Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:41:48 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movie that is more toture than Manos, to sit through! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: movie that is more toture than Manos, to sit through!  (Read 15347 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2007, 01:09:57 PM »

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 03:57:15 AM »

Smile Home Alone 4 was actually made in South Africa, believe it or not.

The films that I find the hardest to sit through are the thankfully few anti-South African films that have been made over the years: I know my country had a bad past and I know there are stories to tell, but I will not waste my time with such films.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jim H

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 11:02:59 PM »

Smile Home Alone 4 was actually made in South Africa, believe it or not.

The films that I find the hardest to sit through are the thankfully few anti-South African films that have been made over the years: I know my country had a bad past and I know there are stories to tell, but I will not waste my time with such films.

Are you referring to films like The Power of One?  Or films more harsh than that I'm not aware of?
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2007, 12:32:05 AM »

Loved Hard Rock Zombies (early Phil Fondacaro!). If you're looking for some really painful type stuff though, I think the worst movies I've ever seen have been Demonicus, The Devil Master, Killer Workout, Rock 'N' Roll Nightmare and the absolute worst stink burger of all time: Night Crawlers.

If you're talking "gouge out your eyes with a rusty spork" stuff, you don't get worse than Night Crawlers...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 01:15:07 AM »

If you're talking "gouge out your eyes with a rusty spork" stuff, you don't get worse than Night Crawlers...

Actually, after reading your review, this sounds like one of the Polonias' (grunt) "better" flicks, which I guess barely describes just how awful the rest of their stuff is.

It's kinda hard to imagine anybody could do worse than this, let alone suck just a little more with each attempt, but somehow, these guys make Larry Buchanan look like a genius.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 10:25:11 AM »

Actually, after reading your review, this sounds like one of the Polonias' (grunt) "better" flicks, which I guess barely describes just how awful the rest of their stuff is.

It's kinda hard to imagine anybody could do worse than this, let alone suck just a little more with each attempt, but somehow, these guys make Larry Buchanan look like a genius.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe Larry Buchanan isn't just one of those misunderstood guys that doesn't realize his stuff sucks and you kinda feel bad for him after a while. I think if he'd had a heartwarming little biopic directed by Tim Burton and was played by someone as charming as Johnny Depp, his flicks might not seem so awful after all...

Whereas I'm still with you on the Polonias brothers all the way Cerb. They're just out to lay a cranial crap on the minds of viewers everywhere... Hatred

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Raffine

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 10:42:27 AM »

has anyone else ever seen Timothy Hines' version of THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005)? He gets a slight nod for attempting to adapt H.G. Welles novel word for word. However sitting through this is like having every tooth in your head pulled by a rabid chimp armed with a pair of rusty pliers. It feels like at least two and a half hours of this three hour opus is people walking around, and the rest is filled with some of the silliest CGI effects imaginable. My favorites ones are the terrible fire effects used over and over and the screaming, thrashing mulitcolored skeletons.

Here's Wikipedia's version  of the film's convoluted history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.G._Wells%27_The_War_of_the_Worlds_%282005_film%29

...and the imdb page:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425638/

EDIT: I would strongly suggest Andrew review this one for this site, but I'd hate to get banned!  Smile
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:01:53 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
LilCerberus

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 11:48:38 AM »

As flakie as the guy is, Timbo's WOTW wasn't quite as bad as The Wizard of Mars, which is almost as bad as the works of Larry Buchanan, who looks like a genius compared to the Polonias.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Raffine

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »

As flakie as the guy is, Timbo's WOTW wasn't quite as bad as The Wizard of Mars, which is almost as bad as the works of Larry Buchanan, who looks like a genius compared to the Polonias.

I've yet to see THE WIZARD OF MARS, but it is famous to all us warped kids who were raised on Famous Monsters of Filmland... 'cause Forrest J. Ackerman was the "Technical Advisor". That was right before he "guest starred" in Al Adamson's DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN, so ol' Forry's taste wasn't always to be trusted.

I also have not seen any of the much-discussed Polanias Brothers films. Any, er, (I know I'm gonna hate myself) suggestions?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »

Obviously there are titles that are just disagreeable, like Erin Brockovich or Overboard, but I think the purpose of this thread is for movies that are universally bad.

I'll put in my vote for two movies:  Butterfly and Wheels of Terror.

Pia Zadora is a staple of bad movies.  And while slow-paced, poorly written farmhand stories and father-daughter incest in and of themselves are not necessarily enough to turn me off of a movie, add a devastatingly broken (but once heroically visionary) Orson Welles to the mix and, well, yeah... You get the mess that is Butterfly.  I am a fairly cynical film viewer, but even I had to shed a tear for his career over this one (this is even sadder than Welles doing the narration in the American dub of the Transformers movie).  :)

And then there's Wheels of Terror.  I have no problem with films that conclude with an hour-long car chase.  This film, however, concludes with an hour-long car chase in SLOW MOTION!  AH!  Haha.  It is kind of like watching Nascar after doing thirty or forty rounds of Whip-Its.  Even my gearhead friends have great difficulty in getting into this one.

++josh;
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »

You know, until I saw that I had suppressed the memory of having seen Butterfly.  But now it's been dredged up again, and I can feel the pain all over again.   TongueOut

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »

You know, until I saw that I had suppressed the memory of having seen Butterfly.  But now it's been dredged up again, and I can feel the pain all over again.   TongueOut

It is actually quite common to repress memories of traumatic experiences, like seeing Butterfly.  Many people find themselves wanting to smash beautiful Monarchs with blocks of concrete during their annual migration, but aren't sure why.  I am always glad to help people work through such disturbances so they can carry on with their lives.  :)

++josh;
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2007, 05:12:59 PM »

I like MANOS! A lot!
I DISMEMBER MAMA...no dismembring...no blood...no nothing...just a big bore. In fact,I dilike most anything by Paul Leder.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 12:39:36 AM »

I've yet to see THE WIZARD OF MARS, but it is famous to all us warped kids who were raised on Famous Monsters of Filmland... 'cause Forrest J. Ackerman was the "Technical Advisor". That was right before he "guest starred" in Al Adamson's DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN, so ol' Forry's taste wasn't always to be trusted.

I also have not seen any of the much-discussed Polanias Brothers films. Any, er, (I know I'm gonna hate myself) suggestions?

Alright, but I must warn you, when you find yourself consumed by an overwhelming urge to hunt me down & forcibly perform an unnatural act upon my person with a whaling harpoon that's wrapped in barbed wire connected to a tazer, I will defend myself!

I will, however, understand what you have suffered, & I will use deadly force only as a last resort.

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Terror-Movie-Set/dp/B000AM6OWG/ref=pd_ys_iyr13/102-3248997-3312106

May God have mercy on my soul, because I know no one else will.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 03:42:37 AM »

Smile Hi JimH.

The films that I have a problem with are the following, amongst others

The Wilby Conspiracy
Cry Freedom
A Dry White Season
A World Apart
Lethal Weapon 2 (Not actually too bad)
Red Dust
The Power Of One
The Inside
Catch A Fire (Why, Phillip Noyce, why?)  Hatred

And also any number of BBC, CBS and GranadaTV doccies that highlighted SA's problems while ignoring their own.

Most of these were made by filmmakers who chose to ignore racial inequalities and injustice in their own countries and chose to focus on the supposedly unique problems in South Africa. No, there are much better stories to tell about South Africa.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  movie that is more toture than Manos, to sit through! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.