Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:59:57 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537511 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #585 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »

I just up and got

BAD TASTE

DOLEMITE

and CHILDREN SHOULN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS.

and the first season of VENTURE BROS., but thats obviously not a b-movie.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #586 on: February 15, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »

Impulse buy.

Fargo/Raising Arizona/Miller's Crossing/Blood Simple/Barton Fink

Bare-bonesed editions.  Looks like only 1 of the 5 even has a commentary track.  But somehow I never saw BLOOD SIMPLE and I'll enjoy watching the others again. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #587 on: February 15, 2008, 05:01:20 PM »

got some goodies today:

GODZILLA'S REVENGE - awesomely goofy.

NAKED SPACE - another Nielsen sorta-spoof.

LAST ACTION HERO - the WIDESCREEN version, amazingly hard to find.

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (SPECIAL EDITION) - all the bells and whistles and sharp objects...joy!

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Coffin Joe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #588 on: February 17, 2008, 06:56:07 AM »

Just ordered Starcrash
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/starcrash/

And Mondos Bollywood Horror Collection 1
http://www.mondomacabrodvd.com/mod128pp.html

A question if someone knows please...

I ordered the '07 Starcrash and Amazon says it's 1.33:1. Hopefully that means it's widescreen but not anamorphic. Or will it be pan and scan? God that will p**s me of if it is. (Oh well, it was only 5 bucks.)

I can smell ants.
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2008, 07:31:28 AM »

I ordered the '07 Starcrash and Amazon says it's 1.33:1. Hopefully that means it's widescreen but not anamorphic. Or will it be pan and scan? God that will p**s me of if it is. (Oh well, it was only 5 bucks.)

Unfortunately, that is fullscreen (aka: pan-and-scan).

This page here explains the rations in detail, just for future reference.  Hope it helps.

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
GrandMaster
Dedicated Viewer

"I was born a baby"

« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2008, 03:23:40 PM »

Fritz the Cat
Nekromantic 2
Fur Your Height Only
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #591 on: February 17, 2008, 04:50:38 PM »

felt a little animated today so got Ultimate Avengers and Invincible IronMan (animated movies) at Best Buy for 3.99 each.
Coffin Joe
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »

This page here explains the rations in detail, just for future reference.  Hope it helps.

I know all that but thanks. :)

This is what I mean. If it's widescreen but not anamorphic it's essentially a 4:3(1.33:1) video because the black bars are part of the signal. Anamorphic, the signal is squished(or every other line taken out, depending on your player and TV) and the black bars are basically a 'void', not part of the video.

All the caps from the movie on this site are not 1.33:1.(but i don't think they got them from the '07 release) The Amazon link from here is to the older one which also states its 1.33:1.

Hope that's more clear. I think it can only be answered by someone that has that version of the movie.

And just to make my post topical:

Got the 42nd Street Forever Vol. 1 & 2 trailer disks. So good. I need the other 2.

I can smell ants.
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #593 on: February 17, 2008, 08:59:26 PM »

Becoming Jane (2007)
Once (2006)
The Last Days of Frank and Jesse James (1986)
The Canterville Ghost (1997)

Once was all right, but I regret buying it. I really should have just rented it.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #594 on: February 18, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »

These aren't strictly recent movie purchases, but close enough.

On Saturday I'll be picking up the Angel box set (David Boreanaz).  Next week, I'll be picking up Star Trek Voyager Entire Season Collection Boxed Set.  The box is awesome, it looks like a Borg cube.  But it's only cardboard, it would have been better if they made it plastic.  I would have paid more for it.

The boxes are numbered.  There's only 5000 for sale here. I'm not sure which one they gave me, I just put in layby and left the store.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Pilgermann

« Reply #595 on: February 18, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »

Just ordered the Val Lewton Collection (CAT PEOPLE, THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, THE BODY SNATCHER, ISLE OF THE DEAD, BEDLAM, THE LEOPARD MAN, THE GHOST SHIP, and THE SEVENTH VICTIM) It's the set that comes with the recently released documentary that Scorsese produced.  I've been dying to see these films, especially Cat People.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #596 on: February 19, 2008, 07:19:41 AM »

I know all that but thanks. :)

This is what I mean. If it's widescreen but not anamorphic it's essentially a 4:3(1.33:1) video because the black bars are part of the signal. Anamorphic, the signal is squished(or every other line taken out, depending on your player and TV) and the black bars are basically a 'void', not part of the video.

All the caps from the movie on this site are not 1.33:1.(but i don't think they got them from the '07 release) The Amazon link from here is to the older one which also states its 1.33:1.

Hope that's more clear. I think it can only be answered by someone that has that version of the movie.

The version I link to in the review is the same DVD I own (and used for the review - including those caps).  It's the best version of the film that I have found, though I have not seen the latest DVD release and have not sprung for the Region 2 special edition.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
threnody
Bad Movie Lover

Meow

« Reply #597 on: February 19, 2008, 04:51:12 PM »

Just ordered the Val Lewton Collection (CAT PEOPLE, THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, THE BODY SNATCHER, ISLE OF THE DEAD, BEDLAM, THE LEOPARD MAN, THE GHOST SHIP, and THE SEVENTH VICTIM) It's the set that comes with the recently released documentary that Scorsese produced.  I've been dying to see these films, especially Cat People.

Excellent purchase! I've been meaning to order that too.

They played them all on TCM recently. I love those films.

"To be bitter is to attribute intent and personality to the formless, infinite, unchanging and unchangeable void. We drift on a chartless, resistless sea. Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest..."
-H.P. Lovecraft
Pilgermann

« Reply #598 on: February 21, 2008, 03:38:24 PM »

The Descent was only $3.99 at Best Buy.  I'd heard good things so my wife and I figured we might as well buy it since it would cost about that much to rent it.  I must say that it was pretty good, but all of the fear and tension was lost by the last 20 minutes or so.  And we got Dumbo as well.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #599 on: February 22, 2008, 10:39:44 AM »

Full Moon's latest concoction.  Er, I mean, creation.  Trailer looks good, lots of girls in tight tank tops and one girl has a miniature Terminator skull living in her forehead.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.