Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:18:09 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s  (Read 35870 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 25, 2007, 11:01:46 AM »

Worst 50 Horror flicks from the 1980s that played in theaters:

To kick things off, I nominate...

50.  Wes Craven's Shocker (1989)
Freddy Krueger's electric clone, initially intended to spawn his own series, Horrice Pinker appears in dreams, jumps from body to body, travels on electrical currents, and goofiest-looking of all, he can fight in TV land.  Ultimately defeated by his son, Jonathan, Jonathan's ghostly girlfriend, and a remote control.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:03:50 AM by clockworkcanary » Logged

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »

Where to begin?

49. Pieces (1982)
The funniest slasher movie ever made, but for all the wrong reasons.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

48. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (1981)
Any horror movie starring Melissa Sue Anderson from Little House on the Prairie definitely belongs on this list.  I bought the DVD a few months ago and it was just as bad as when I saw it during its theatrical run.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:43:20 PM »

47. JAWS: THE REVENGE (1987)
A psychic shark that roars seeks REVENGE against the family of the man who killed it. Good primer on the migratory habits of conchs.

I saw this at the theater during its initial run with the original 'shark speared by the boat' and 'dead Mario Van Peebles' ending.
I can feel your envy through my computer screen.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 04:49:31 PM »

46.the AMITYVILLE HORROR:the EVIL ECSCAPES,Part IV (1989) The evil is....a possessed lamp. Yes a LAMP. Some shmucks by it at a yard sale...and seems it used to be in the old haunted house. Pretty f#cking lame. And boring.Bad...and not in a good way;as in- picking a scab is more interesting -way. Thumbdown
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:51:55 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »

45) A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge.  One of the worst sequels ever made and it also makes a huge error on contradicting the rules established by the original film. (a couple years  before Highlander 2 would do it a few years later.)

44) A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child  The 5th elm street film commits one of the worst sins that a movie can make: It's boring as hell.   

43) Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan.  Should have been titled Jason Takes the Love Boat.  I saw this in the theater and I still to this date develop nervous ticks whenever someone brings up this cinematic abortion.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »

42) ANGEL HEART (1987)  It's been 20 years since I've looked at the thing, but I remember Robert DeNiro eats hard-boiled egg (allegory for tough-as-nails detective).  Mickey Rourke don't know it.  Confusion followed by jiggly ass shot.   Harry is no Angel.  Thumbdown

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Raffine

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 07:21:26 PM »

41. THE GALAXY INVADER (1985)
"An alien is hunted by a gang of drunken hillbillies" pretty much sums it up.

Baltimore's remarkable Don Dohler remakes THE ALIEN FACTOR (1978) for the second time. For his first remake see NIGHT BEAST (1982).

Seeing Dohler regulars like George Stover (who was also in a bunch of John Waters movies, most memorably smothered to death in DESPERATE LIVING when 300 lb Jean Hill sits on his face after screaming "I don't want no white man lookin' at my Tampax!"... but I digress), Ann Frith, Richard Ruxton, Greg Dohler, etc. again is sort of like attending a family reunion for your father's creepy second cousins.

For some reason footage from this film of Stover getting clobbered by the beastie showed up in the title sequence for MST3K's version of POD PEOPLE.

R.I.P. Don.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 07:33:23 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 08:02:48 PM »

40. From Beyond
Highly overrated horror flick.... It did have one thing going for it tho....

Barbara Crampton.

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 08:59:01 PM »

39.) Creepozoids (1987) - Linnea Quiqley and a bunch of other people bumble their way across a horribly awful Aliens rip off script.  This only gives way to an Its Alive rip off which adds to the wondefully awful feel of the flick. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 09:24:02 PM »

38) Return of the Living Dead Part 2.  Take everything that was awesome about the 1st movie and just toss it out the window by doing a lifeless cash-in/re-tread of the original whose only redeeming quality is the Michael Jackson zombie.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 10:42:36 PM »

37) Deadly Friend

It was overplayed so much on cable.  Teenager creates a robot and then reanimates his friend with deadly results.  How did Wes Craven keep getting to direct movies like this? 

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 10:59:28 PM »

36. Hell of the Living Dead (1980) - Bruno Mattei's inept zombie "masterpiece" involving a group of Interpol agents stuck in a zombie infested section of New Guinea. The film boasts some of the dumbest characters ever (SHOOT THE ZOMBIES IN THE DAMNED HEADS ALREADY!), music by Goblin (borrowed from Romero's "Dawn of the Dead?"), and ah hell, its just an awful movie!

35. Humongous (1982) -  A group of people end up on an island inhabited by a giant, furry, cannibalistic retard. Cool idea, but damn it this one was boring.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 11:48:03 PM »

34. The Abomination (1986)

Woman pukes up tumor, which turns out to be a monster that crawls into a boy's body and forces him to kill for it and keep it fed.  Sounds like a good premise, but the lack of editing, the switching between regular camera and camcorders, not to mention the paper mache monster, horribly mismatched audio track, and irksome acting all add up to nothing but a terrible indy flick. 

33. The Prey (1984)

A group of teens go to the woods to screw and get chopped up by a crazy burn-victim gypsy.  About 30 minutes of the film can be called "plot."  The rest can be called "filler," which involves scenes obviously taken from a nature special (a la Mattei), teens walking around and looking at the forest, and a retarded forest ranger who tells jokes to animals and does a pointless singing scene.  Thankfully, he gets killed.  It's one of those cases where the film was better off as a short.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:35:48 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »

32. My Bloody Valentine

I know alot of people who love this movie; I've even heard some people say it's the best slasher film of all time. For me it was the most boring and idiotic film in all of slasher history
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.