Main Menu

What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

"Miles in the Sky [Bonus Tracks]" by Miles Davis
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Allhallowsday

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

RCMerchant

Quote from: Allhallowsday on January 13, 2011, 02:57:30 PM
THE ROLLING STONES Black And Blue

The Stones are-and always will be-one of my favorite bands of all time. They defined-more so than the Beatles-rebellion in rock and roll. SATISFACTION is my calling card.-the Stones-are thee first punk band....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx0bLBk-BNM

When Tara died--it was Tears Go By.....

Smiling faces I can see-but not for me-

Ive had people tell me I should get over it...deal with it. To "grow up/ Be a man"
Huh. I love Tara. I will NEVER stop loving her. Does that make me a weak person? Maybe. I dont care. I willnever feel less . I cant-Im an obsessive person...maybe its just me. But I still love her.
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Sleepyskull

Quote from: RCMerchant on January 13, 2011, 05:18:15 PM

The Stones are-and always will be-one of my favorite bands of all time. They defined-more so than the Beatles-rebellion in rock and roll. SATISFACTION is my calling card.-the Stones-are thee first punk band....

Ive had people tell me I should get over it...deal with it. To "grow up/ Be a man"
Huh. I love Tara. I will NEVER stop loving her. Does that make me a weak person? Maybe. I dont care. I willnever feel less . I cant-Im an obsessive person...maybe its just me. But I still love her.

I understand what you mean RC, as I've lost my two very loved maternal grandparents in the past few years. As time has gone by, it has been easier to accept that I will never get to talk to them again. However, that doesn't mean it's less painful. The only reason I wasn't totally emotional each time was because, in both cases me and my family knew it was coming long in advance. They both had Alzheimer's, so death was (in a very upsetting way) a relief for me, my family, and hopefully them. The only depressing thing about me graduating from high school was knowing that I would not get to see my grandmother (she died in middle school) or my grandfather (he was in an assisted living home for people with Alzheimer's) during that day.

I still get emotional sometimes about not being able to talk to my grandparent's. I don't think we're weak because we love people deeply. If anything, that's good thing. It means we're not heartless. It means we can feel joy. It has nothing to do with being weak or strong.

If you can't do anything, but constantly focus on Tara's death, then you do have some issues that need to be resolved. To me, it sounds like you feel pain, but are also able to enjoy yourself.  That's a good place to be in. Don't forget everybody also deserves some time to just feel bad and depressed. It's my belief that if you won't allow yourself to be depressed when you truly feel horrible, you're lying to yourself.

As an end note, I found writing this to be helpful in articulating some confusing thoughts. So, thank you, RC.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde

RCMerchant

Quote from: Sleepyskull on January 13, 2011, 06:45:21 PM
Quote from: RCMerchant on January 13, 2011, 05:18:15 PM

I understand what you mean RC, as I've lost my two very loved maternal grandparents in the past few years. As time has gone by, it has been easier to accept that I will never get to talk to them again. However, that doesn't mean it's less painful. The only reason I wasn't totally emotional each time was because, in both cases me and my family knew it was coming long in advance. They both had Alzheimer's, so death was (in a very upsetting way) a relief for me, my family, and hopefully them. The only depressing thing about me graduating from high school was knowing that I would not get to see my grandmother (she died in middle school) or my grandfather (he was in an assisted living home for people with Alzheimer's) during that day.

I still get emotional sometimes about not being able to talk to my grandparent's. I don't think we're weak because we love people deeply. If anything, that's good thing. It means we're not heartless. It means we can feel joy. It has nothing to do with being weak or strong.

If you can't do anything, but constantly focus on Tara's death, then you do have some issues that need to be resolved. To me, it sounds like you feel pain, but are also able to enjoy yourself.  That's a good place to be in. Don't forget everybody also deserves some time to just feel bad and depressed. It's my belief that if you won't allow yourself to be depressed when you truly feel horrible, you're lying to yourself.

As an end note, I found writing this to be helpful in articulating some confusing thoughts. So, thank you, RC.

This is for you....and for all my freinds here...because we have all lost somebody some time....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhPPJ5dolxU
"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

JaseSF

Songs in the Key of X: Music Inspired by the X-Files

The Truth and the Light: The X-Files: Music by Mark Snow, Words by Chris Carter

The Cult Files
"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

Allhallowsday

MARIANNE FAITHFULL that's cool (what a creepy chick) ...
RC and Sleepyskull you both need to learn how to EDIT!!  :cheers: :drink: :smile:
Now:

ROLLING STONES: Exile On Main Street

Sleepyskull

Quote from: Allhallowsday on January 14, 2011, 01:01:22 AM
RC and Sleepyskull you both need to learn how to EDIT!!  :cheers: :drink: :smile:
Now:

ROLLING STONES: Exile On Main Street

About the editing: I can write much more... correctly (might not be a good word), if I take the time to check everything with a guide, but I honestly don't have the patience to do that for places like a message board or FaceBook.  I've never been able to commit that sort of stuff to memory.  :teddyr:  :bluesad:  :bouncegiggle:  Still, I try not to appear too unintelligible, which is much more than can be said for many Web-users... 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Sleepyskull on January 14, 2011, 02:07:17 AM
About the editing: I can write much more... correctly (might not be a good word), if I take the time to check everything with a guide, but I honestly don't have the patience to do that for places like a message board or FaceBook.  I've never been able to commit that sort of stuff to memory.  :teddyr:  :bluesad:  :bouncegiggle:  Still, I try not to appear too unintelligible, which is much more than can be said for many Web-users... 
I'm not referring to your writing, but your postings - see above I quoted you quoting me, but I removed the images in the interest of space (instead of seeing them repeated, and repeated...)  :wink:

JayJayM12

Been listening to the new British Sea Power cd this morning (not too bad, but not my favorite by them either)...
Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.

Sleepyskull

Quote from: Allhallowsday on January 14, 2011, 11:33:09 AM
Quote from: Sleepyskull on January 14, 2011, 02:07:17 AM
I'm not referring to your writing, but your postings - see above I quoted you quoting me, but I removed the images in the interest of space (instead of seeing them repeated, and repeated...)  :wink:

Oh! I'll keep that in mind. I know seeing repetitive images can be annoying, especially on a slower computer.

Allhallowsday

Allhallowsday

DAVID BOWIE Heroes  

DAVID BOWIE Low  

CAPTAIN BEEFHEART and THE MAGIC BAND Lick My Decals Off, Baby

ImaginaryFoot

Lima beans are the Devil

jimmybob

scottjenner456@yahoo.ca