Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:06:41 PM
713358 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors and actress's you cannot stand.... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Actors and actress's you cannot stand....  (Read 22772 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 12:10:46 AM »

Yo, dawgs . . .
Or whatever the current terminology might be . . .
I've read over the lists presented, and I have to submit an overall dissenting opinion, to wit:
Given the number of acting classes and coaching etc. available in the modern Hollywood, it is almost impossible to find a genuinely "BAD" actor -- David Hasselhof notwithstanding -- . . .
I've read everyone's concerns, and I find that the shared problem here with designating "BAD ACTORS" is really an issue of . . . (wait for it . . .). . . BAADDD DIRECTION!!!
Think with me a bit here:  Nicholas Cage, for example, is more than capable of giving an A++ performance:  Witness "Raising Arizona" to prove my point.
Now, in that example, Mr. Cage was directed by the Coen Brothers, who have amply demonstrated their ability to conjure magic from the most lifeless of beings.
A good actor can often give a bad performance, given poor direction.  Understand that most poor actors are mere puppets, as they have been taught to be, waiting for the tutelage of some Superior Director.  When said Mr. Superior is lacking . . . well then!
Brando, Bogart, Dietrich, Orson Welles, Edward G. Robinson . . . many other names spring to mind -- Many actors took it upon themselves to ignore entirely the directions of an incompetent director & produce a stellar performance in sometimes C-grade muck.  There seems to be no such determination today.  Probably why so many actors think they need to form their own Production Companies.
Anyway, all the people being named herein are capable of giving brilliant performances.  The modern problem is that there is NOBODY at the helm . ..
peter dictator/denny eric von stroheim

I have no idea what this means.
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 12:46:04 AM »

Cage's best performance, hands down, is Leaving Las Vegas. That alone has given him the right to choose whatever other projects he wants to do. I also thought The Weatherman was enjoyable, if I can use that word for it.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 03:01:48 AM »

The question, though, is not which actors/actresses are "bad."

The thread is about the ones you CAN'T STAND.

Edit:  Awwww, look at Tom Hanks with dose chubby cheeks and that bad hair...

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 06:09:30 AM »

Quote from: ulthar on April 24, 2007, 07:14:07 PM
Another vote for Adam Sandler

Ben Affleck

Ben Stiller (I don't dislike him nearly as much as the other two, but for some reason his style annoys me - I guess I CAN stand him, but not by much).

I think I might be able to get you to like him---try watching the slightly cheesy Disney movie Heavy Weights, which has him as a really evil villian role---he's a riot!

ben stiller plays almost identical roles in both heavy weights and dodge ball, though i find heavy weights more enjoying. What im saying is if you hated him in dodge ball dont waste your time with heavy weights. if im not mistaken was lars that metal head/redneck bully from critters 2?
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 08:25:37 AM »

Hallie Berrie

Wanda Sykes

Queen Latifa

Chris Rock (I used to like him but he's not funny any more)

Adam Sandler

Hmmmm, the fact that 80% of your picks are black might look suspicious to some people....

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 08:30:35 AM »

My absolute "can't f*cking stand the b***h" pick for this would have to be JBlow... provided you can call her an "actress", which, I'm pretty sure doesn't.

Also can't stand Renee "scrunchy face" Zellwegger, Eddie "hasn't been funny since Regan left office" Murphy, or Freddy "insert insulting comment here" Prinze Jr.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 01:09:20 PM »

Hallie Berrie

Wanda Sykes

Queen Latifa

Adam Sandler

Hmmmm, the fact that 80% of your picks are black might look suspicious to some people....

That's their problem--they can't really bring racism up because they don't know if I'm black, white, or purple so if they did call my post racist then they are just being racist themselves.

And the fact is, Chris Rock really did used to be funny but he's lost a lot of that since then.Queen Latifa was never funny at all and Hallie Berrie cannot even act.

