Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:54:57 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your most disturbing nightmares ... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Your most disturbing nightmares ...  (Read 4883 times)
venomx
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »

Your most disturbing nightmares,
Was it about a b horror movie? Or just really disturbing? ...

Well the one I have the most is a really BIG tidal wave coming just as Im at the boardwalk pier. Makes me sick to think about this.
The next one is ZOMBIES ... lots of them as Im hiding out in an old shcool and I can hear them creeping down the steps coming to get me.
Others ... Im walking in a swamp far away from anything that can help me if i need it. I mean People and houses, then snakes, and alligators start to swim toward me real slow ... At this point Im stuck in the mud of the swamp and can not move my legs ... I wake up then! phew ...  I spelled swamp wrong
The next one I cant understand or like ... Its real short I see flashs of and old Dracula looking castle on a hill and a face with full black eyes much like this pic and long black hair ... weird and disturbing ... what is your nightmares about?

Edit - Allhallowsday -
Your most disturbing nightmare thread sounds cool anyone up for it? I got some real disturbing nightmares to tell too.
Start it and I'll be sure to share one or two of my own . . . tombofanubis's dream with the Bates house and Meg Mucklebones was very cool and movie related.  Venomx - sorry I did not know about the other thread from tombofanubis.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:37:37 PM by venomx » Logged
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 11:05:06 PM »

Too many to list; I've been plagued by nightmares and night terrors ever since I can remember dreaming.

Here are a few that have resulted in several days worth of no-sleep afterward.  Note that for each of these, it was difficult to tell I was "awake" later - the dreamed seemed to be continuing.  Also, I dream in color.

(1) I once dreamed I was talking to my sister and her head literally explosed all over me.  I have a pretty decent relationship with my sister, so I don't think there is anything Freudian about this.

(2) I once dreamed I was narrating my own autopsy.  I used to be a firefighter and worked my share of car wrecks.  This particular dream was linked to that, since in the dream I was killed in a car wreck.  Subsequently, like a new chapter in the dream, I was "visited" by each of the fatality victims with whom I worked - but only those that lived for a few days (ie, those that were alive, but barely so, while I was working with them).  It was a very, very bad dream, and it led me to miss about three days of work.  My boss at the time sent someone to check on me when I did not show up for two day.  Everyone thought it was a little silly for me to miss work due to a dream, but it was all very, very real, and seemed to last the entire multi-day period.

Some think I just had some sort of breakdown or PTSD type reaction.  Keep in mind this was about 5 years after I was no longer a firefighter.  Regardless, it was partly about me "making peace" with the demons in my past (those I could not help, etc, etc).

(3) The last is hard to talk about.  I've had numerous recurring dreams, but only one "serial" dream.  Whenever I have a new "installment" of this dream, I cannot sleep for several days.  It has it's own "theme music" so that I know I am dreaming THAT DREAM immediately, no matter what the visual impressions are.  It has to do with being in a house that once you enter, you cannot escape.  And the house is that of my Grandmother.  This dream is associated with an EXTREME sense of dread that lasts for days.  It is very creepy.

In the more general sense, I've dreamed I was drowning more times than I can count.  This used to bug me since I love boating.  I've since learned that drowning dreams are often associated with feeling not-in-control of your life while awake, and they certainly were happening a lot during such a part of my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

I don't usually have nightmares but when I do, they're almost always about me being wrongfully accused of a crime I didn't commit.

I've had several nightmares where a friend did something bad such as robbing a convenience store or murdering someone.
And in those dreams, I get accused by the police and charged with the crime.
I'm protesting my innocence but no matter what I say, everyone, including my own family, thinks I'm guilty...even though I'm really not.
The weird thing is that in those dreams, the person who is actually guilty of the crime is always someone I know well in real life.

Then I wake up and think, "Oh thank God!  It didn't really happen!"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:19:47 AM by Ash » Logged
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 11:55:04 PM »

I almost never remember my dreams, but when my sleep is chopped up badly enough on a call night, I sometimes will wake up from REM sleep and remember something.   The worst nightmares I have tend to involve someone close to me dying, and like Ash says, I wake up with a moment of bewilderment, then relief that it was just a dream...

What a strange instrument the human mind is, though.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:57:48 PM »

The next one is ZOMBIES ... lots of them as Im hiding out in an old shcool and I can hear them creeping down the steps coming to get me.
Edit - Allhallowsday -
 Venomx - sorry I did not know about the other thread from tombofanubis.
Hi Venomx; you misunderstand me, tombofanubis.com had mentioned his nightmares in the WHAT FREAKED YOU OUT? thread.  I don't know of a nightmare thread. 

I have had the "tidal wave" dream, but not in a long time.  I often have ZOMBIE dreams of being trapped, or trying to escape, the clutches of a horde . . . one of the latest I was trapped with others in the U.S. capitol building, now derelict, as the normal-looking zombie people lined up at a restaurant across the street for their "fresh meat," eventually turning on us few and giving chase! 

