Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:58:28 AM
713403 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1538141 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #1125 on: April 09, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

Evolution: It stars that guy from the X-Files and it was made by the makers of Ghostbusters.  I remember hearing about this film a while back, but it sort of fell into the back of my mind since then.  Now, I guess I get to see if it is good or not.  Seems like it should be good, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Don't.  You'll just past out and wake up to find the damned movie is still playing.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #1126 on: April 12, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »

The second one was an impulse buy, I figure Peter Weller, Bridget Moynahan and a pride of hungry lions is worth $7.50. 

MilkManPictures
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1127 on: April 13, 2009, 11:02:14 AM »

Escape from LA... because it was $6 and I hadn't seen it... now I have...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1128 on: April 13, 2009, 01:17:34 PM »

Sci-Fi Original that I enjoyed, it stars Tom Wopat (Luke Duke).  Found a used copy for cheap.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Hammock Rider

« Reply #1129 on: April 15, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »

The second one was an impulse buy, I figure Peter Weller, Bridget Moynahan and a pride of hungry lions is worth $7.50. 

Now that's sound economic reasoning Thumbup

I also picked up the Airport Terminal Pack for 12 bucks. It comes with Airport, Airport '75, Airport '77 and Airport'79-Concord. Throw in some chili and tequila and that's a decent weekend right there.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:44:02 PM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1130 on: April 15, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »

I also picked up the Airport Terminal Pack for 12 bucks. It comes with Airport, Airport '75, Airport '77 and Airport'79-Concord. Throw in some chili and tequila and that's a decent weekend right there.

I'm strangely drawn to that movie pack.  I don't know why, I'm not really a fan of those movies, but they're memories from childhood I guess.  I've almost bought it on a couple of occasions.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1131 on: April 16, 2009, 09:17:31 PM »

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #1132 on: April 17, 2009, 09:55:21 PM »

Since I got a new PC and am still figuring how to get back to my photo site menu, I can at least tell you about my latest acquisitions, if not show them:

The Night that Panicked America - a TV special that dramatized the radio show Orson Welles fooled America with one night when he put on "War of the Worlds".  Good stuff.

Slapstick of Another Kind - abysmal Kurt Vonnegut adaptation by Steven Paul (Who?  Exactly.)  starring Jerry Lewis, Madeline Kahn playing the parents of mutated alien children (also played by Lewis and Kahn) and a featured final role for Marty Feldman.  But don't be fooled - this thing stinks on ice...and I got it!

The Last Movie - yes, the directorial masterpiece of Dennis Hopper's that he did right after Easy Rider about a movie stuntman (Hopper) in Peru where the villagers act out their own movie with deadly results.  Not as coherent as it sounds, and certainly shows the effects of rampant drug use on common sense AND film-making in general.

The Frozen Dead - Dana Andrews as a Nazi scientist working on thawing out the Master Race to take over the world...and preserving a woman's severed head along the way - for science!

Ivan the Terrible, Part I and Part II - Sergei Eisenstein's classic movies about the ruler of Russia and his dramatic rise to power.  There was supposed to be a Part III but after seeing Part II's bloodier parts of Ivan's rule, the powers-that-be passed.  Oh well....

Legend: Ultimate Edition - a 2-disc triumph with all kinda neat stuff regarding Ridley Scott's masterpiece.  Mandatory for film-lovers.  And Tim Curry fans, too.

Highlander II - yes I got another version of the same film, but this 2-disc set has all the behind the scenes stuff I crave for films like this, especially the lousy ones.

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Javakoala
« Reply #1133 on: April 17, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »

The Frozen Dead - Dana Andrews as a Nazi scientist working on thawing out the Master Race to take over the world...and preserving a woman's severed head along the way - for science!

Ooh, where did you find this?  I saw it ages ago.  I love the crappy blue and purple makeup smeared on the "frozen" arms.

Highlander II - yes I got another version of the same film, but this 2-disc set has all the behind the scenes stuff I crave for films like this, especially the lousy ones.

"lousy" is an understatement in this instance, but then I never much liked the whole series. I'll grant the first one was at least entertaining.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1134 on: April 18, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »

THE LORD OF THE RINGS : the fellowship of the ring
THE LORD OF THE RINGS : the two towers
The TIN MAN miniseries

i got all of these for about $16
Raffine

« Reply #1135 on: April 18, 2009, 06:31:38 PM »

Slapstick of Another Kind - abysmal Kurt Vonnegut adaptation by Steven Paul (Who?  Exactly.)  starring Jerry Lewis, Madeline Kahn playing the parents of mutated alien children (also played by Lewis and Kahn) and a featured final role for Marty Feldman.  But don't be fooled - this thing stinks on ice...and I got it!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #1136 on: April 19, 2009, 04:12:09 PM »

The Day The Earth Stood Still (2009)  Thumbdown
and
The Reader  Thumbdown

In other words, I haven't seen a good movie in a while.   Bluesad

TheDope

« Reply #1137 on: April 19, 2009, 04:55:41 PM »

Ooh, where did you find this?  I saw it ages ago.  I love the crappy blue and purple makeup smeared on the "frozen" arms.

Got this from an online pal o'mine who had 1 copy of it left.  Yay, me!

Oh, and thanks for the flower, Raffine, but you may need a whole bouquet for my next posting when I reveal my latest acquisitions.

MWHA-HA-HA-HAAAAA!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:52:16 PM by TheGreatWhiteDope » Logged

Raffine

« Reply #1138 on: April 19, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
TheDope

« Reply #1139 on: April 19, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »

As promised, my latest trophies:

Bad Magic - the legendarily bad Polonia Bros. "movie" about voodoo, gangs and revenge.  Nowhere near as good as any movie concerning all three elements could have been.  Of course, it's even worse than Zombie Nightmare, so caveat emptor.

The Yesterday Machine - horrible time travel nonsense set in Texas about a kidnapped baton twirler, confusing experiments, super-spectronic relativity and Jack Herman as a mad Nazi scientist who has some of the best acting in the whole thing...comparatively.

Which Way to the Front? - Jerry Lewis' last film of the '70s (if only The Day The Clown Cried had been released.  Sigh....) about a 4F millionaire who recruits other 4Fs into a WW2 covert team to destroy the Third Reich from within and, time allowing, assassinate Hitler.  It's all funny in a crassly stereotypical third-grade overacting kind of way, but not as bad as its been made out to be.  But still, there must be a reason it's not in any of his boxsets for sale.   Hmm....

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.