Main Menu

Recent Movie Purchases

Started by Andrew, April 29, 2007, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe the Destroyer

Picked up My Bloody Valentine (1981) and a cheap Benji 4 movie pack. 

Rev. Powell

Gave in and purchased 10.2, realizing I'm never going to pony up the extra bucks for the discontinued version with GODZILLA V. MEGALON.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

AyalaJD2730

I was trying to get The Haunting in Connecticut but everyone rented it out. Im gonna go to Connecticut this weekend to check out the place for myself. If anyone needs to know how to get there i can help you find it...

Newt

Hubby brought home "The Witching" with Orson Welles as a yard sale treasure today.  I anticipate pain...
"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch

Ash

Quote from: Joe the Destroyer on July 09, 2009, 10:39:08 PM
Picked up My Bloody Valentine (1981)

I just picked that up recently, too.  Wal-Mart had it in the $5 bin.
It also has April Fool's Day on the same disc.

I've never seen either film.  Not sure how I grew up in the 80's and never managed to see them, but I did.  They just slipped through the cracks.

I also picked up Michael Bay's The Island for $3 in the same bin.
I'm not a huge Bay fan, but I do like that movie.

JJ80

"Hardware" and "Zoltan: Hound Of Dracula"
There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack

Javakoala

Quote from: Newt on July 12, 2009, 04:38:36 PM
Hubby brought home "The Witching" with Orson Welles as a yard sale treasure today.  I anticipate pain...

It isn't a bad movie, and Pamela Franklin is beautiful as ever, but the film got butchered and re-released as "The Witching".  The original title was "Necromancy", which is the theme of the film. I saw it under that title years ago on TV, but they lopped all the nudity out which means there was a lot that didn't make sense.

It isn't as painful as others, but you do see that there was a good idea and there are some decent performances in there, but something was botched somewhere along the line.

indianasmith

I finally got my own copy of THE CALL OF CTHULHU and watched it.  Great movie!!
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

Joe the Destroyer

Ordered Simpsons Season 7 and Dario Argento's Door Into Darkness.

Jack

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho

InformationGeek

Quote from: Rev. Powell on July 10, 2009, 10:34:42 AM

Gave in and purchased 10.2, realizing I'm never going to pony up the extra bucks for the discontinued version with GODZILLA V. MEGALON.

Very true.  Playing over 150 to 200 dollars for the original verison is a bit obessive and shouldn't be attempted unless you have way too much money on your hands.

As for me, still no movie (Most of my money goes into books), but I still bought this:

Got it for 47 bucks, which is much better than the original price, which was $100.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.

Raffine

I recently discovered the Michael Shayne series starring Lloyn Nolan:

Shayne is a wise acre Irish-American private dick created by Brett Halliday who was featured in a series of novels and adapted by 20th Century Fox for a series of films starring Nolan. Like several other series Shayne eventually wound up at poverty row PRC and was played by Ward Cleaver himself, Hugh Beamont.
If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.

metalmonster

Doggett

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.

Pilgermann

The Little Prince
Martin the Cobbler
The Searchers
2001: A Space Odyssey