Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:37:42 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MIssed a few days « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MIssed a few days  (Read 6850 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: May 01, 2007, 12:12:59 AM »

Phew, I'm exhausted and very, very pumped.

I'm behind a bit on reading the BadMovies.org postings - FIVE screens of New Messages!  I just home from a few days trip.  On this trip, I took my first, (fairly short, only about 70 nautical miles) offshore passage on our new-to-us sailboat.

A friend and I went up to get my boat.  We motored and motor sailed down the ICW for 17 hours, then jumped offshore at Cape Fear River Inlet in North Carolina and FINALLY got to shut off the engine.  We sailed offshore from there to South Carolina.  The offshore leg took another 19 hours.  We had perfect weather for such a trip - Sunday morning while my friend was sleeping, I was sailing on the ocean out of site of land and at night for the first time with a 7/8 moon and not a cloud in the sky.  Incredible.

What makes this even more special is that another mutual friend left the same day to make her first solo crossing from Florida to Bimini.  She's been down in Florida just waiting for the right weather for about three weeks.  We talked to her on the cell phone right after we left.  She was getting ready to leave and should have departed about 15 minutes after we hung up.

Sorry to bore the board with personal, unrelated stuff, but this was like nothing I've ever experienced.   Smile   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:22:28 AM »

Glad to hear you had a good time and it was smooth sailing. (pun) 
I'd love to sail but here in Iowa, there aren't many oceans around to do it in.

At least you didn't end up like this.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:24:14 AM by Ash » Logged
ulthar

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 01:15:32 AM »

I'd love to sail but here in Iowa, there aren't many oceans around to do it in.

Small lake sailing a load of fun, too.   Smile  I know quite a few saiilors in Indiana, which is not TOO far away.  Check out the Trailer Sailor Bulletin Board.  You might be surpised at how close some fun sailing is.

At least you didn't end up like this.

Yeah, that one had been quite a hot topic on the sailing boards.  On one of the boards, someone from Australia that had some "inside" info pasted a bit about what might be gonig on with that.  Short Version: the media has gotten some key facts wrong (at least according to this guy).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 10:36:12 AM »

Phew, I'm exhausted and very, very pumped.

I'm behind a bit on reading the BadMovies.org postings - FIVE screens of New Messages!  I just home from a few days trip.  On this trip, I took my first, (fairly short, only about 70 nautical miles) offshore passage on our new-to-us sailboat.

A friend and I went up to get my boat.  We motored and motor sailed down the ICW for 17 hours, then jumped offshore at Cape Fear River Inlet in North Carolina and FINALLY got to shut off the engine.  We sailed offshore from there to South Carolina.  The offshore leg took another 19 hours.  We had perfect weather for such a trip - Sunday morning while my friend was sleeping, I was sailing on the ocean out of site of land and at night for the first time with a 7/8 moon and not a cloud in the sky.  Incredible.

What makes this even more special is that another mutual friend left the same day to make her first solo crossing from Florida to Bimini.  She's been down in Florida just waiting for the right weather for about three weeks.  We talked to her on the cell phone right after we left.  She was getting ready to leave and should have departed about 15 minutes after we hung up.

Sorry to bore the board with personal, unrelated stuff, but this was like nothing I've ever experienced.   Smile   

Sounds like fun Ulthar!

I live on the coast here in NC, and I love the ICW.  There's nothing better than cruising it on a summers day.   We start out in the sound near the house, and start on the ICW in Beaufort.  It's absolutely stunning.

If you ever come this far up the ICW and stay in the Beaufort/Morehead City area, let me know! 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ulthar

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »

If you ever come this far up the ICW and stay in the Beaufort/Morehead City area, let me know! 

Thanks.  :)

I started this trip on the New River, so a bit farther south then Beaufort.  We thought about motoring UP to Beaufort to jump outside, but decided against it due to the added miles.

--Real Genius
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 12:31:06 PM »

Ulthar, that trip sounds awesome. Hey ask your friend who went to Bimini if they saw the Atlantian stones underwater.

ulthar

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »

Scott,

I will ask her.  I know she is a diver and plans on doing some diving while down there.  She'll be in the Bahamas area for six months at least, just being there.

--Real Genius
Scott

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 01:06:09 PM »

Wow, wish I could take off for 6 months Smile. From what I can understand you can also see the stones from the water surface.

ulthar

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 03:03:52 PM »

Wow, wish I could take off for 6 months Smile.

Yep.  She's living the dream.  In January, she sold her house, resigned from her job and moved aboard her boat.  She spent February getting ready.  She spent March sailing down the west coast of Florida.  When she arrived in the Keys, it was wait-wait-wait until the weather was right to cross the Gulf Stream. She SHOULD be there now, but I have not heard from her.  Her communications back to us will be hit and miss.

Those stones look absolutely awesome.  Thanks for letting me know about them.

--Real Genius
Scott

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:27 AM »

Yea, they are an odd phenomenon seeing that nature doesn't produce straight lines.

dean

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »

Those stones look fantastic, and the trips sounds like a blast too.

I've always wanted to go diving in a more in-depth fashion than just the odd snorkelling, but haven't given myself the opportunity to.

I just got back myself from a few days at the beach, and given how much I love the smell and sound of the ocean, I would have loved a sailing trip.  There certainly is something special in just sitting there in a mass of water, bopping up and down, and just taking it all in.  I was actually very close to bringing a rubber blow up raft with me down to the beach, but went against it due to the bad weather and choppy surf, but since there were a couple of great days, I'm now regretting it!   Hatred

Next time, I'll tell myself: next time...

Thumbup

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:23 AM »

Dean, North of you off the coast of a Southern Japanese island are the possible underwater remants of legendary Mu (or Lemuria).

http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=725

You'll note that some of the old Japanese Toho films use to make reference to Mu.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:49:08 AM by Scott » Logged

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MIssed a few days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.