Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:02:34 AM
713344 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537680 times)
MrRed
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2007, 12:02:30 PM »

First Post!

Most recent acquisition was Andre the Butcher, starring Ron Jeremy as some sort of satanic slasher with a scab fetish.  I'm about thirty minutes in and it's as good as it sounds...

Oh, I also recently acquired the Zombie Bloodbath Trilogy on DVD from Camp, though I didn't pay for it - well, unless you consider sitting through it payment.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum MrRed.

Here are 3 films I picked up today at Big Lots for a total of $10. A little more than I like to pay, but these caught my interest.

Harry Tracy: The Last Of The Wild Bunch
Motorama
Frank Capra Classic Collection: The Matinee Idol/Frank Capra's American Dream
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:02:05 PM by Scott » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2007, 11:08:51 AM »

NetFlix really has cut down my DVD spending too. The last movies I bought where:

American Hardcore
Repo Man

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2007, 06:35:54 PM »

Return of the Blob
Hercules and The Adventures of Hercules (Lou Ferrigno) Double feature!! Thumbup
Season One of Roald Dahls "Tales of the Unexpected"
Earth vs. The Spider
Dr. Alien
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »

Return of the Blob
Hercules and The Adventures of Hercules (Lou Ferrigno) Double feature!! Thumbup
Season One of Roald Dahls "Tales of the Unexpected"
Earth vs. The Spider
Dr. Alien

I've not seen the "Tales of the Unexpected," but all of those others are good ones.  I really love the Lou Ferrigno "Hercules" flicks.  They are amazingly bad, but put forward with so much energy and in completely serious manner that you cannot help but to enjoy them.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Raffine

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »

Return of the Blob

Is that the same movie as BEWARE! THE BLOB aka SON OF THE BLOB?
It was directed by Larry Hagman and billed as "THE MOVIE J.R. SHOT!"

It has a truly odd cast, including Godfrey Cambridge (as the guy who brings The Blob back from the Artic),  Dick Van Patten, (the always beautiful) Carol Lyndley, Burgess Meredith, Cindy Williams, Bud Cort, Shelley Berman, and director Hagman as a drunk. Cambridge watches the original THE BLOB on TV before he gets eaten. It's supposed to be a comedy!

It's the only movie I've ever seen that features the infamous deadly '70s toy called "Clackers". My brother once threw a set of these at my head and they stuck in the wall.   Thumbup

I've got that "Tales of the Unexpected" set, too. 'Royal Jelly' is one of the best episodes.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Yup Return and Son are the same Blob sequel....pure b movie goodness! Smile

And Tales of the Unexpected was an fantastic british suspense series sort of the british equivalent to The Twilight Zone, they were based on short stories and ideas from Roald Dahl the fine fellow who  was responsible for the tale of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and other quirky childrens stories, but he also did adult stories that were suspenseful and macabre.

And yes in the first season Royal Jelly was very good! i also enjoyed Neck with Joan Collins and A Lamb to Slaughter.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2007, 01:29:37 AM »

I've not seen the "Tales of the Unexpected," but all of those others are good ones.  I really love the Lou Ferrigno "Hercules" flicks.  They are amazingly bad, but put forward with so much energy and in completely serious manner that you cannot help but to enjoy them.

Is that the one where he yells "Father!"  and then hurls a bear into orbit?

Dang!  That and the Sinbad Susan mentioned... arrrrrgh....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 01:41:54 AM »

That's the one.  Anything that gets him angry, he chucks into orbit.  Given enough time and frustration, Hercules could have made mankind's first spaceflights very dangerous.  What is the orbital decay rate of a bear carcass?  How about a tax collector?  Jar of pickles?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2007, 05:29:56 PM »

Re:  Kroogur
Re:  Earth vs. The Spider
     Pure Badmovie heaven!  Now that's the sort of film I really enjoy -- You should be proud of your Acquisition de Fromage!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2007, 05:34:36 AM »

That's the one.  Anything that gets him angry, he chucks into orbit.  Given enough time and frustration, Hercules could have made mankind's first spaceflights very dangerous.  What is the orbital decay rate of a bear carcass?  How about a tax collector?  Jar of pickles?

LOL! There is a bar in Decatur ,theMILE POST,and I'd swear...the same jar of pickled eggs have been sitting on the counter since the 70's!Millions of years from now,when all of mankinds works are dust...the planet will be littered with jars of pickled food bar snacks!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2007, 10:34:42 PM »

I've planning on getting Pan's Labyrinth on Tuesday.

Been wating ages to see this one.

No theaters near where I live got it during it's limited theatrical run.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
MrRed
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2007, 01:33:28 PM »

Picked up three for $5 each.

Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhain, which I've already seen, but who can pass up Jenna Jameson and cannibals?  Or just Jenna Jameson...  Or just cannibals...

Far and away the best cannibal chewing on an implant scene ever.  Hell, I thought they were real...

Also got Snakeman, apparently about some sort of snake man, and Attack of the Sabretooth, apparently the sequel to Sabretooth - unfortunately though, no Vanessa Angel this time around.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2007, 08:48:57 PM »

Conan: The Complete Quest - only wanted it for the first film and the extras. All the talk on here convinced me.

Ironside: Season One Volume One - I miss when channels like TV Land used to play oldies like this (or say stuff like Longstreet) before the really popular stuff took over the rerun/nostalgia TV circuit. Got to get in my quota of formulaic and overly dramatic cop shows.

IMDB say that Return of Dr. Mabuse is one of the non-Lang Mabuse films, this one starring Lex Barker and Gert Grobe. From the plot description, I think I saw it on America One once. Not as much fun as The Invisible Dr. Mabuse or the 60s version of The Testament of Dr. Mabuse, but still worth a look. I love the moments in these when Wolfgang Preiss as Mabuse reveals himself, so pulpy and melodramatic. I need to pick all of the films someday, the serious Lang ones and the pulpy later films.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:39 PM »

Re:  Kroogur
Re:  Earth vs. The Spider
     Pure Badmovie heaven!  Now that's the sort of film I really enjoy -- You should be proud of your Acquisition de Fromage!
peter johnson/denny crane

Thanks! i been away from the video stores for a bit but i started searching again i picked up 2 yesterday.

Someone is Watching: starring Stephanie Powers and Margot Kidder, based on the description on the back i thought i was in for a badly made supernatural treat instead i get a crapfest that probably ran on Oxygen or Lifetime. It seems there is something in Stef's new home ...in the walls nope not a ghost just some wimpy dork with big psych problems.

Kill Cruise: starring Elizabeth Hurley haven't watched yet but might be good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.