*****Oh, I see, tombofanubisetc started another thread! ******
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:18:06 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:20:24 AM »

Geea...Ulthar. Dream no#3...is about the same as a serial nightmare I've had since a kid...
 I'm in an old house.There  are two stories to the house with my stuff in it...but beyond that,the rest of the floors are filled with real old antique kinda stuff...I really want to check them out...but  when I head up the stairwell, a severe ,engulfing fear overcomes me...but I continue anyway. So, i'm checking out these rooms,and,kinda like in the SHINING's room number 213, there is one room that scares the p**s outta me....and as I walk towards it...I wake up- scared as s**t. Iv'e benn having this dream way before the Shining ever came out. Real REAL, creepy. Buggedout
 Otherwise,most of my dreams involve sex or finding money or finding cool stuff at yardsales.(Really.) Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:45:45 AM »

I dabble in dream interpretation, so I feel compelled to step in here......Anytime you dream about a building, especially a house, what you're actually dreaming about is some aspect of yourself.  When you're dreaming about going from room to room in a house, especially if you don't recognize the rooms, you're dredging up things from the back of your mind that maybe you haven't thought about in years. 

If anyone's interested, I can find some more info and post it for you, it's sometimes really helpful to find out what a nightmare or a recurring dream might mean. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 08:56:44 AM »

Often, I dream about a version of me who lives in a sort-of-weird city.  I mean that its architecture is weird.  Everything always seems oversized: like a twenty-story parking garage, or flights of stairs going all the way up the outside of a skyscraper, things like that.  Nothing scary happens in those dreams.  I see only what alternate me does day-to-day.  Sometimes he goes to an amusement park (the ferris wheel was easily a quarter of a mile in diameter).  One time he was running from some punks.

I used to have dreams about finding dead bodies.  In one, I was opening the door to my house and it hit something.  I knew before I looked down -- there was a rotting body blocking the door.  In another, I saw a girl sitting with her back to me on the tire swing (that I can't remember if I ever really had).  She wasn't moving, and I remembered something about a neightbor's daughter being missing.  I walked over, slowly, and touched the tire to turn it around.  Once again, I knew before I saw: she was a rotting corpse.  Keep in mind all of those dreams involved either finding a body inside my house or in my yard.  The bodies were never anyone I knew, though.

For a time, I had recurring dreams about some form of disaster occurring and trying to get back home to see if everything was all right.  Somehow, I'd just know these disasters were worldwide and not just happening where I was.  I remember these: living tornados, thirty-foot long, flying sharks, forklifts that had come to life and gained the ability to fly, and thousands upon thousands of H.R. Giger aliens falling out of the sky like rain.  (See a pattern?)  The alien one was an awful dream.  It turned into one of those where I'm trying to hide but I just end up trapping myself with the things chasing me getting in on all sides

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:07:08 AM »

I dabble in dream interpretation, so I feel compelled to step in here......Anytime you dream about a building, especially a house, what you're actually dreaming about is some aspect of yourself.  When you're dreaming about going from room to room in a house, especially if you don't recognize the rooms, you're dredging up things from the back of your mind that maybe you haven't thought about in years. 

If anyone's interested, I can find some more info and post it for you, it's sometimes really helpful to find out what a nightmare or a recurring dream might mean. 

I don't know if I would want to know what it meeans...I hadda real f#cked up childhood at times...and a lot of it I really don't care to think about...lotsa alchohlism,fighting, foster homes,a catholic orphange for about six months...(maybe not that long...I was only 6, so maybe it just seemed like that long) ,sometimes..."dead is better."

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 11:40:38 AM »

i recently had a weird one involving snakes.  I found a big snake in the garage and it tries to bite me.  So I grab its head in one hand and try to cut it with a knife in the other hand.  But as soon as I cut the snake and new head emerges and tries to attack.  I continue to fight the snake, but every time I slash or cut it another head emerges.  Pretty soon I'm being attacked by a Hydra creature.

JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »

I posted my most disturbing ones in this thread: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113814.0.html

I do wonder if the Predator one isn't related to the most terrifying experience of my childhood too. There are some shocking similarities between them.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 02:53:46 PM »

The nightmares I have had that realy disturbed me are from my very young childhood (< 5). In one, I was kidnapped and couldn't escape. I only have vague memories of that one, and I remember having it after reading a Mickey Mouse comic where the same type of thing happens. I still don't like that stupid rodent...

In another one, I had proposed to some girl and we were going to be married. That happened the first night. The second night, I got stood up at the altar. Not really super scary, but very disturbing, especially coming from a three- or four-year-old mind.

In the worst one, I dreamed that my brother brought home a new hound dog (he hunts and always had hunting dogs even then). The dog wasn't a normal one, though: This hound had hollow antlers that shot razor blades. And it didn't like me, so it chased me all over the place. Finally, as I was trying to open the door, to go outside, it was sitting there waiting for me and shot me with a razor blade right in the chest. That was (I think) the first dream I ever had where I died in the dream, proving the Nightmare on Elm Street rule (if you die in a dream, you die in real life) wrong.

As an adult, I always end up taking control of my nightmares and having fun with them (yes, I can control my dreams most of the time). I wake up feeling a bit creeped out, about like I would after watching a good scary movie, but they are pretty much entertainment to me now. My most recent example of this is similar to the one mentioned by Ulthar and RCMerchant. I was in an old house. It felt like I'd been there before and knew what to do, but I don't really recall this being a recurring dream. Anyway, it was structured like a video game, and the next villain I was supposed to face was Darth Vader. I knew I needed some special crystals to defeat him, but I didn't have them yet. About that time, I apparently got bored with the dream, because Vader was nowhere to be found, so I was running down the halls of the old house yelling stupid insults like, "Darth Vader's Mama has a big fat butt!" trying to get him to come on out so we could fight. My insults were incredibly funny in the dream. In the light of day, not so much.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your most disturbing nightmares ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.