stupidity of most if not all adults made me wince. I read an article about the whole maunfactured Zach and Cody hooplah and how they were the next stage of the business empire of behind the Olsen twins, ugh.

Then they got me to sit through about half of an episode of Hanna Montana, that was pretty rough going as well.

It all made me nostalgic for the corny but mild stupidity of Banana Splits reruns.

I heard this guy, Douglas Rushkoff, on NPR recently.  He's pretty much the guy who coined the term viral marketing.  He's a bit of a marketing expert and wrote this bad ass book called Coercion about how companies go about deliberately coming up with shady ways to get you to buy their stuff.  Right now, the hot marketing demographic are "tweens", which I think spans 9 to 12 years old.  The apparent strategy is marketing brands heavily to this demographic since they're in such a highly programmable state, mentally.  All of that Nick/Disney Channel stuff is a smaller wheel in a machine that is built specifically to set children on a track where they'll be much more susceptible to heavy branding and marketing all the way through life.  Marketers call it Cradle to the Grave marketing and I think it sucks.  The Olsen Twins were the first demonstration of the effectiveness of that tactic.  Kids who got on that train early had parents who bought them all of their related merchandise right up until coke binges and eating disorders brought them crashing down.

I'm days away from being a father of a little girl and I'm absolutely petrified that she'll be pulled into that scheme as she grows.  I'll ultimately be in control of what she buys, but the media that's directed at kids is so saturated with this sort of stuff that I'll only have so much influence.

Am I getting too heavy?
After reading that, if I find out I'm having a kid, I'm throwing the tv out, or getting rid of cable. 

Not just for the reasons mentioned above, but because the shows are horrible to boot.  Eck.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2007, 02:14:55 PM »

That's So Raven
Naked Brothers Band
Cory in The House

On July 13, the second most watched channel on television was NBC with 4.6 million watchers. And what was the most watched channel? The Disney Channel with 5.1 million watchers. That is the first time that a cable channel has ever beaten out all the network channels as being the most watched channel on television.  And what were these 5.1 million watchers watching, the programs listed, except for the "Naked Brothers Band," which is a Nickelodeon program.

Actually, the  age range of tweens is 9 to 14.

Well, flackbait, if you ever turn to the Disney Channel, then you are going to watch alot of it, as they are a commercial free channel. They may advertise their upcoming programs, but otherwise it's commercial free. Or, at least, it was, the last time I saw it in July of this year.

flackbait

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »

That's So Raven
Naked Brothers Band
Cory in The House

On July 13, the second most watched channel on television was NBC with 4.6 million watchers. And what was the most watched channel? The Disney Channel with 5.1 million watchers. That is the first time that a cable channel has ever beaten out all the network channels as being the most watched channel on television.  And what were these 5.1 million watchers watching, the programs listed, except for the "Naked Brothers Band," which is a Nickelodeon program.

Well, flackbait, if you ever turn to the Disney Channel, then you are going to watch alot of it, as they are a commercial free channel. They may advertise their upcoming programs, but otherwise it's commercial free. Or, at least, it was, the last time I saw it in July of this year.

I'd rather put an ax through my own TV then watch the disney channel(sorry if I'm being a little strong).
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2007, 04:43:46 PM »

No, you're not being too strong flackbait. But, to spare the expense of purchasing another television set, just don't turn too that channel.
flackbait

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2007, 05:43:05 PM »

No, you're not being too strong flackbait. But, to spare the expense of purchasing another television set, just don't turn too that channel.
I'll keep that in mind Smile
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2007, 11:14:42 AM »

That's So Raven
Naked Brothers Band
Cory in The House

That's the saddest set of news I've ever heard.  Especially considering the fact that the tv shows on there now could be and probably are written by 6 year olds.  They're horrible.

Last good show Disney Channel produced was Even Stevens.  And that was in 2000.  People are stupid if they watch Disney Channel anymore.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2008, 11:27:48 PM »

Big Brother would have to win hands down for me.

Here are some others I can't stand:

America's Next Top Model
Grey's Anatomy
Ugly Betty
Desperate Housewives
Survivor

Pretty much any reality show.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Jay the Magnificent
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2008, 12:29:17 AM »

iam old enough to say MTV is now beyond disappointment. but i realize that a station nowadays cant make money showing videos all day either.

all network tv is crap for the exception of sports

blu_clover
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2009, 09:08:13 PM »

I'm going to go with Two and 1/2 men. I have no idea why that show is still on the air.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 12:14:30 PM »

2 Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps

Anything with Ant and Dec in.

Big Brother.

Anything channel 4 makes that's for the 'yooth'. T4, 4Music that kinda thing.

My Hero...man, it's good that got axed. *Cringe*

Any show were people must tell me I must watch it because it's the next big thing. That just makes me hate it more, even if I've never seen it....Lost, Prison Brake, 24, Desperate Housewives, Heroes...

Dexter

Deal or no Deal

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 12:16:21 PM »

Britain's Got Talent....

No it hasn't. Now cancel this tripe.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Britain's Got Talent....

No it hasn't. Now cancel this tripe.

Is Ant and Dec in it...

Yep.

Well, I hate it then.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2009, 12:06:06 AM »

Bridezillas. I haven't watched the show but the commercials make want to throw something at the tv. Women acting like complete brats and getting rewarded for it.

The paula dean cooking show. I hate it! She seems so phony to me.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2009, 01:32:39 AM »

Two words: Billy Mays.
Ever hear that high-pitched salesman selling everything under the sun? I want to kill him every time I hear that voice. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.