Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:52:16 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537853 times)
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1980 on: February 27, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »

I remember seeing Creepshow 2 at a drive-in theater with my mom!  I loved the Raft story.  The others.. not so much.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1981 on: February 27, 2011, 07:21:26 AM »

I remember seeing Creepshow 2 at a drive-in theater with my mom!  I loved the Raft story.  The others.. not so much.

I really liked the raft story too, and don't remember the others at all   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1982 on: February 28, 2011, 09:24:49 PM »

I really liked the raft story too, and don't remember the others at all   TeddyR

Repressed memory can be a wonderful thing.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1983 on: March 01, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »

I haven't finished all the movies in it yet. However, out of all the movies I have watched I really enjoyed Plan 9, Bride of the Monster, Glen or Glenda, and White Zombie.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
66Crush
« Reply #1984 on: March 01, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »

I wanted to get that Bela Lugosi box set, but I already have half of the movies on other DVD collections. The ones I really want are "The Black Cat" and "The Raven." Don't waste your time buying the "Karloff & Lugosi Horror Classics" set. Both the Lugosi films are crappy musical comedies (and not good ones like Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstien).
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #1985 on: March 01, 2011, 07:54:59 PM »

I wanted to get that Bela Lugosi box set, but I already have half of the movies on other DVD collections. The ones I really want are "The Black Cat" and "The Raven." Don't waste your time buying the "Karloff & Lugosi Horror Classics" set. Both the Lugosi films are crappy musical comedies (and not good ones like Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstien).

The main reason I purchased is that I wanted to buy Glen or Glenda but Barnes and Noble didn't have it in stock on it's own so I stumbled upon the set. I also read White Zombie was a horror classic, which it was.

I appreciate the heads up on the "Karloff & Lugosi Horror Classics" set.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
66Crush
« Reply #1986 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:09 PM »

I love "White Zombie" too. "Return of The Vampire" as well. They are the best of the movies he didn't do for Universal. "Voodoo Man" came out on Riff Trax last year. You can watch it with or without the funny comentary.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1987 on: March 02, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »

The BLACK CAT and the RAVEN are classic. In the BLACK CAT,Karloff steals the show as a Satanist; in the RAVEN-it's Bela's movie all the way as a sadistic collector of torture devices.
Along with DRACULA and WHITE ZOMBIE,the RAVEN is in the top 3 of My Favorite Bela Films.
4 and 5 are SON OF FRANKENSTEIN and-yes-BRIDE OF THE MONSTER.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1988 on: March 02, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »

I bought The Stick  Buggedout Buggedout (very scary South African film) and sent it to a friend in Belgium, as well as the Afrikaans DVDs Lokval In Venesie [The Venice Trap] and the first Afrikaans language Western film Voor Sononder [By Sundown].

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1989 on: March 02, 2011, 04:00:55 PM »

Grabbed the Piranha remake today from Amazon. Now my Piranha collection is complete! Now to work on my...Barracuda collection!...Wait, only one Barracuda film was made? Fish sticks!

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1990 on: March 03, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »

Finally made it to the corner store and instead of wasting money on junk food treats, I picked up a bunch of their VHS rental stock they sell for $1 each: I figure if we watch them even just once, it's worth it.

Max Headroom
Metropolis
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Dolls ("They Walk. They Talk. They Kill")
House of 1000 Corpses
Journey to the Center of Time
Bram Stoker's The Mummy
Mosquito  (Hard to resist giant bugs!)
Obivion (Cowboys and aliens!  George Takei! Julie Newmar!)
Salem's Lot
In the Mouth of Madness
The Frighteners
Waxwork
The Mangler
Daughter of Darkness

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1991 on: March 03, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »

$5.95 (with shipping) on E-bay (VHS)

Looking forward to it.  It's a kid's movie, and apparently when anyone who saw it as a child tells the plot to someone who never saw it, people accuse them of having made it up.  It was intended as a comedy but people also say it's one of the scariest children's movies ever made!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
theedinburghbteam
Dedicated Viewer

Bringing the trash home!

« Reply #1992 on: March 03, 2011, 06:17:14 PM »

I got this for £13 on ebay. Individually they were coming up at between £15 and £20 each. Bit of a bargain I think.

I also got these three for a grand total of about £16 or so.

The Edinburgh B-Team! B-Movie double bill, every Monday at the Jekyll & Hyde Pub, Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland! 7pm onwards! Free entry and free popcorn!
incomplete
New Visitor

« Reply #1993 on: March 04, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »

I have sharktopus on order from amazon - possibly going to be a waste of my time, but looks a lot better than a lot of the sci-fi movies on at the moment.

Guess a few friends and a few beers when it gets here and will see how it goes down

Cheers
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1994 on: March 04, 2011, 02:21:43 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.