Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:37:40 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537595 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2008, 04:44:43 PM »

Went to the flea market again today..! Yippie!
.50 GANGSTER CLASSICS-looks to be mostly old TV show episodes..but it does have some features on it..as inThe SAINT LOUIS BANK ROBBERY with Steve McQueen ,VENGANCE is MINE (which Iv'e seen before) with Ernest (RIP- Bluesad)  Borgnine,and the ENFORCER with Joe Pesci.-dvd
.2001-A Space ODESSEY-nuff sed!-vhs
.the ALLIGATOR PEOPLE-in Wide screen?!?!?-dvd
.the OUTER LIMITS-'the Hundred Days of the Dragon' episode. vhs
.RAGING BULL-to replace the copy that I loaned out and never got back...vhs

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
316zombie
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

i love alligator people,so will you!
on my way to walmart..NOW HUBBY!! i need to buy at least 3 sets!
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #557 on: January 27, 2008, 06:49:30 PM »

Ernest (RIP- )  Borgnine

Ernest Borgnine died?!?

Most recent purchases:
THE OOZING SKULL (Cinematic Titanic)
TEENAGE MONSTER
Alien Attack! Collection: THE BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS, CATWOMEN OF THE MOON, MISSLE TO THE MOON, THE DAY IT CAME TO EARTH
The Mr. Moto Collection volumes 1 & 2 : THINK FAST MR MOTO, MYSTERIOUS MR. MOTO, MR. MOTO TAKES A CHANCE, THANK YOU MR. MOTO, MR. MOTO'S LAST WARNING, MR. MOTO'S GAMBLE, MR. MOTO ON DANGER ISLAND, MR. MOTO TAKE A VACATION   

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #558 on: January 29, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »

Ernest (RIP- )  Borgnine

Ernest Borgnine died?!?

No...I'm just an idiot..I heard somewhere...dam...I feel real foolish. In fact I'm gonna slap myself in the face right now-...argh! OW!

Jeez...I'm a real wuss -that kinda hurt!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #559 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:13 PM »

Mad Max, special edition.  Never realized this movie was dubbed because the studios didn't think American audiences could understand the Aussie accents.  I'm looking forward to hearing the original version on this DVD.

EDIT:  Well, I watched the undubbed,  Aussie version.  It was okay.  I like the American version better though.  The way the dubbing is done gives the film a sort of other-worldly quality, which adds to the atmosphere.  Most of the memorable quotes aren't nearly so memorable in the Aussie version because they're spoken in a very natural manner and don't stand out as much.  Also, in the big scene towards the end where Max is chasing down the leader of the motorcycle gang, the Aussie version has the car's siren blaring, and the sound of the supercharger is much more subtle.  The dubbed version has no siren and the supercharger is featured prominently, with the car sounding like a fighter jet doing mach 5 or so. 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:31:20 PM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann

« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2008, 02:30:07 AM »

I was watching parts of Django the other day and it put me in the mood to seek out more spaghetti westerns.  I got the Once Upon a Time in Italy set from eBay yesterday. 

It has the following films:

A Bullet for the General
Companeros
Four of the Apocalypse
Keoma
Texas Adios

I haven't seen any of them but I'm excited about watching them.  I'm currently bidding on that recent Sergio Leone set (it's 50% off at Deep Discount, by the way, but I'm gonna try to get it slightly cheaper if I can).

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2008, 04:23:39 AM »

Picked up Gremlins and Saw 4.  Also stopped by Movie Gallery for their buy 2, get 2 sale and got Bug, Smokin' Aces, Hostel Part 2, and Superbad.  Not long after that, a friend gave me Rozen Maiden vol. 2.  Sigh... I don't have the first volume yet.
DeepBlueNothing
Dedicated Viewer

Ducks say moo!

« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2008, 05:57:05 AM »

I just purchased The Relic at a resale shop this past weekend. I was going to get a VHS copy of We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story also just to do a review here, but someone already bought it. I have never actually seen The Relic, so I hope it isn't just hyped up.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »

I was going to get a VHS copy of We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story also just to do a review here, but someone already bought it.

I have a cousin who used to watch it every time he came to our house.  I might have to watch it now thanks to you.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pilgermann

« Reply #564 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:35 PM »

I just ordered the Sergio Leone Anthology from Deep Discount for $31.49!  It's part of their Fox/MGM sale, and a lot of titles (mostly box sets) are 50% off but this was 65% for whatever reason.  Woohoo!  Along with this and that Anchor Bay box set I'm going to be in spaghetti western heaven!

Raffine

« Reply #565 on: February 01, 2008, 12:02:35 PM »

Ernest (RIP- )  Borgnine

Ernest Borgnine died?!?

No...I'm just an idiot..I heard somewhere...dam...I feel real foolish. In fact I'm gonna slap myself in the face right now-...argh! OW!

Jeez...I'm a real wuss -that kinda hurt!

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's now like Borgnine ha risen from the grave!

Borgnine must be pushing 100 so any reports of his death would be very believable. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Mickey Rooney on some show the other day still spry and looking pretty much like he has for the last thirty years.

Latest Purchase:
THE BAT WHISPERS (1930) This release restores the original wide screen version, made many years before Cinerama and Panavision were around. I think this was about the only wide screen movie made before the mid-fifties. They called the process MAGNAVISION. It's got some pretty wild camera work, particularly for an early sound film. The camera swoops down the side of a building, races through a mansion, moves from the street through a window to a closeup of a letter, etc.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #566 on: February 01, 2008, 03:45:15 PM »

Woo-hoo, I got me Army of Darkness, the theatrical version. Now I have both it and the director's cut.  TeddyR
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #567 on: February 01, 2008, 05:14:28 PM »

Dragon Wars
How difficult is it to keep track of a thousand-foot long snake?

Sci-Fi Collector Set
"Space Mutiny" and "Future Zone" in one set.  Woohoo!  I haven't watch any of the six movies yet, so I cannot comment on the quality.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pilgermann

« Reply #568 on: February 01, 2008, 09:13:43 PM »

Latest Purchase:
THE BAT WHISPERS (1930) This release restores the original wide screen version, made many years before Cinerama and Panavision were around. I think this was about the only wide screen movie made before the mid-fifties. They called the process MAGNAVISION. It's got some pretty wild camera work, particularly for an early sound film. The camera swoops down the side of a building, races through a mansion, moves from the street through a window to a closeup of a letter, etc.

I've never heard of that, but it sounds very cool.  I've since looked it up and I'm gonna have to track down a copy for myself!

KillerToyFan
New Visitor

« Reply #569 on: February 01, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »

I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
King Kong vs. Godzilla
Planet Terror

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.