Main Menu

An Inconvenient Truth (2006)

Started by Scott, April 30, 2007, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCMerchant

A New World Order will never happen,because people have this thing about always wanting to be the on the top. Of everything. Nature.The food chain. Other people. The world is,and always be full of meglomaniacs, and idiots who will follow them...
  I'm not worried about global warming...because if it does happen...we will all die,and the world will adapt to the change...just like the dinosaurs got wiped out by the ice age...so will we...man thinks he is the Alpha and the Omega...he is so wrong. I just hope it's something really cool...like giant insects,and mutant cave people...something wild to watch while my cosmic slop is road- tripping through the universe!  :thumbup:
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

DodgingGrunge

Quote from: RCMerchant on May 12, 2007, 05:19:04 PM
I just hope it's something really cool...like giant insects

Arthropods have several evolutionary ticks (no pun intended) that restrict their size, especially on land.  Their armor is heavy, and their lungs don't force air in and out like ours do; they act instead more like a filter, collecting oxygen that happens into their system.  In the Carboniferous Period, though, oxygen levels were about 35-45% higher than they are today.  There were some freaky creatures:  Meganeura, a dragon fly roughly the size of a bald eagle (as seen in that awful Godzilla movie); Mesothelae, a spider roughly the size of a human head; Arthropleura, a millipede that could grow to 6m in length!
++josh;

DodgingGrunge

++josh;

Scott

Scott

DodgingGrunge

Quote from: Scott on May 16, 2007, 08:44:01 AM
Oh, and they are building Noah's Ark again ! ! !

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8P5ET601&show_article=1

Do you suppose Green Peace just found the wood for their ark?  :teddyr:  Or are they assuming that warmer climates will bring an increase in global forestation?  Haha.
++josh;

Scott