Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:04:36 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hot Fuzz (2007) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hot Fuzz (2007)  (Read 18262 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 08:16:58 AM »

I saw Hot Fuzz this weekend.  I thought it was good but not nearly as good as Shaun of the Dead.

Now, I don't know if this is because I'm more of a horror movie fan than a action movie fan.  I guess I like Simon Pegg playing a sad sack than an annoyed kick-ass cop.  Shaun of the Dead had my friends and I rolling in the isles.  I went with the same group and we laughed but not nearly as frequently or as hard.

Hot Fuzz is a fun little movie and I enjoyed it but I thought that Shaun was funnier and more inspired.

P.S.-  It was a treat to see Timothy Dalton having fun on the screen.

These are my thoughts exactly.  I love action films but I'm more of a horror fan than anything, and Shaun Of The Dead was a fantastic film for me.  As OldSkool said, Pegg works better as the loser.  After watching Spaced and Shaun Of The Dead numerous times, it was hard for me to make the transition with Pegg into a no-nonsense, by the books, ass kicking cop.  I think the reason behind that is that I saw a lot of myself in Tim (Spaced) and Shaun.

Despite that though, it wasn't a total failure.  Some of the action was fun, and some of the jokes worked.  It just seemed to be more subdued than what I expected given Pegg/Frost/Wright's previous works together.

But as I said before, I did see the film under less than satisfactory conditions.  I'm hoping I'll like it more when I get a better copy on DVD.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Hunky Magoo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 04:54:15 PM »

I was a little disapointed. It was very slow in the beginning and i diddn't get alot of the jokes early on. When the murders began it got better by the ending it was great. Not as good a Shaun of the Dead though. I'd have to see it again to see if i would buy it

Oh listen Tender Lumplings let me take you by the hands.
I'll take you from this hell-hole to the Promised Land.
But don't blame me, oh children, if those promises don't keep.
'Cause promises like lives, can be bought so very cheap.
Torgo

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 05:15:15 PM »

*** out of ****.

The 1st and 3rd acts were great but the middle could have used some severe tightening up.

Simon Pegg was mis-cast though he did a good job.  Nick Frost wasn't given much to do.

While I wasn't expecting it to be as great as Shaun of the Dead was, I still liked it even though it's got some pretty apparent problems. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:40:53 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 03:15:45 PM »

I really disliked Shaun of the Dead, so Im not expecting a whole lot from this one. Maybe ill wait for a friend to buy it and watch it with them.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hot Fuzz (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.