Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:49:08 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Gates of Hell Part 2- Dead Awakening « previous next »
Poll
Question: Have you ever heard of or seen this movie?
Yes - 1 (25%)
No - 3 (75%)
Maybe - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Gates of Hell Part 2- Dead Awakening  (Read 2682 times)
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 28, 2007, 09:28:47 PM »

The Gates of Hell Part 2-Dead Awakening (A.K.A. Through the Fire)
Starring-Tamara Hext
Tom Campitelli
Randy Strickland
This DVD is only availible on the Zombie Fest DVD that is out of print but is still availible new from amazon.

The Zombie Fest contains Night of the Zombies (Hell of the Living Dead but this is an abyssmal print), Revenge of the Dead (Heavily cut version of the classic Zeder), and The Gates of Hell Part 2.

UUUUUHHHHHH. Where to begin. On the back of the box it says "Dediacted to the memory of Lucio Fulci". That is crap. This film is a supposed sequel to Fulci's City of the Living Dead (A.K.A. The Gates of Hell). This movie has no zombies whatsoever, just a purple man-demon thingie.
       At the beginning of this movie (cant be called a film because it isnt) you see a woman in a car talking about how weird her life has been so far. From there, she proceeds to go into a bar and get drunk (note its daytime). Right after, you see two men hiking (daytime!) that find a body and are killed by an unseen figure. Right after that, the drunk woman is pulled over by a cop who brings her to his place. Not the station, not her house, his apartment. So she tells him how her sister is missing and she wants to hire him off-work to find her. He declines but accepts later. This is where the plot gets  lost in translation.
      From there, you occasionaly see a group named "Darkness of Death" (dumbass name) that chats in a dark room about how they unleashed the demon for their purposes! (oooooh, scary).
The cop and woman soon find out the sister had something to do with the demon-people! So they go to a person who knows mythology and find out from a trinket they found that the demon is one Moses encountered in the Desert. So the "Darkness of Death" talks on and the cop asks questions until
two "renegades" offer help to fight the demon. So the renegades get an uzi and the cop gets his revolver and hand grenades. So, the four of them go to a random abandoned building and fight. The "Renegades are killed off quickly as are the Darkness of Death Members. So the cop and woman walk around the suprisinglt foggy buidling until the cop get shot. So the woman puts a grenade in a random can on a table with some string on the pin. So the demon pulls the cord and gets blown up. She jumps out of a 20 story window  and latches on. She climbes out of the window below to find......the cop!  She then points her shotgun at him and demands him to say the lords prayes which he convieniently forgot. (He shows his bullet-proof vest). So thats the nd. WOOOOH-HOOOOO. The crap ends!
The only reason I can suggest getting this movie is if you loove horror movies (like me) or just like to torure yourself. I am relatively glad I have this because its only on DVD here and is OOP. Simply Put: DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU LIKE GOOD OR BAD MOVIES! This movie sucks! No nudity, no gore, no story, bad acting! Nothing to look for.

Cruelty-None
Grossness-** (all the actors faces)
Overall Disturbing Content-* (people getting killed)
Nudity- Like I told you not even a nipple
Film Quality-**
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »

Wow, that flick sounds positively awful.  I almost bought it after watching City of the Living Dead for the first time.  It was the first Fulci film I ever saw, and I was not only amazed by what I saw but actually scared. 
Menard
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »

I gave you a karma point for recognizing that Creature Feature's release of Revenge of the Dead (Properly: Zeder) is a slaughtered version. Unfortunately, I have read too many reviews (let me correct myself), I have suffered through poorly spelled rants from morons who have based their diatribes on the slaughtered version. BTW, the Lightning Video release of Revenge of the Dead on VHS is uncut and is the only affordable alternative to the region 2 DVD, which I have and love.

Just a small critique of your review:

You will want to separate your paragraphs a little more distinctly; just put a space between them. This will make it easier to read on the forum.

The last paragraph could have been broken up, especially the summary. Again, just to make it easier to read.

Although I don't care for spoilers, a lot of people don't seem to mind, so that is just a personal choice.

You organized your review well: introduce the subject; expand upon the subject; summarize your opinions about the subject.

I like the ratings you use; it reminds me of the way DarkSide magazine would rate films, particularly zombie and splatter films.

If someone has not already welcomed you to the forum........

......oh well......too bad. TongueOut

TeddyR
Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 01:52:22 PM »

Thanks for the comments. The typing is a little off because I am not used to typing on this forum. Its different from the other ones I frequent. And also, Im not the best writer.  I want to get the region2 DVD of Zeder because Ive heard the Eurohorror version is bad too.
Menard
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »

Thanks for the comments. The typing is a little off because I am not used to typing on this forum. Its different from the other ones I frequent. And also, Im not the best writer.  I want to get the region2 DVD of Zeder because Ive heard the Eurohorror version is bad too.

I don't have the Eurohorror version either, but I have read that the quality of the print leaves a lot to be desired. The Lightning Video VHS, even though it is VHS, is the best quality outside of the region 2 DVD which I have seen.

I was lucky to have seen it at the Drive-in when it was released to the states. I did not catch the title of it at the time, but many scenes from it always stuck in my head. When I found out what it was called, at least in the states, I got the Creature Features video of it; then I proceeded to look for a good copy. TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Gates of Hell Part 2- Dead Awakening « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.