What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgermann

Amon Düül II - Tanz der Lemminge

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Pilgermann on April 07, 2011, 12:53:10 PM

Amon Düül II - Tanz der Lemminge

I've got an Amon Duul II compilation.  Interesting band that could have been big on the prog-rock scene with some luck and focus.

Old and New Dreams, "Old and New Dreams"

OK, the strange thing is that this band made up of ex-Ornette Coleman sideman released two self-titled albums.  I didn't know this, so I bought the 1976 self-titled album when I meant to buy the 1979 self-titled album.  I still like it, though.
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Psycho Circus

Allhallowsday

THE CIVIL WAR Original Soundtrack Recording
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Rev. Powell

RCMerchant

Dam...Im tired. I got the glass eyed girl passed out on my couch. I gotta sleep in the chair. Dammit. Goodnight all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nchEXBimNlg
Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."
Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant

Allhallowsday

Pilgermann

Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 07, 2011, 01:41:07 PM
I've got an Amon Duul II compilation.  Interesting band that could have been big on the prog-rock scene with some luck and focus.

I don't know much about the group's history but I'd guess that they didn't have a steady lineup.  My favorite albums I've heard from them are Wolf City and Yeti.  They tend to load their albums with jammy stuff, which can be cool, but Wolf City is actually pretty cohesive stuff.  It's a bit weird in places but they churn out some genuinely cool songs while retaining their psych/prog sound, like the awesome closing track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMnkEXLGt0

Been listening to:

Bruce Cockburn - Dancing in the Dragon's Jaws

Psycho Circus

Finally got a copy of this album, fairly cheaply too. My Victory cd collection is complete!  :teddyr:

Flick James

Currently giving this album another chance. It was suggested to me by an acquaintence who said if I like wierd music I would like Can. It's definately trippy stuff. I have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, however, and most of the time I'm not. If you're into strange experimental stuff, with elements of prog and psychedelic rock, you may want to check it out.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Allhallowsday

TUBEWAY ARMY Replicas  

LED ZEPPELIN II

Psycho Circus

Allhallowsday

Psycho Circus

Rev. Powell