Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:28:27 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bucket Of Blood « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bucket Of Blood  (Read 2196 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: April 16, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »

I stopped by Gameland durring my latest comic book run to peek in their dvd shelves. This is where I got EVIL SPAWN, which i haven't watched yet because I've heard mixed reviews about it. RCMerchant said it was cool, but Andrew gave it 1 slime on his review, so i havent watched yet in fear of wasting my time. Anyway, while I was there I saw a movie called BUCKET OF BLOOD, which is apparently the prequel to LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS. I almost bought it, but because of my phobia of buying boring movies i put it back on the shelf. I will probobly be going up there again this weekend, so if its still there, should I buy it?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:57:37 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:58:12 PM »

This film is in no way a prequel to little shop. Although it does concern a seemingly harmless nebbish who kills four people. I give it three Silver Spheres, but even if it Andrew's "skull" I'd watch it anyway, I'm just like that.

Anyhow, when I saw the film I found it quite boring, perhaps because I was half-asleep and was just watching it to see how it turned out. It does have some good black humor, but the rest is kinda just dumb. And the ending looks like it was ripped off in MANIAC.

P.S.: I believe the film's title refers to a gimmick Corman used during it's theatrical release, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt since it's poetic and the film deals a lot with poetry.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 04:21:48 PM »

This film is in no way a prequel to little shop. Although it does concern a seemingly harmless nebbish who kills four people.

Oh, ok. I looked on the back of the box and it said it had something to do with Little Shop, but i forgot what it was. I thought it said it was a prequel, but i guess i was wrong. Sorry! TeddyR

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 05:32:41 PM »

Actually,it's called BUCKET of BLOOD,because in one particular scene,Walter (long time Corman regular and perinal bit player DICK MILLER) is hiding a body in in the rafters....where it is leaking blood,so he sets a bucket down to catch the drops...like you would a leaky roof! Personally,I saw the movie,like 30 years ago on late nite TV,so I'm not sure how well it would hold up for me...but it was ok. Now EVIL SPAWN...(SPOILER ALERT!) thats a movie worth watching! Gory Z budget nonsense...and the scene where Dawn wildsmith blows her own brains out is cool! AND lotsa boobies too!!!! I loved it myself.  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:46 PM »

BUCKET OF BLOOD was one of my favorite childhood horror films. When he accidently kills the cat that got stuck in the walls was really disturbing and then he plasters the body of the cat and later people.

Many times you will find BUCKET OF BLOOD and LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS on the same DVD set. Perhaps this is why you thought it was a prequel.

Jim H

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 01:45:03 AM »

Little Shop of Horrors is more-or-less a remake.  Guy accidentally does something which causes him great success, but it has a very high cost, etc.  Very similar in a number of ways, and the guy who plays Mushnik in LSOH is a beatnik in Bucket of Blood.  What is that guy's name?  He's great in everything I've ever seen in him.

Anyway, Bucket of Blood is in several of those 50 movie box sets.  That's how I got it, and the set was $20.  So don't pay too much for it by itself.

It's definetly worth seeing, especially considering it's only like 65 minutes.  Some pretty funny moments.  It's not the classic LSOH is, but it has its moments.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:00:53 AM »

Little Shop of Horrors is more-or-less a remake.  Guy accidentally does something which causes him great success, but it has a very high cost, etc.  Very similar in a number of ways, and the guy who plays Mushnik in LSOH is a beatnik in Bucket of Blood.  What is that guy's name?  He's great in everything I've ever seen in him.

Anyway, Bucket of Blood is in several of those 50 movie box sets.  That's how I got it, and the set was $20.  So don't pay too much for it by itself.

It's definetly worth seeing, especially considering it's only like 65 minutes.  Some pretty funny moments.  It's not the classic LSOH is, but it has its moments.

Mushnik  was played by MEL WELLES. he appeared in lotsa low budget films,and directed a few as well,including LADY FRANKENSTIEN (1971) and MAN-EATER of HYDRA (1967) aka ISLAND of the DOOMED.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 02:51:12 PM »

The original or the television remake?

There again if one is old enough, one remembers the L.A. Beat scene of the 1950's, and--supposedly--the original "Bucket of Blood" is the best film ever made about that particular scene.

It is also interesting what Roger Corman could do with a budget of $25,000, which was--again supposedly--the budget for the original.

As for the television remake, I think I saw about five minutes of it, before I turned it off. Then again, I may have seen more of it, if I knew then, what I know now, that the cast included Anthony Michael hall, Justine Bateman, Shadoe Stevens, Paul Bartel, Alan Sues, and a pre-stardom Will Ferrell.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bucket Of Blood « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.