Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:19:24 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 Worst Movies of All Time « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 100 Worst Movies of All Time  (Read 12017 times)
Mofo Rising
« on: March 24, 2001, 10:57:14 PM »

http://www.thestinkers.com/100stinkers.html

I hate lists like this.

Look, almost every movie they picked has redeeming entertainment qualities in one way or another.  Almost.

This is what the mass public thinks are bad films.  They have no imagination or impetus to find out what really bad movies are all about.  In fact, I think most of it is sniping at popular films simply because of the fact that they were popular, which is an idotic pastime.

Where's the TROLL 2's (entertaining in it's sheer ineptitude), where's the PIGS?  My god, where is PARENTS?  ( I know some of you like the film.  I'm still in complete disagreement.)

Hell, you know what I just realized?  I have just become some weird sort of elitist anti-elitist.  I thought I'd staved it off so well in recent years and here it is biting me in the ass.  I guess you always return to your roots.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2001, 12:16:23 AM »

My dear Mr. Mojo --
You are not alone.
I think everyone here who peruses this site has a similar sort of opinion.  I mean, as the Web/Net gains popularity, what does that bring with it?  The populace, of course, most of whom wouldn't know an original opinion if it came  and farted up their nose.
Not one of these lesser beings is capable of appreciating the nuances of The Giant Claw -- (be still, my heart! . . .)for instance.  No, they must be spoon-fed and coddled to think like the Rest of Them think.  Ro-man no like popularity sometimes . . . . .
Brian Ringler
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2001, 12:27:30 AM »

Since it is a vote and most people haven't seen parents or pigs, they aren't going to get voted.  The same goes for the imdb's bottom listing, it has a lot of MST3K movies since the majority of people are told those are the bad movies and even though there are some really bad ones done by the guys, there are others that are pretty bad that get no attention because no one has really heard of them.
Boz824
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2001, 12:47:38 PM »

I hate them almost as much as I hate the Razzies! The problem with the Razzies is that they're well-known and respected, and considered the experts on bad movies, when they really know nothing about bad movies. They don't nominate anything that hasn't come out to the theaters. They probably don't even know what "Full Moon Entertainment" or "A-Pix" are. When are they going to learn that the true worst of the worst come out straight-to-video? Maybe once a year a true stinker comes out to the theaters (like "Bats,") but to rely only on theaters to supply you with bad movies is idiocy.

What's worse is that they mixed true bad movies such as "Sextette" and "Xandau" in with movies like "Wild Wild West" and "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls."

I hate them!
Josh Leman
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2001, 03:17:04 PM »

These guys really have no idea what they're doing.  Look, for a movie to be one of the 100 worst ever made, it has to be so bad that no one could ever possibly like it.  Sure, everyone has different opinions, but there truly are movies that are impossible to like.  Full Moon Entertainment's Prison of the Dead is a good example--you will never find anyone, anywhere, who saw that movie and liked it.  Including the director's mom.

Sure, I thought Armageddon was a terrible movie.  But in the theater I saw people crying at the end, and one of my friends bought both the DVD standard edition and the two-disc Criterion set because he liked it so much.  Therefore people must have seen something good in that movie, and thus it cannot be one of the true worst films of all time.  The same goes for Anaconda, which was actually pretty entertaining if you saw it for what it was.  I'm not alone in thinking that--Roger Ebert gave it three and a half stars out of a possible four, which is the same rating he gave to Braveheart and Terminator 2.

And I am really f**king sick of people trying to make themselves feel better by criticizing The Blair Witch Project.  Okay, guys, so you didn't like it.  Great.  We don't give a @!#$.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2001, 06:54:47 PM »

Well said, Mofo Rising. Having said that, there is one category of movies I hate worst then "stinkers." That is those that are "overrated." You know, those movies that make some critic's end of year 10 best list. But, which I would rather do almost anything then watch again.
FLANGEPART
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2001, 12:59:54 PM »

Boz824 is right. What can you call the razzies but bland. The big studios are an easy target. True bad movies are best savored by perusing the vintages from the "microbrews",...the razzies take on the "golden arches" of cinema, but we know where the real stuff is! The Diner! The "Local color" in the Foodcourt of Film....and now that i write these words...it time for lunch!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 Worst Movies of All Time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.