Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:15:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flaws of a classic film « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Flaws of a classic film  (Read 12717 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 04:19:39 PM »

What did you think of Planet Terror when Cherry Darling is causing all sortsa hell with her asault rifle leg yet is never seen pulling the trigger? TELEPATHY? Or is that to far from DA RULES to be possible?

An attractive woman hiking her leg up does not have me wondering about the mechanics of the trigger. TongueOut
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 04:45:53 PM »

Wyre, Wyre,  ho hum............

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »

::backs up an Earthmover dumptruck filled with individually wrapped twinkies, ho-ho, devil dogs and dum-dums to an olympic sized swimming pool and dumps it all in.  The hops out and calls out to everyone::

Okay guys, for all who replied to my posts (good and bad) knock yourselves out.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 11:45:19 AM »

You know Mr. WyreWizard, if I were you I'd just stop watching "B" type movies entirely. Since I'm not you I think I'll just ignore you from this point on.

Nobody's stopping you

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 11:51:10 AM »

Oh by the way...when machines are made,and every flaw is elimanated, think of the CHALLENGER space shuttle...

While it is true that Challenger wasn't designed as a BOMB.  It simply failed because of a lack of proper maintenance.  You see, shuttles like challenger were designed to take off using explosive forces.  These forces have enough magnitude to knock down an entire city block.  Now challenger had been in use for over six years.  But the equipment had reached its failure point and as a result, we got those nice little fireworks that one spring afternoon in 1986.
But the machine in the Fly was not old like challenger.  It was just built.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »

W.W., Id like to know what movies you DO enjoy.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:56 PM »

Machines doing more than what they are designed to do: I can understand this was a simple malfuction in the device itself.  But the device should have had a safety protocol to prevent this from happening.

Maybe you missed the part where it was explained that the teleportation machines were experimental. Anything in the testing phases is going to have some bugs to work out (pun intended!) and have some unforseen setbacks and side-effects.
Menard
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2007, 10:05:41 PM »

While it is true that Challenger wasn't designed as a BOMB.  It simply failed because of a lack of proper maintenance.  You see, shuttles like challenger were designed to take off using explosive forces.  These forces have enough magnitude to knock down an entire city block.  Now challenger had been in use for over six years.  But the equipment had reached its failure point and as a result, we got those nice little fireworks that one spring afternoon in 1986.

And yet, wrong again.

The flaw which brought Challenger down were newly manufactured o-rings which cracked due to the cold temperatures that morning.

I sure hope you aren't pathetic enough to consider the death of the crew aboard the Challenger was nothing more than 'nice little fireworks.

You actually started contributing to a conversation, short it may have been, today. Let's bring your personality up to speed as well.
Torgo

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »

Now challenger had been in use for over six years.  But the equipment had reached its failure point and as a result, we got those nice little fireworks that one spring afternoon in 1986.

That is so not cool...................

One of my 5th grade teachers was actually one of the teachers on the list to get on that flight and she passed out when she saw the footage back in the day.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 11:00:50 PM »

I hadda boo ww....the Challenger  tradgedy is NOT funny.   Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 07:47:34 AM »

What did you think of Planet Terror when Cherry Darling is causing all sortsa hell with her asault rifle leg yet is never seen pulling the trigger? TELEPATHY? Or is that to far from DA RULES to be possible?

I assumed the gun was redesigned to detect impulses in the remaining muscles in her leg.  TeddyR  She can cause the gun to fire by telling her leg to wiggle her (phantom) toes.  You know, 'cause sophisticated mechanical engineering inside a prison is much more plausible than guns that fire via telepathy.

++josh;
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 07:59:26 AM »

Oh by the way...when machines are made,and every flaw is elimanated, think of the CHALLENGER space shuttle...

Booed here also......I'm guessing you're a troll, if one uses the definition of trolling as someone who seeks to create discord for their own amusement, and in every thread here, I usually skip right over your remarks to get to the real posts.  That was especially heinous though. 

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:26 AM »

An attractive woman hiking her leg up does not have me wondering about the mechanics of the trigger. TongueOut

Oh, sorry. I didnt realize that there were some of us who are sexualy atracted to firearms, (or should I say, firelegs?)

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
daveblackeye15

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 02:08:53 PM »

Oh, sorry. I didnt realize that there were some of us who are sexualy atracted to firearms, (or should I say, firelegs?)

I don't know that last word tickled me. Heh heh!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 08:19:44 PM »

I saw Robert Rodriguez on a talk show when Grindhouse was released, he "claimed" the explanation for how she fired the gun was in one of the missing reels.

I back up the Kooshmeister, both teleport devices were experimental, I doubt either would meet OSHA regulations or have much in the realm of safety protocols. And didn't the plots of both films involve human error. Neither scientist planned on what would happen if something else got into the teleport pod; in the second film this even happened after Seth Brundell tried to teach the teleporter what living matter was.

And from his earlier threads, WW has no suspension of disbelief for mainstream movies either. If he's legit, he seems to enjoy hating films for failing to rise to his standard.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Flaws of a classic film « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.