Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:02:37 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Whats the worst/annoying show?  (Read 48654 times)
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2009, 07:13:21 PM »

Aside from the obvious shows I could mention, one that really gets on my nerves is VH1's wealth-envy show, "The Fabulous Life of...", complete with its  faux Robin Leach announcer.  I like what's on a lot of VH1, surprisingly to myself and others, but I just want to scream sometimes, when I look through the listings on certain days, and it's "The Fabulous Life of..." all over the place!  Now they have this "The Fabulous Life presents..." garbage, which cuts into all my other favorite programs. 
Which is pretty much why I don't watch a lot of television.  My wife's channel surfing atrocities are the stuff of legend, though.  She'll just have the TV on and flip back and forth between MTV, VH1, E! and Bravo.  So an average, aimless night of television goes like this:

Worthless rich teenagers throw extravagant parties/Sad, pathetic Real World alumni battle/have sex/argue with each other for cash and prizes

to

Aren't extraordinarily rich, vapid actors and actresses so much better than you?

to

Extraordinarily rich, vapid actors and actresses ARE better than you and here's all the stuff they have that you can't have in your wildest dreams/Their latest trainwreck, scandal ridden lives

to

Kathy Griffin stand-up special marathon/Kathy Griffin reality show marathon

It drives me nuts.  I find most television is completely worthless and reinforces all the wrong values.  Network television is creatively brankrupt with nothing but the latest CSI knock off or Hospital drama.  There are a few exceptions, but most television is just awful.
That really makes me feel better about being single TeddyR
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2009, 07:17:22 PM »

Since Fox cancelled MadTV and King of the Hill(to make room for yet another Seth MacFarland series..*uck you Seth and *uck you FOX),I have absolutely no interest in network TV.
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »

If I have to ever watch "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here" again, I will gladly carve my eyes out with a dull spoon...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Fox Sake
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »

reality progs really have had their day; and that includes so-called talent shows like "X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" et al.

That said I really don't watch much TV these days; too many channels showing too many repeats of spinoffs or cheap imports. The BBC still broadcasts a few golden nuggets, as does the History and Discovery channels, but by and large TV is a bucketful of dogt*rds.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »

The TV I hate with a passion tends to be soap operas. Especially Dallas, Dynasty, Coranation Street, Eastenders, Crossroads, Emerdale Farm, Neighbours, Home & Away, Brookside & Hollyoaks.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Fox Sake
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2018, 01:37:33 PM »

The TV I hate with a passion tends to be soap operas. Especially Dallas, Dynasty, Coranation Street, Eastenders, Crossroads, Emerdale Farm, Neighbours, Home & Away, Brookside & Hollyoaks.

I never saw the point in soaps either - most of them imitate real-life rather something more entertaining and escapist. But clearly I am in the minority.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2018, 07:05:01 AM »

Firefly.  God how I hate that show now.

I tried to watch it and couldn't.. I am the biggest SF fan you'll ever meet and I could stand a single ep of that ghawd awful mess.

I didn't care when it got canned,  but then it's fan started their apparently eternal whining.

''Waaah! Waaah!  Best series in all history!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Didn't get a fair chance!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Showed the eps out of order!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Only one season!  Waaah!. Waaah!  Big gubmint conspiracy to kill it because it endorsed libertarian values!  Waaah!  Waaah! ''

I swear these people don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn,  they just whine about firefly all day long!

I hate that show,  but most of all I hate it's fans.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2018, 08:36:46 AM »

reality progs really have had their day; and that includes so-called talent shows like "X Factor" and "Britain's Got Talent" et al.

That said I really don't watch much TV these days; too many channels showing too many repeats of spinoffs or cheap imports. The BBC still broadcasts a few golden nuggets, as does the History and Discovery channels, but by and large TV is a bucketful of dogt*rds.

I have to agree there- reality shows are the LCD. Things that have midgets running around like they're on the REAL HOUSEWIVES of whatever and JERSEY SNORE are the modern day sideshow freaks, but without the class.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »

I tried to watch it and couldn't.. I am the biggest SF fan you'll ever meet and I could stand a single ep of that ghawd awful mess.

I didn't care when it got canned,  but then it's fan started their apparently eternal whining.

''Waaah! Waaah!  Best series in all history!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Didn't get a fair chance!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Showed the eps out of order!  Waaah!  Waaah!  Only one season!  Waaah!. Waaah!  Big gubmint conspiracy to kill it because it endorsed libertarian values!  Waaah!  Waaah! ''

I swear these people don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn,  they just whine about firefly all day long!

So you hate christians, you hate people who vote right wing and you hate Firefly fans. Anyone you do actually like?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »

So you hate christians, you hate people who vote right wing and you hate Firefly fans. Anyone you do actually like?

Someone I liked a lot just died.  See my post in the. News forum about Victor Milan.

Pacman000
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Firefly?

I've never seen it, but I've never heard anything bad about it.  Just wanting to know what you think.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2018, 05:59:19 PM »

Out of curiosity, why do you hate Firefly?

I've never seen it, but I've never heard anything bad about it.  Just wanting to know what you think.

Try to understand something:I didn't lime firefly,  not a fan of the western in space genre. But I didn't hate it for a. While.. What I hate are the fans who. Never shut up about it and constantly try to. Link it to successful shows.  I mean there were shows I liked that got canceled after one season but I don't go on about them forever.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2018, 08:34:20 PM »

Try to understand something:I didn't lime firefly,  not a fan of the western in space genre. But I didn't hate it for a. While.. What I hate are the fans who. Never shut up about it and constantly try to. Link it to successful shows.  I mean there were shows I liked that got canceled after one season but I don't go on about them forever.

Whats up with all. The periods in. The middle of a . Sentence?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2018, 08:55:39 PM »

My keyboard does that and I'm just xxxxing sick of going back and fixing it constantly.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2018, 11:41:51 PM »

My keyboard does that and I'm just xxxxing sick of going back and fixing it constantly.

Oh! Ok! I thought maybe you were on your period!

Get it? Period? HAHA...haha...ha...ha -uh.  Bluesad

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Whats the worst/annoying show? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.