Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:40:31 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 966
Author Topic: What have you been listening to?  (Read 2657690 times)
BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »

Saw them live and picked up their CD. Great Hardcore Punk.

This is a weird one. A all girl band that sounds like The Slits with a 80s hardcore band. Love it.

Torgo, how is Megadeths "United Abominations"? I was thinking about picking it up.

Skaboi, Great seleaction their.The Arrogant Sons Of b***hes are actually playing here in a a month or two.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »

I am listening to:

Laibach - Life is Life

[youtube=425,350]http://youtube.com/watch?v=YvRhOpqZO7I

They are a German band that I heard a long time ago, around ten.  I saw them on the Public Bradcasting Channel.  Thanks to Youtube, I found the group.  Not bad music.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2007, 02:10:49 PM »

6) The Motels  "20th Century Masters"

Haven't thought about THE MOTELS in many years; I used to have their album with "Suddenly Last Summer" on it (I can remember the silly video...)   Thumbup

This is a weird one. A all girl band that sounds like The Slits with a 80s hardcore band. Love it.

Skaboi, Great seleaction their.The Arrogant Sons Of b***hes are actually playing here in a a month or two.
MIKA MIKO?  Listened to samples at Amazon... anyone interested:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/recsradio/radio/B000FUF83Y/ref=pd_krex_listen_dp_img/102-8935206-2998565?ie=UTF8&refTagSuffix=dp_img

And I'm looking forward to seeing  . . . TONY BENNETT !  He will be here in 2 months (just found out today).  Guess I'm slowing down.  Skipped the chance to see GRAHAM PARKER, practically next door, but cannot miss Tony Bennett.  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Torgo

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2007, 03:46:51 PM »

Torgo, how is Megadeths "United Abominations"? I was thinking about picking it up.

I give United Abominations an 8 out of 10.

I don't think it's as strong of an album as The System Has Failed (which I gave a 9) and it's not a return to their thrash days like Mustaine/the press was saying.  The guitars have more of a thrash tone to them, but overall it's more of the style he's been doing the last couple of albums.

The really unnecessary thing on it is the pointless remake of A Tout Le Monde with that Scabbia female singer from the awful band (at least IMO) Lacuna Coil.  The original version on Youthanasia was great as is. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2007, 03:48:49 PM »

6) The Motels  "20th Century Masters"
Haven't thought about THE MOTELS in many years; I used to have their album with "Suddenly Last Summer" on it (I can remember the silly video...)   Thumbup

I picked this up on a whim a few days back for only 5 bucks.  I was a fan of them growing up and this has all of their hits and a few album cuts.   All of the tracks are beautifully remastered as well.   

And I'm looking forward to seeing  . . . TONY BENNETT !  He will be here in 2 months (just found out today).  Guess I'm slowing down.  Skipped the chance to see GRAHAM PARKER, practically next door, but cannot miss Tony Bennett.  Wink

Tony Bennett is awesome. The man can sing anything and sing with anyone and it works.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2007, 10:37:25 PM »

I picked this up on a whim a few days back for only 5 bucks.  I was a fan of them growing up and this has all of their hits and a few album cuts.   All of the tracks are beautifully remastered as well.  

Tony Bennett is awesome. The man can sing anything and sing with anyone and it works.
One of the great things about NOW is how easy we've all become about what we listen to.  30 years ago, it was a big deal if you listened to Rock (of several distinct varieties) or Disco (at the time, unfairly regarded by the Rock camp I belonged to as one variety: horrible).  Then, I secrectly loved TAVARES, BEE GEES, KC and the SUNSHINE BAND, NOW, I listen to both . . . but not much to either these days as I'm into fringe Rock right NOW, meaning acts that didn't sell large numbers of records then(STOOGES, VELVET UNDERGROUND, NEW YORK DOLLS, RAMONES, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, etc.) plus all the once-called "long hair" stuff I've always loved, Ravel, Mahler, Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, Roxy Music . . .

