Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 29, 2014, 10:21:53 PM
530221 Posts in 40018 Topics by 4999 Members
Latest Member: Alvin simths
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]
Author Topic: Reading anything?  (Read 133655 times)
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1440 on: July 28, 2014, 04:32:04 PM »

Ye-es!

Geoff Tibball's
Unbelievably zany :
Ripley's Believe It or Not

All the latest of the weird and the bizarre.

Andrew Shaffer's
Literary rogues :
a scandalous history of wayward authors

The highlights and low lights of 37 authors over 273 years.

Stephen V. Ash's
A massacre in Memphis :
the race riot that shook the nation one year after the civil war

The first, but, unfortunately, not the last, as the reasons as to the why would be much the same for other race riots, including . . .

contradictory beliefs -- hatreds old and new -- ignorance -- lack of cooperation -- paternalism -- political differences -- prejudices -- racism -- sense of superiority -- simplistic ideas, but complex reactions -- and uncompromising attitudes.

Showker and Sehlinger's
The unofficial guide to cruises

One in the unofficial guide series.

Wiley and Jenkins'
Walt Disney World with kids
24th ed.

The writer has been doing this since 1989, when she was pregnant with her daughter. Now her daughter is a grown woman with kids of her own, who has worked for the Mouse, and now is the co-writer with her mother of the series. No doubt, with some idea of taking over the series from her mother some day.

Tina Rinaldi's
What the brochures don't tell you about cruise vacations.

The title says it all. What it does not say is how poorly made and illogical are the writer's arguments. There is a need for a book like this, but this is not it.

Andrew Lane's
Fire storm
4th in the Sherlock Holmes : the legend begins series

The deaths and near deaths continue, with death and near death being dealt out by . . .

crossbow -- dead rabbit -- grizzly -- landslide -- sword cane -- and tanning vat.

Still, not quite up to the previous titles in the series, as this is really 2 stories in 1, and those never seem to be merged properly.

Next time: he was shanghaied on an ocean freighter.
he was shanghaied eating beans and taters.
he was shanghaied on the "Gloria Scott."

I don't know about the 1st 2 lines, but if you recognize the name in the 3rd line, you know your Sherlock. Looking forward to it, and seeing whether we finally get a glimpse of the giant rat of Sumatra.

Next time: just 1 review. A longer 1 than average.

jimpickens
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1441 on: Today at 02:27:33 AM »

The Ultimate Survival Manual by Rich Johnson and the editors of Outdoor Life very useful.

I like those survival manuals for their good advice.

Does this one tell you how to prevent attacks from aliens from outer space?

The one I saw said the 3 things to do to prevent an attack from aliens from outer space is to . . .

(1) Do not make any loud noises!
(2) Do not make any fast moves!
(3) And do not look hostile!
Nope but it does show you how to escape from kidnappers and how to turn your homestead into a compound.
Right now I'm reading Wolf Creek Origin if you think the movies are creepy the books at least this one make them look tame by comparison.
Neville

« Reply #1442 on: Today at 04:41:25 AM »

I just got a ton of Mike Hammer novels from Amazon. They are collected in three volumes, each with 2-3 novels. I already read "I, the jury", so I'll skip that one.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Trevor
Adorable Chief Troublemaker at Badmovies.org
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1443 on: Today at 04:46:27 AM »

Stephen King: The Haunted Heart by Lisa Rojak. Very good thus far.  Smile

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1444 on: Today at 09:37:31 AM »

I just finished ANTHONY AND CLEOPATRA by Adrian Goldsworthy, a dual biography of history's most famous star-crossed lovers.
A pretty good read, even if it is rather disappointing that we know much less about the two than most novelists seem to think.
Anthony's great mistake, IMO, is that he thought he was Julius Caesar's equal as a general and as a politician - and he was neither.
Cleopatra simply fell in love with a man who ultimately could not protect her.

"Carpe diem!" - Seize the day!  "Carpe per diem!" - Seize the daily living allowance! "Carpe carp!" - Seize the fish!
"Carpe Ngo Diem!" - Seize the South Vietnamese Dictator!
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Reading anything? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.