Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:37 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about the movies you DO want to see sequils of. . . « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What about the movies you DO want to see sequils of. . .  (Read 6600 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« on: May 01, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »

My first vote is "Bad Taste". . . It has all the elements needed, , Derek was last seen on the spaceship/house, , and the other three were left alive on earth (Hope that didn't spoil the movie for anyone). . . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Menard
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 02:35:01 PM »

One movie, from quite a few years ago, I would have liked to see continue with a sequel or two was Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.

I'll watch any Jason movie that comes out and probably the next Phantasm movie, if they make it.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 02:59:37 PM »

I'll watch any Jason movie that comes out and probably the next Phantasm movie, if they make it.

Quite right.  Horror movies quickly become an addiction.  For better or ill I'll blow $10 every time someone releases a Friday the 13th movie or like pillar of the genre.

Here's a random one:  Adrenaline.  It was basically a 70 minute version of Mind Ripper that took place in a Mad Max-looking police-state Russia, but damn it, it was fun!  I think it would be kind of neat to follow that up with something slow and dreary that includes a where-are-they-now, since the objective was to earn their freedom.

They should also consider making Trilogy of Terror an actual trilogy.  Haha.  Come on!  The marketing practically writes itself!

++josh;
Susan
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 05:58:47 PM »

"What ever happened to Rosemary's Baby"

possible title  TeddyR
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 06:51:53 PM »

possible title  TeddyR

LOOK WHAT's HAPPENED to ROSEMARY'S BABY was a made for tv sequel...in 1976. They beat you too it.Sorry. Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Susan
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 07:49:53 PM »

possible title  TeddyR

LOOK WHAT's HAPPENED to ROSEMARY'S BABY was a made for tv sequel...in 1976. They beat you too it.Sorry. Bluesad

damn, what did happen to the baby? lol

The great thing is Mia is still alive, she could totally play the role of the aging mother, by now the baby would be an adult and ready to reign some evil on the world

oh well
Small | Large

Small | Large
Menard
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »

damn, what did happen to the baby?

Ahem....I'm all grown up now.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:36:25 PM »

The Thing (1982) (so much more that could be done with this concept).

The Omega Man (seriously it might have been interesting to see how the future really did play out)

The Day the Earth Stood Still (same thing)

Quatermass (would love to see another film but it would have to be pretty awesome to live up to its predecessors).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
fortunato
Bad Movie Lover

The laziest man on mars.

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 10:40:17 PM »

Phantasm 5, Bubba Nosferatu, and Spider-Man 4 are at the top of my list to see.

Goblins still exist. Your Grandpa Seth is telling you!

Are you nuts? You tryin' ta turn me into a homo?

You're TEARING ME APART, Lisa!

"May I remind you that I am in command here! Only an idiot would attempt such a thing. I will do it myself."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »

I'd like to see a Night of the Creeps sequel, but I don't know if I'd want to see a new cast and I doubt the old cast would be up for it at this point.

On the topic of Fred Dekker movies, I'd say the same thing for The Monster Squad.

I want one more Phantasm sequel, just to put an actual ending to the story instead of giving us that cheap "continuing cycle" bullsh!t we got with OblIVion.

I'll watch Re-Animator sequels as long as Jeffrey Combs is willing to star in them.

I want to say "no" to a 4th Evil Dead, especially considering all of the comic book and video game material that's been done since Army of Darkness. If one should ever come to pass though, get rid of the retarded little robot hand and put the chainsaw back where it belongs...

But what I'm really keeping my talons crossed for is a sequel to Second Sight...  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 08:19:24 AM »

While I know it would stink if it were made now, I wish they had continued (as they teased) The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai.

I'd also like to see other stories (not really sequels) in the universe of Twice Upon a Time, the 1983 Lucas-produced cartoon. Few people have seen it these days, and it will apparently never be released on DVD, but it is a fantastic movie. The takes on superheroes and fairy godmothers are wonderful, and the animation, though kind of crude, is very original and fun to watch. Much more could be done with this world.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

While I know it would stink if it were made now, I wish they had continued (as they teased) The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai.

If you're curious enough to check 'em out, there's a Buckaroo Banzai comic mini-series out there. I picked up the first issue right before I stopped reading comics and it was okay.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »

If you're curious enough to check 'em out, there's a Buckaroo Banzai comic mini-series out there. I picked up the first issue right before I stopped reading comics and it was okay.

Ah, right, speaking of comics, for those of you who were disappointed by the sequel to Battle Royale (or just wanted more), it is actually worth checking out the book and subsequent Manga series by Koushun Takami.  They actually take the time to develop the characters and plot appropriately and are a really nice read.

++josh;
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »

Ah, right, speaking of comics, for those of you who were disappointed by the sequel to Battle Royale (or just wanted more), it is actually worth checking out the book and subsequent Manga series by Koushun Takami.  They actually take the time to develop the characters and plot appropriately and are a really nice read.

I loved the series, but it's hard to swallow if you're only a casual comic reader. It's approximately 20 installments that cost $10 each and for those who are easily grossed out or offended by graphic sex and violence, every issue is packed with the stuff. Sometimes there's a little too much crying and beaming smiley faces for me, but it does create a disturbing contrast to the "adult material". I really need to get the last few installments one of these days...

Speaking of manga that's better than the movie, I can't give a higher recommendation to everyone than the Uzumaki paperbacks. If you saw the movie, you haven't seen anything, because Junji Ito's stuff is crazy. I don't mean Norman Bates crazy, I mean bats**t nightmare Clive Barkerish type crazy! Fewer installments to pick up than Battle Royale and personally more satisfying. Though both are great if you've got the time, cash and determination to hunt them all down.

Dave M
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 09:55:38 PM »

The Illustrated Man. Just do three more stories from the book, like Kalidascope (sp?)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What about the movies you DO want to see sequils of. . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.