Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:33:58 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I'm ready.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I think I'm ready....  (Read 9166 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »

I'm about halfway ready, if I were to die tomorrow I'd accept it, but with metaphorical guns blazing.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »

I'm not ready to go and until I am anything that tries to take me out will have quite a fight on it's hands. Maybei it's my Inner Cimmerian. On the oher hand when my Mom had cancer for the third time she at one point told me she was tired of fighting and was done living. A week later she was gone. I guess death's biggest tragedy is when someone dies before they are ready.

I wouldn't mind bowing out by spontaneously combusting during a 4-way strip Twister game with Anne Hathaway,Jamie Luner and Eliza Dushku. Since it's "a bit" of a fantasy I'll make it "Just the Ten of Us" era Jamie Luner.

On a side note, I'd like to know if Indiana is actually equating wrestling a giant anaconda with wrestling Anne Hathaway. Although what with "evan Almighty" I guess they have both worked with Steve Carrell Wink

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 03:11:04 PM »

To paraphrase one of George Carlin's great words, the point of living is to avoid dying. 

Yeah....I 'm been bummed. But I'm pulling my head outta me arse. Dying is easy. Living....no there's a job! Meh....I got to much too do any way. Besides, I STILL need to see the BRAIN from PLANET AROUS!!!!!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »

I'm not afraid, I've come close a few times, which actually made me feel invincible afterwards. I've never had anyone really close to me pass away though, so I don't know how I'd feel about that. But, yeah when it comes to death...I stand defiant, it comes to us all.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »

I don't think I'm ready, , Too much stuff left to do, things to see. I've almost bit the big one a few times, and I never was scared, , often i was scared LATER, , but the fear seemed to be with the idea I could have been paralyzed or in a coma for a long time and a burden to my family.  That and the last close call I had was through my own rampant stupidity, and had I died, it would have been right in front of my kid. That woulda SUCKED. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »

I remember going through my bout with cancer and the only thing that preyed on my mind was my wife and kids.  The thing I prayed for was to be able to see my kids grow up. They were 3 and 5 when I was diagnosed.

I think I could handle my own impending death pretty well now that they have grown into outstanding young adults.

One of the people waiting for portraits was this elderly woman. I had filled out her sitting card for her to find out that she was 90. Just out of conversation I had commented on how well she looked for her age and said something along the lines that I may take her portrait when she is 100.

She had commented that she hoped not. She had lived long enough, was tired, and was ready.

I guess she was ready.

My mother died of inoperable ovarian cancer. I lived about three hours away and I came up when she was released from the hospital and when I got to the house the first thing she said to me was to tell everybody to leave her alone.  Seems my brothers that lived near by where harrassing her to eat and drink.

She was ready to go and they weren't accepting it.  The greatest lesson she ever taught me was to accept what's happening, do what you need to deal with it , and go on with life.   Going on with life sometimes means accepting it's end.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »

I remember going through my bout with cancer and the only thing that preyed on my mind was my wife and kids.  The thing I prayed for was to be able to see my kids grow up. They were 3 and 5 when I was diagnosed.

I think I could handle my own impending death pretty well now that they have grown into outstanding young adults.

One of the people waiting for portraits was this elderly woman. I had filled out her sitting card for her to find out that she was 90. Just out of conversation I had commented on how well she looked for her age and said something along the lines that I may take her portrait when she is 100.

She had commented that she hoped not. She had lived long enough, was tired, and was ready.

I guess she was ready.

My mother died of inoperable ovarian cancer. I lived about three hours away and I came up when she was released from the hospital and when I got to the house the first thing she said to me was to tell everybody to leave her alone.  Seems my brothers that lived near by where harrassing her to eat and drink.

She was ready to go and they weren't accepting it.  The greatest lesson she ever taught me was to accept what's happening, do what you need to deal with it , and go on with life.   Going on with life sometimes means accepting it's end.

I'm sitting here wondering if my Dad knew that he was going. It is possible. The night before he passed on, I called my Mom to say goodnight as I always do and I heard him shout from outside: "Is that Trevor? Keep him on the phone, I haven't talked to him today." He had, several times, but he had Alzheimers and was very forgetful indeed, although he was very lucid a lot of the time. He talked to me, asking if my car was OK (he had chosen the Fiat for me), if everything was locked up and if I'd had something to eat yet. My response was yes to everything, I told him I loved him, he said the same and that was the last I ever spoke to him.  Bluesad Bluesad Dammit..................

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »

I've heard similar things from people that makes me believe that sometimes people know. I've heard of people inexplicably getting their will in order, and dying the next day of an anurism (sp?) or heart attack, or even an accident that was beyond their control.

When I was in the Army and stationed in Texas, we were drinking one night and I started talking about how I knew one of my friends that I grew up with (in Ohio) was not going to be alive long because of all the drinking, drugs, etc. Seems I was kinda upset about it at the time, which my roommate pointed out as being odd, because apparently, I was a pretty 'normal' drunk, and apparently I was being kinda emotional about it. The next day, I get a call from my mom, apparently my friend was killed in a car wreck (He wasn't driving, no drugs or alcohol involved), and it happened right during the time I was talking about it. F-ing weird man.

Several times I've been one of the first people on the scene after an accident where someone was hurt or killed, or witnessed a person being arrested for something fairly serious. Not just car accidents, but industrial accidents, assaults, and one thing that always struck me was how they were dressed, like a person got all dressed up, and I think "I wonder if they knew, when they were getting dressed in the morning, how this day would end". I also often think about that when I'M getting dressed in the morning, like I picture my clothes soaked in blood because some a-hole stabbed me or bashed me over the head with something. Often I get the feeling like everything is going TOO well, and kinda get nervous. A couple of years ago I had to take my car to Anchorage for some warranty work (Anchorage is about 125 miles away). I went, got my car taken care of, did all my errands in Anchorage, and headed home. I made it to within 2 miles of home when a Moose ran out in front of me, I never did see the thing, the first thing I saw was the windshield explode. It's butt came into the car far enough to bend the steering wheel and it killed my beloved Pimpmobile ('05 Crown Vic LX Sport, Blackl on Black, LOADED, 100%). The instant the windshield exploded I thought "This isn't going to hurt one bit, , one way or another". Never really a care about the outcome since it was out of my hands, but once it got all quiet because the initial impact was over and the animal had gone over the top, I just kinda thought, "well, better get stopped since I can't see, better get to the left into the snow/guardrail so I don't end up in oncomming traffic". It wasall so "matter-of-fact". . .

Anyways, here's some pictures of my beloved Pimpmobile, killed in a cowardly suicide-attack by a moose that 'I' suspect was a terrorist with ties to Al Queda.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 12:38:19 PM »

Damn, that's some dint at the top there. Poor car, but lucky you.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »

You can buff that out.

Kidding man, that sucks, it's wierd though because I knew that when I got a car I would call it "The Pimpmobile" even if it was a total junker.  It's good to know you got out of that allright.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 12:58:01 PM »

You can buff that out.

It's just a flesh wound. . .

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 01:43:28 PM »

You can buff that out.

Your pimpmobile was made of FLESH?  Who designed it, David Cronenberg??

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 03:18:35 PM »

You can buff that out.

Your cool car gets demolished...

...your dick goes down a notch...

...yep...it's a flesh wound.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 03:30:21 PM »

You can buff that out.

Yes, considering many say a person's car is an extenstion to their penis (metaphoricaly), yes, it is made of flesh. That is ONE reason Cronenberg is my hero, he designed my penis, ,err, , car. Of course it was MY choice to go with one that is big and black.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I think I'm ready.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.