Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:16:15 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537514 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2007, 11:08:46 PM »

I've been downloadin' lots o' stuff thanks to the magic of torrents, but here's what I've bought in recent weeks:

Sadly enough, I've got a desktop whose sole purpose if downloading torrents, then transfering the files onto an external hard drive that's completely dedicated to holding onto these files until I have the time to burn them to DVDs on my laptop... there's literally 120 movies on it right now and I'm dreading the day it finally fills up, because I'll have to buy another one... stupid evil obsessive compulsive movie collecting disorder....

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »

I haven't bought much lately as Netflix recently added me as a beta-tester of their "watch now" program.  It allows users to watch movies instantly from netflix, streaming over the internet.  I just hook up the computer to my TV via S-Video and it's as good as a DVD for me.....minus the extra features.

Otherwise, I picked up that Phantasm sphere set which has yet to arrive.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
StackAttack
Dedicated Viewer

I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »

i bought the two new Phantasm dvds last week. Skaboi do you mean theres a whole set of the movies i could have bought instead?!
Pilgermann

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »

I was at Best Buy and on an impulse (and due to Andrew's review of Day of the Animals) I got this:

It was a total steal for $14.99 (although it's even cheaper on some online sites).  These are the special edition DVD's, too.  Grizzly is 2 discs, Devil Dog is 2 discs, and Day of the Animals is the special edition.  It amuses me that this box is cheaper than any of those DVD's sell for individually.  I've come to love Media Blasters and I really want to get the post apocalyptic set and the Art of the Gun set.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 11:51:58 AM »

i bought the two new Phantasm dvds last week. Skaboi do you mean theres a whole set of the movies i could have bought instead?!

Sort of.  It's a European set.  It has all of the Phantasm films and an additional DVD filled with special features.  All of the DVDs are housed inside a replica of one of the Tall Man's spheres.  The downside of the set is the price and the fact that you need an all region DVD player to play them.

I bought it because of the sphere and because it looks like we may never see Phantasm 2 on DVD here in the states.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 11:59:44 AM »

It was a total steal for $14.99 (although it's even cheaper on some online sites).  These are the special edition DVD's, too.  Grizzly is 2 discs, Devil Dog is 2 discs, and Day of the Animals is the special edition.  It amuses me that this box is cheaper than any of those DVD's sell for individually. 

Those are the SE editions in that set?  Curses, another DVD set that moves up higher on my priority list and I already have two out of the three movies...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 01:01:39 PM »

I was at Best Buy and on an impulse (and due to Andrew's review of Day of the Animals) I got this:

It was a total steal for $14.99 (although it's even cheaper on some online sites).  These are the special edition DVD's, too.  Grizzly is 2 discs, Devil Dog is 2 discs, and Day of the Animals is the special edition.  It amuses me that this box is cheaper than any of those DVD's sell for individually.  I've come to love Media Blasters and I really want to get the post apocalyptic set and the Art of the Gun set.

I had the same impulse when I saw the Zombie sequels and Cannibal movies sets from Shriek Show. I'm all over this like moonshine on a redneck zombie!

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
StackAttack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 08:16:48 PM »

oh i see. if there was enough of a reason id probably buy a european dvd player but are there any other movies that i cant get in United States that would make sense to do that?
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »

oh i see. if there was enough of a reason id probably buy a european dvd player but are there any other movies that i cant get in United States that would make sense to do that?

I have no doubt that there are, but I'm at a loss to mention any at the moment.  If you don't have an all region player, you could always use your PC.  If you have a DVD drive then you can use a program like AnyDvd www.slysoft.com to make your computer look like an all region player.  It's what I used to do when importing films from Japan and such before buying an all region set top player.

Menard
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 09:26:29 PM »

You don't need to buy an expensive region free DVD player. Check out my post here: http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,113653.msg140345.html#msg140345
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2007, 09:38:50 PM »

Menard,

The Philips DVP642 is what I have actually.  I converted it over to a all region player with a small code that I found online.  It's great!

StackAttack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 07:39:12 AM »

thank you menard for pointing out that post. it seems i dont have a "hackable" dvd player at the moment but if i can find some non-USA movies im interested in enough ill be sure to look for such a model of player. unfortunately the computer im using is still running windows 1998 so i dont think its going to be good enough to support a dvd player anytime soon.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:13 PM »

Put in a pre-order on that Pan's collectors disc.  I've been dying to see it for a while.  Picked up the Brotherhood Of Death disc after reading a review of it a while back and I needed a filler to get the free shipping.  Black guys get back from Vietnam and their town has been taken over by the KKK.  Ass kicking ensues.  Sounds good to me!

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 05:34:25 PM »

Put in a pre-order on that Pan's collectors disc.  I've been dying to see it for a while.  Picked up the Brotherhood Of Death disc after reading a review of it a while back and I needed a filler to get the free shipping.  Black guys get back from Vietnam and their town has been taken over by the KKK.  Ass kicking ensues.  Sounds good to me!

I also want to see "Pan's Labyrinth" and wow, that double feature disc looks like a must see.  Ah, you guys are always bad for my Amazon wish list...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »

pans labyrinth is really good - very dark and tragic
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.