Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:48:14 AM
714233 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A little time off is a dangerous thing « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A little time off is a dangerous thing  (Read 2643 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 21, 2007, 03:51:16 AM »

So for the first time in a year, I have more than two days off work in a row [including christmas!]

Ah, sweet sweet time off.  A miniscule 5 days is as good a reason as any to break out the ol' video camera as I take a trip down to the coast with a couple of friends.

SO, in order to justify this post being in the bad movies section I ask you: what should I film with my camera?

I feel like just messing around, but figure some semblence of focus will help keep us on track, so it's more like a dodgy home movie than anything fancy, but hey its all in fun!

At the moment I'm thinking of a random, fun pseudo travel documentary which gives you a look at the country-side and a bit of me rambling around.  I'm trying to work either ninja's or monsters into it somehow.

Otherwise I was thinking some random horror short of some kind, but without all that pesky effort... Could go classy but maybe I won't.  Still undecided

So yeah, I'm very happy about the time off, and I ask you: Is there something a no-talent hack with a video camera from Australia can film that might be worth the petrol money out to the beach?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 09:30:33 AM »

So yeah, I'm very happy about the time off, and I ask you: Is there something a no-talent hack with a video camera from Australia can film that might be worth the petrol money out to the beach?

Yeah, Wolf Creek (2005)!  BounceGiggle

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »

I'm guessing drunk people could be worth a laugh
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »

it doesn't matter what you film so long as you have a narrator doing social commentary over your footage.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 02:43:53 PM »

Okay, quick and easy and you're thinking maybe scary:
Film your friends except one (perhaps yourself).  Shoot that person separately, maybe obscure their face, and have that person stalking the others.  You need two camera men if you want everybody to appear, so you're #1 and someone could be #2.  Obviously, the stalker films everybody else, and someone else films the stalker.  The camera can also serve as "the stalker." 
Remember, less is more, but seeing the mysterious character immediately after the others in the same locale could yield lots of ideas and be creepy. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 03:20:23 PM »

Bad roadside attractions and folk art!!
You know:  "Crocodile Farm This Exit!" . . . "World's Largest Wombat!" -- Or someone has done mad sculpture on their mailbox or profusely illustrated their car/house, etc.
This stuff is timeless --
peter j/denny c

I have no idea what this means.
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 03:25:02 PM »

Two words:

CANE TOADS!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

How about this:

A young man raised by dingos (possibly Meryl Streep's kid) must fight off a horde of two or three zombies.  Facing dire straits, he enters into the Dreamtime to seek guidance from a cryptic wallaby.  Later, he teams up with Jacko to fight off the zombies with slingshots loaded with killer jellyfish, which contain the only toxin that can kill reanimated flesh!

Okay, so I don't know that much about Australia.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
dean

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

How about this:

A young man raised by dingos (possibly Meryl Streep's kid) must fight off a horde of two or three zombies.  Facing dire straits, he enters into the Dreamtime to seek guidance from a cryptic wallaby.  Later, he teams up with Jacko to fight off the zombies with slingshots loaded with killer jellyfish, which contain the only toxin that can kill reanimated flesh!

Okay, so I don't know that much about Australia.

This isn't actually out of the realm of possibility.  I mean, dingoes aren't so common really in this area but I'd have alot of fun messing with cryptic dreamtime sequences.  And bonus karma for mentioning Jacko in a post...

Two words:

CANE TOADS!

Darn it, I'm too far south for those little beasties.

Bad roadside attractions and folk art!!
You know:  "Crocodile Farm This Exit!" . . . "World's Largest Wombat!" -- Or someone has done mad sculpture on their mailbox or profusely illustrated their car/house, etc.
This stuff is timeless --
peter j/denny c

Haha, bad country mailboxs are fairly universal, if I notice any wierd ones I'll have to stop past and make fun of them.  I don't think there's any giant buildings in the general area for where I'm going, since it's only about an hour and a half out of town, but I'll keep my ears open for any special places worth lampooning regardless...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A little time off is a dangerous thing « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.