You want to see GOOD black comedians who are actually funny, then watch Kennan Thompson, Bernie Mack, Martin Lawrence, or Bill Cosby.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 08:46:28 PM »

Also can't stand Renee "scrunchy face" Zellwegger,

Bwahahahahahaha....  karma point, that is awesome.

We can't stand JBlow, either.

Torgo

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »

Hallie Berrie

Wanda Sykes

Queen Latifa

Adam Sandler

That's their problem--they can't really bring racism up because they don't know if I'm black, white, or purple so if they did call my post racist then they are just being racist themselves.

And the fact is, Chris Rock really did used to be funny but he's lost a lot of that since then.Queen Latifa was never funny at all and Hallie Berrie cannot even act.

You want to see GOOD black comedians who are actually funny, then watch Kennan Thompson, Bernie Mack, Martin Lawrence, or Bill Cosby.

Steve Harvey is funny as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 10:12:33 PM »

Hallie Berrie

Wanda Sykes

Queen Latifa

Adam Sandler

You don't have to be black, white or purple to sound racist. You can still be black and sound racist if your list contains mostly black people. Haven't you ever heard of self-hating racists who hate their own race? I'm not saying you're racist or anyone's racist, I'm just making an observation... though I don't care what race or religion or sex Adam Sandler may be, that guy's a total dickbag whatever he may be...

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 10:13:49 PM »

Also can't stand Renee "scrunchy face" Zellwegger,

Bwahahahahahaha....  karma point, that is awesome.

We can't stand JBlow, either.

Before coming to the Board, I was always told that my karma was dependent on my actions as a person. Nice to see that that's all been a load of crap and it's really resultant of whether or not I can be entertaining.  TeddyR

peter johnson

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »

Ooops!
I missed the point -- thankyou for setting me straight --
SO:  This is about people in film that you just generally dislike, period, having nothing at all to do with their ability to do their job or not --
Okay -- Then I really have nobody at all to nominate, as everyone I've ever met out there is doing the best that they can & I really can't think of anyone to just generally dislike on general priciples.
. . . except . . . perhaps . . . GILBERT GODFREID!!!
peter gilbert/denny godfreid

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 06:27:27 AM »

I actually like Gilbert for the fact he IS annoying!!! In a funny way! But Pauly Shore is annoying,as in- get outta my face you moron before I hurt you-kinda way! There's someting about that dipsh!t that just makes me wanna kick my TV...whenever he's on I go "AHHHH!" and change the channel the second I see his face-which p**ses my kids off,cuz they think he's funny...(must be from they're mother's side of the family...).
  I like on the USA up All Nite segment where Gilbert's  hanging out with the RAMONES ,and is dressed up like them,trying to become a member,and they diss his a$$...funny! ( It's featured in the doc. RAMONES-RAW).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 06:53:12 AM »

I should have put Pauly Shore on my original list, along with Carrot Top.  They both make me violently angry.

You guys here are being awfully easy on the bad actresses.  Although somebody did mention Denise Richards and Pam Anderson, both of whom are a sad waste of space.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 09:34:57 AM »

I really can't think of anyone to just generally dislike on general priciples. . . . except . . . perhaps . . . GILBERT GODFREID!!!

What?  You don't like Gilbert Gottfried?  I can't believe it!  I cannot believe that you don't like Gilbert Gottfried!  You must have bricks in your underwear if you don't like Gilbert Gottfried!  Here, hit me in the head and kill me!  Take a brick out of your shorts and hit me in the head and kill me right now!  I want to die by underwear brick, rather than listen to this!

(Said like Gilbert, that should be amusing.)

Man, I've been thinking about it and nobody is jumping to mind.  Usually, when an actor or actress gets on my nerves, it is due to them not correctly fitting into the part they are playing - or if they are doing something in real life that annoys me.

Okay, wait, I do have one:  Jenny McCarthy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Actors and actress's you cannot stand.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.