Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:40:52 PM
714220 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloody Pit of Horror (70's Italian) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bloody Pit of Horror (70's Italian)  (Read 1613 times)
Scott
« on: February 17, 2002, 11:44:37 PM »

BLOODY PIT OF HORROR is a fun film. Its like the AVENGERS and BATMAN tv series mixed with the Italian movie DIABOLIC. Wacky castle owner goes crazy and murders a bunch of girls and photographers on a photo shoot. This Something Weird Video special edition has some great extras
Squishy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2002, 02:14:06 AM »

The acting is, um...fun. The spider-football is a hoot, too.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2002, 01:16:40 PM »

I like this movie a lot, think its from the 60s although (don't remember the exact year.) It's pretty funny and a little mindless but it entertains me at least. The SWV edition is really good with the extra footage and nice print.
Trumpey
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2002, 03:46:19 PM »

I actually saw a different cut, probably not as good.  The guy Mickey Hergitay, the Crimson Executioner, was married to Jayne Mansfield.  they made a movie together called Hercules vs. the 3 headed hydra may also be called loves of Hercules.  He wasn't very good as cool Herc.   He was really over the top in Bloody Pit though.  Jim Carrey should remake it.   Mickey Hergitay did another one called "orgy at castle dracula" or something, rare and missing some sequences, that I keep almost renting.
StatCat
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2002, 05:24:19 PM »

The US cut was titled a tale of torture when it was released and I think they added a few alternate cuts and took some things out possibly. I know on the dvd there is a supplement of the 9 minutes of deleted footage.
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2002, 05:38:27 PM »

The film was originaly titled for U.S. release as A TALE OF TORTURE. Pacemaker Pictures bought the American distribution rights as it played uncut in limited American art house and small time theatres. Pacemaker cut out 8 minutes of important footage, changed the title to BLOODY PIT OF HORROR, and released it on a double bill with TERROR CREATURES FROM THE GRAVE (which had the same cast and crew of A TALE OF TORTURE, minus Mickey Hargitay).

Something Weird Video has both the U.S. cut and the uncut limited release version, both in English. However, SWV put the American cut out on DVD due to which one was in better shape. Though SWV has the original A TALE OF TORTURE 35mm negative, it was in bad shape. Yet, the 35mm negative of BLOODY PIT OF HORROR was in better shape so it got the better transfer. But SWV did not skimp out on us due to adding the missing 8 minutes as a special feature.

Ah those Italians: God love them, they can make good clothing, good food, and a good movie. That is my philosophy.
Scott
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2002, 11:52:53 AM »

That Mickey Hargitay was a real stiff. Fun film anyway.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bloody Pit of Horror (70's Italian) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.