Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:46:01 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 214
Author Topic: Recent Movie Purchases  (Read 1537828 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2385 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10:35 AM »

Death Spa
Killer Workout

I didn't realize those two were available on DVD, at least not region 1.  Two more items for my wishlist!   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2386 on: September 05, 2012, 10:07:24 AM »

Death Spa
Killer Workout

I didn't realize those two were available on DVD, at least not region 1.  Two more items for my wishlist!   TeddyR

I've only ever seen them on the Mom and Pop Video Shop label that I bought them on from Amazon.  They're manufactured on demand and the outer case says that they are public domain, so I'm not sure what the sources are.  I haven't watched them yet, but Deadly Prey looked like VHS rip quality.  Nothing special and no special features, but I figured that it's the only way to replace my even crappier copies...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2387 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:28 AM »

Death Spa
Killer Workout

I've only ever seen them on the Mom and Pop Video Shop label that I bought them on from Amazon.  They're manufactured on demand and the outer case says that they are public domain, so I'm not sure what the sources are.  I haven't watched them yet, but Deadly Prey looked like VHS rip quality.  Nothing special and no special features, but I figured that it's the only way to replace my even crappier copies...

Thanks for the info, I was hoping they would have nice DVD video quality, but if they're just VHS rips, well that's what I've got now.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2388 on: September 06, 2012, 10:35:48 AM »

Been waiting for this DVD release for a long time, because it is pure 80s cheese.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
WWLD
New Visitor

« Reply #2389 on: September 07, 2012, 04:02:52 AM »

Recently got Beetlejuice and The Witches in the mail.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2390 on: September 08, 2012, 12:18:39 AM »

Been waiting for this DVD release for a long time, because it is pure 80s cheese.

I'll have to add that to my list as well - had no idea it came out, thanks!

I also just picked up another copy of The Last Dragon on dvd.  I used to have it, but have no idea where it ended up...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2391 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

On Blu ray nonetheless  TeddyR

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2392 on: September 09, 2012, 12:27:09 PM »

Picked up this Horror film collection @ Shop Rite this morning... 6 movies for $6.50. Hell ya! Just in time for my annual Halloween Schlock-Tober hootenanny!

The movies (on 3 double sided DVDs) are:

"Dolls"
"Pumpkinhead"
"Scarecrows"
"Sometimes They Come Back"
"Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1978 remake)
"Raw Meat" (1973)

Seen a couple of these before but some will be new to me. As Homer Simpson might say, "Looks like gooooood watchin'. "

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pilgermann

« Reply #2393 on: September 10, 2012, 06:19:46 PM »

Picked up this Horror film collection @ Shop Rite this morning... 6 movies for $6.50. Hell ya! Just in time for my annual Halloween Schlock-Tober hootenanny!

Ooh, I want that.

I ordered:

Foxfur - Looking forward to seeing this (hoping to see my name listed as a co-producer, too).  I wholeheartedly recommend Damon Packard's film Reflections of Evil which you can buy from him for $7 which is more than reasonable even though it's just a burned copy in a paper sleeve.  His other films are for sale along with a bunch of shady rarities.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:22:43 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #2394 on: September 10, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »

Went to a pawn shop today and scored three movies for $3 apiece: The Aristocats ('cause a cat's the only cat who knows where it's at), The Tingler (been looking to buy this one for a while-couldn't pass it up at this price), and Super Mario Brothers (yes, I know it's awful. So what?). I also bought a Mill Creek set for $5. I'm pretty pleased.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2395 on: September 11, 2012, 11:09:43 AM »

I ordered:

Foxfur - Looking forward to seeing this (hoping to see my name listed as a co-producer, too).  I wholeheartedly recommend Damon Packard's film Reflections of Evil which you can buy from him for $7 which is more than reasonable even though it's just a burned copy in a paper sleeve.  His other films are for sale along with a bunch of shady rarities.

I really should find time to review that one. I wonder if Packard (or some producer) would send me a screener.  Twirling

Purchased:

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2396 on: September 11, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

"Dolls"
"Pumpkinhead"
"Scarecrows"
"Raw Meat" (1973)

Seen a couple of these before but some will be new to me. As Homer Simpson might say, "Looks like gooooood watchin'. "

That's a decent batch of films.  I'm missing some of those from my collection, so that set would be a nice addition.  How is the quality?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2397 on: September 11, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

Had to get this, based on Akiratubo's excellent recommendation:  "This movie sucks!"  BounceGiggle  Oh yeah, I need to get my head examined lol.

This is an old favorite that was brought to mind when somebody was (I think) asking about it in the "What was that film?" forum.

- Paulo Coelho
Pilgermann

« Reply #2398 on: September 11, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »

I really should find time to review that one. I wonder if Packard (or some producer) would send me a screener.  Twirling

Don't know why I didn't think to mention it to you, but I know he was sending out free copies to reviewers.  You could probably message him on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PackardFilm

And the "producer" credit I (might) get was for a $25 donation  BounceGiggle

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #2399 on: September 11, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »

"Dolls"
"Pumpkinhead"
"Scarecrows"
"Raw Meat" (1973)

That's a decent batch of films.  I'm missing some of those from my collection, so that set would be a nice addition.  How is the quality?

I haven't had time to watch any of them in full yet but I did throw on "Scarecrows" for a few minutes and that looked OK to me.

I wanted to check that one out in particular cuz I used to have "Scarecrows" on one of those cheap ass dollar store "Double Feature" DVDs from EastWestDVD and the picture quality was abysmal, this DVD (put out by MGM/Sony) is a vast improvement over that P.O.S.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 214
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Movie Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.