Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:20:19 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s  (Read 35880 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

Night Train to Terror (1985)

You know, I never did watch this one all the way through.  I can scarcely get through the beginning musical number before I feel fresh, warm blood building up in my throat.  I can only fathom what the entire movie would do to me...
I know that this is an old post, but did you know that they play the same clip 4 times before the movie ends?
It's quite surreal.
Skull
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2009, 04:23:46 PM »

While we're on the topic of threes.
Halloween:  Silver Shamrock pretty much stunk it up too

hehe... Halloween 3 is not as bad as part 2, part 4 and part 5...

Halloween part 2... (stolen from Empire Strikes Back) aka... Laurie Strode is Michael Myers sister and what happens... Loomis SHOOTS Mayers in the EYES and Mayers acts like a blindman... Oddly, didnt Laurie stick a hanger in Michael's eye in the first movie (that would of been yesterday)

Halloween part 4 Cool Loomis and Myers are not dead... And Myers isnt blind either... Mmmm, I guess the "dark side" runs strong in his blood.

Halloween part 5 We get to see Michael's emotional side...

diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2009, 12:35:46 PM »

Howling IV: The Original Nightmare. This movie was absolute PAIN. If it wasn't painful, it was boring. A true nightmare.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2009, 10:22:13 PM »

Scream (1983).  Not of the Wes Craven series, but a stupid murderous ghost story.  People hike, people talk, people get chased, people get killed, I get bored to death.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
voltron

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2009, 11:18:51 PM »

Don't you guys mean best horror films from the 80s?  TeddyR
How about Scream (1981) - just absolutely painful to sit through.
Who could forget The Last Slumber Party (1988)? Ugh...I know I've mentioned these two abominations in previous threads, but they're really fitting for this topic.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
voltron

« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2009, 11:21:43 PM »

Scream (1983).  Not of the Wes Craven series, but a stupid murderous ghost story.  People hike, people talk, people get chased, people get killed, I get bored to death.

ahhh! you beat me russell!  Wink

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
joejoeherron
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2009, 07:50:58 PM »

To put in my two cents,(worth absolutly nothing right now),Deadly Friend was a HBO premier movie that went nowhere.Amity Horror 4? Amity Horror 3 stopped me from watching any other Amity horror flick. "Pieces", that was christophers  george's last film. I've seen a lot worse and I am surprised nobody has run a sequel spree off of it. Happy Birthday to me, and Prom night,to me are the canadians trying to cash in. Terror Train, I don't what to think.I think one of the the worst video-home movies is "Trick or treat". To me, this movie is painful to watch,or even to describe.I really enjoyed Manic Cop and the first sequel. The thrid was pretty bad,but not forgotton.I may have missed something, but did anybody mention "Deathstalker".Last I checked ,there was 3 of them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 11:17:14 AM by Andrew » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2009, 05:00:29 AM »

I think one of the the worst video-home movies is "Trick or treat". To me, this movie is painful to watch,or even to describe.I really enjoyed Manic Cop and the first sequel. The thrid was pretty bad,but not forgotton.I may have missed something, but did anybody mention "Deathstalker".Last I checked ,there was 3 of them.

I LOVE Trick Or Treat, I thought it was a really cool movie and was quite surprised that it was one of only a few heavy metal related flicks of the 80s. The Sammi Curr character is great (though Marc Price was a bit annoying) and the music by Fastway was some of their best.

As for Deathstalker, there's about 4 films last time I checked.  Smile

vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 08:48:22 AM »

How about Deadly Blessing?
retrorussell

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2009, 02:42:53 AM »

ahhh! you beat me russell!  Wink
Smile

Yeah, I didn't care for Deadly Blessing either.  Saw it a lot on regular tv late at night.

More bad ones..
The Prey
Night School
Mother's Day

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2009, 02:54:55 AM »

Prom Night (1980)
BTM

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2010, 01:44:04 AM »

The Howling II.  Blech!

Yeah, it sucked, but you gotta give it props for having Sybil Danning get naked in it.  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
retrorussell

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2010, 03:14:04 AM »

Friday The 13th Part 5 was pretty damn bad.  Not as bad as Jason Goes To Hell, but that was made in the '90s.

Graduation Day was pretty rotten.

Unhinged was deadly dull.. and filmed in my hometown, too.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but how about "Don't Go In The Woods.. Alone!"

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2010, 08:39:28 AM »

No one said these two: R.O.T.O.R. and Outlaw of Gor, both on the Bottom 100 of IMDb

yeah no.
Zap Rowsdower
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »

This is a Great Thread! Being a Teenager and a Horror fan in the 80`s , I saw many of these movies in the theater!

I can add MOTEL HELL ( 1980 ) A personal favorite because my friends mom hated horror movies and we finally got her to take us to this. Naturally she never took us to anything ever again!

Also I would like to add this two because they SUCK!!!!!!!!!  and they are a perfect example of why some good movies should never have sequel's

( 1983 )

( 1986 )

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst 50 Horror Films from the '80s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.