Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:03:56 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kid movies that aren't. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Kid movies that aren't.  (Read 14248 times)
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 30, 2007, 01:25:20 PM »

Ever see a movie touted as a kid's movie but is far from it?

I can.

Milk Money.

In this "kid's movie" that is supposedly for 5 year olds and up, a kid and his friends put their money together to see a naked woman.They pay a hooker to lift up her shirt(get it-milk money how nonchalant!  Lookingup     )

Anyhoo The hooker flashes them and then ends up going to the main characters house and posing as his new mom to escape the mob who wants to kill her for seeing them do crime.

Now maybe I am just old fashioned or something    hot  Question  Drink but  I don't really think that a movie about 8 year old kids paying a hooker to flash them  Buggedout is exactly kiddie/family movie material.
MoronBoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 04:02:13 PM »

Wizards

I really don't think anybody considered this a kids' movie, but on the interview on the DVD, Ralph Bakshi claims that it is(guy also seems a bit full of himself, too).

A little too violent and a bit too much sexual material for anybody in their right mind to consider it a kiddie flick. Just look a how the female fairy character is dressed and the nipples poking out through her outfit. Also, how many children's movies contain the word "Slut"?
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »

The classic case, which is reviewed at this site, "The Neverending Story III."

"The Neverending Story I" and "The Neverending Story II"can be considered children's films, but what were they thinking with "The Neverending Story III" and running over that poor rabbit.

Of course, "kid movies that aren't" are different from "kid movies that are," but shouldn't be seen by child or adult. I can think of a few of those.  "Pinocchio in Outer Space" anyone?
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 05:22:07 PM »

Don Coscarelli has always claimed that the 1st Beastmaster movie is more of a family/kids' film.

The fact that it's pretty violent at times and has a topless Tanya Roberts makes me wonder about that. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ometiklan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

WaterShip Down.
Cute little bunny rabbits ripping each other to shreds!
Kiddie movie... I think Not! TeddyR

And when he shall die
Take him and cut him into little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night,
And pay no worship to the garish sun.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »

What about Larry Clark's Kids?  Haha.

I actually had no restrictions on my cinematic viewings as a kid so my perceptions of appropriateness will be a bit skewed.

I used to run a small video store and I recall receiving quite a few complaints from parents over Jumanji.  There are plenty of movies made to look cool to small children that really are for adults.  Wizards was mentioned.  I'd vote for just about anything Bakshi has animated, since children are naturally drawn to cartoons (and their parents won't realize some cartoons are for adults).  Ooh, and just about any Anime.

Jurassic Park had so much merchandising there is no way they could have claimed it was for adults.  Then again, so did Terminator 2.  Haha.

++josh;
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:25 PM »

Radio Flyer.  If anyone saw the previews for this it seemed like the adventures of normal kids with imagination, growning up in the burbs and etc.  The real movie was about kids that were in an abusive household trying to escape with a homemade flying machine.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 12:08:20 AM »

Return to Oz: Dorothy's put into a psyche ward and hooked up to a borderline electric chair for "shock therapy", then travels back to Oz only to find that the place has been totaled, the Muchkins are all dead or missing, the land's been overrun by an evil queen and her mutant followers who dress in weird leather bondage outfits and have metal wheels for hands and feet... and Jack Pumpkinhead just freaks me the f*ck out. Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 04:56:51 AM »

Any of the Harry Potter films, there's always something in each one that's quite dark.
Hunky Magoo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 05:42:28 AM »

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal (which there makeing a sequel of) were scary freakin' movies when i saw them as a kid

Oh listen Tender Lumplings let me take you by the hands.
I'll take you from this hell-hole to the Promised Land.
But don't blame me, oh children, if those promises don't keep.
'Cause promises like lives, can be bought so very cheap.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal (which there makeing a sequel of) were scary freakin' movies when i saw them as a kid

Between giant attack beetles, perverse skeletal birds "draining the essense" from elf children and David Bowie in crotch suffocating tights, you're right, neither of those can really be classified as "for the kiddies".

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
respectmeordye3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 01:05:44 PM »

"The Neverending Story I" and "The Neverending Story II"can be considered children's films, but what were they thinking with "The Neverending Story III" and running over that poor rabbit.

Of course, "kid movies that aren't" are different from "kid movies that are," but shouldn't be seen by child or adult. I can think of a few of those.  "Pinocchio in Outer Space" anyone?

that is that cheaply animated movie right? I liked it as a kid. Probably hate it nowadays.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

You can't call Bakshi 'full of himself' when he changed Americans' perception of animation and helped move the artform forward several degrees, and you, on the other hand, have done, well, nothing.

Insulting another forum member is not acceptable behavior.  I have also watched a short feature with Bakshi, I believe it was on the "Fire and Ice" DVD, and he does come across as full of himself.  I can agree that the man did some good work and helped to advance animation.  It does not mean that he can say anything and not seem conceited.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Susan
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2007, 06:14:26 PM »

not really touted but always thought it was strange to have a movie CALLED "Kids", ABOUT "Kids", but rated NC-17  Lookingup
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2007, 07:13:17 PM »

that is that cheaply animated movie right? I liked it as a kid. Probably hate it nowadays.

Yes.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kid movies that aren't. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.