Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:00:23 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537587 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #1500 on: February 09, 2010, 09:38:20 PM »

MY DAD ORDERED 50 VHS movies for $20! so far, i know:
The Creature from the Haunted Sea, The Star Wars Holiday Special (not joking!), the brain from planet arous, a lot of Corman movies, and the giant claw.
ps, my dad has a friend who owns all of these, that's where he got it from!

Lucky.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1501 on: February 09, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »

MY DAD ORDERED 50 VHS movies for $20! so far, i know:
The Creature from the Haunted Sea, The Star Wars Holiday Special (not joking!), the brain from planet arous, a lot of Corman movies, and the giant claw.
ps, my dad has a friend who owns all of these, that's where he got it from!

Lucky.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

yeah no.
Tom
« Reply #1502 on: February 10, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

I recently purchased the most horrible film I've ever seen in my life, and I have subsequently watched it about five times since. 

Has anybody ever heard of "Geek Maggot Bingo: Or, the Freak from Suckweasel Mountain"?  Directed by the infamous Nick Zedd, I have never - EVER - seen something this amazingly... weird.  The best way to describe it is "Weasels Rip My Flesh" meets "Forbidden Zone".

An unbelievable experience!
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1503 on: February 14, 2010, 06:38:34 AM »

Nothing major.  $5 at Wal-Mart.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1504 on: February 14, 2010, 07:35:38 AM »

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1505 on: February 14, 2010, 09:50:08 AM »

Tried recording this off SyFy last night but I screwed it up.  I figured what the heck, it's only 5 bucks, so I ordered it.  I've seen part of it before, it's pretty stupid and low budget, but moderately entertaining.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1506 on: February 16, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »

Saw part of this on TV last night and it was pretty good, so I ordered it.  It was about $14 though - big money  Bluesad

- Paulo Coelho
streettrash
New Visitor

« Reply #1507 on: February 16, 2010, 05:31:53 PM »

Just bought:
Future-shock-(If it weren't for Bill Paxton, this would have been a waste of three dollars)
My Mom's a werewolf (Un-watchable)
Twisted (very cool to see Christian Slater throw a cat in the fireplace)
The smurfs and the golden flute-(UGH-so bad)
and
Munchies (worst puppets I've ever seen next to Hobgoblins)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1508 on: February 16, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »

Munchies (worst puppets I've ever seen next to Hobgoblins)

Have you've seen the Giant Claw, it is HORRIBLE AND FUNNY! TeddyR

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1509 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:17 AM »

I recently picked up three movies.

One Missed Call, which turned out to be a fairly good movie that I had been avoidin for years because of the stupid boxart. 

It Waits, a fairly decent monster movie that suffers from some mood whiplash as they keep focusing on how a woman accidentally killed her friend in a carcrash without ever making that point really important to the movie itself. I keep expected the monster to be the embodyment of her guilt or that she was really the one that died or some other twist ending like that, but no.  It wasn't that interesting. 

The Being.  A cheesy lowbudget monster movie that never tries to be more than it is.  It actually even has a quote from Badmovies.org on the back of the box.  "A rare find.  Grab some friends to watch this."  Which technically they did say in the review. 

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1510 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »

more of the 50 vhs-Pocket Ninjas, Mad Max 1, 2, 3, and the thing with two heads

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1511 on: February 18, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »

I recently purchased the most horrible film I've ever seen in my life, and I have subsequently watched it about five times since. 

Has anybody ever heard of "Geek Maggot Bingo: Or, the Freak from Suckweasel Mountain"?  Directed by the infamous Nick Zedd, I have never - EVER - seen something this amazingly... weird.  The best way to describe it is "Weasels Rip My Flesh" meets "Forbidden Zone".

An unbelievable experience!

Yes, I've heard of it.  After watching some Zedd short films I'm not really too thrilled about seeing a feature length movie from him, but I almost certainly will see this at some point. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1512 on: February 18, 2010, 01:16:55 PM »

It Waits, a fairly decent monster movie that suffers from some mood whiplash as they keep focusing on how a woman accidentally killed her friend in a carcrash without ever making that point really important to the movie itself. I keep expected the monster to be the embodyment of her guilt or that she was really the one that died or some other twist ending like that, but no.  It wasn't that interesting. 

Yeah, that movie's pretty crappy, especially all the car crash flashback rubbish.  But Cerina Vincent is sooooo hot  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1513 on: February 18, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »

That could have been a good monster movie if they had just kept focusing on the monster, but every few scenes it felt like it slipped into a Lifetime original movie. 
meQal
Some Strange Guy They Let In By Mistake
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Dude! Flush Next Time!!!

« Reply #1514 on: February 19, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »

Nothing major.  $5 at Wal-Mart.

I just picked up the same set last night at Wal-Mart out of the bargin bin.

Movie Trivia Fact : O.J. Simpson was considered for the title role in The Terminator, but producers feared he was \"too nice\" to be taken seriously as a cold-blooded killer.<br />Isn\'t hindsight great.<br />A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. - Agent Kay - Men in Black
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.