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
oleg
New Visitor

« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2007, 04:07:57 AM »

This week im listening to a Greek oriental rebetica cd i got out of the libary, along with the complete works of william shatner, some rainer maria, and some bollywood soundtraks
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 02:53:30 AM »

The Freeze  -"Misery Loves Company" CD
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »

ARUM RAE
TOO YOUNG TO SING THE BLUES (2006)

http://www.myspace.com/arumrae

http://www.arumrae.com/

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 11:27:10 PM »

For a period of about 8 months I had my iPod filled with nothing but Rancid, Transplants, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards and Operation Ivy. I've gradually injected other stuff into it in the last 6 months or so, mainly Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Guitar Wolf, Balzac, classic Misfits, and a few choice selections from Rob/White Zombie, especially Superbeast, Super Charger Heaven, Dragula, and the oddly entertaining track he did with Drowning Pool for the Daredevil soundtrack.

Last CD I picked up was the Tim Armstrong side project disc "A Poet's Life". Would've been happier to spend a few dollars less on it if I could've gotten it without the DVD...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2007, 01:58:43 PM »

French Melodic Hardcore sung in French (duh) and by a women. Great vocals and solid stuff. Lyric sheet does have the English words to the songs.

Great pick thier with The Freeze, Ghoul. Saw them live a couple of years ago.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

soylentgreen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2007, 07:13:21 PM »

As a matter of fact, with the film I AM LEGEND coming later this year(gravely different from the book, of course!  Hatred ), I've been revisiting the novella and it's film versions...so right now, I've got the score from THE OMEGA MAN in heavy rotation on the playlist.

This is Ron Grainer(Dr Who, The Prisoner) at his...well...Grainiest!

Fabulous, funky and friggin 70s!  While common sense would say that this musical approach would undermine the whole drama of the stoy, with THE OMEGA MAN, it's just the opposite...the film is elevated to a higher plane by Grainer stylings complete with a large lush orchestra at his disposal.  Fans of his music from The Prisoner, will find alot of similarly catchy riffs.

I've uploaded the theme and a cue entitled "Brother Zachary Makes His Move"  Buggedout to quicksharing, here's the link....THE OMEGA MAN cues at Quicksharing .

It's an 11 mb zip file so it shouldn't take too long...Note:if this is frowned upon here at the forum, moderators please feel free to edit the post.

Otherwise, enjoy and remember...The last man on earth IS NOT ALONETongueOut

That's my driver's license picture....I hate that picture!"
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 01:48:35 AM »

For a period of about 8 months I had my iPod filled with nothing but Rancid, Transplants, Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards and Operation Ivy. I've gradually injected other stuff into it in the last 6 months or so, mainly Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly, Guitar Wolf, Balzac, classic Misfits, and a few choice selections from Rob/White Zombie, especially Superbeast, Super Charger Heaven, Dragula, and the oddly entertaining track he did with Drowning Pool for the Daredevil soundtrack.

Didn't recognize even the genre until I got to the Rob Zombie.  Yeah, Dragula is a great song... and Hellbilly Deluxe is one noisy album, indeed.

The Vrenna "Bodies" remix  (Drowning Pool) is great shooter music, too.  =)

Currently listening to:  Mixed Emotions, by the Stones.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 07:06:42 AM »

And now I'm listening to Enno Morricone's rejected score for What Dreams May Come?.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »

Didn't recognize even the genre until I got to the Rob Zombie.  Yeah, Dragula is a great song... and Hellbilly Deluxe is one noisy album, indeed.

It's pretty much all punk, ska or Japanese garage rock in one form or another (I'm not sure of the subgenre deviations beyond that, as I try to stick to basics if possible) with Zombie being about the only metal I really listen to anymore. Yeah, I know, Zombie's considered "commercial sell-out" by most die hard metalheads, but since I never claimed to be as such, I'm sure I can be forgiven.  TeddyR Super Charger Heaven is one of the greatest f*cking tracks of all time and the re-mix from "Super Sexy Swingin' Sounds" is one of the few re-mix tracks I can actually enjoy. Wicked. \m/

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 966
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  What have you been listening to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.