Main Menu

What have you been listening to?

Started by Allhallowsday, May 03, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Powell

"Music from the Infamous Motion Picture Bronson." Not digging the New Order tune, though. Bleech!
I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...

Rev. Powell

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 11, 2012, 12:03:18 PM

Do you like it?  I own that and listen to it often. 

JUNE CHRISTY June's Got Rhythm  
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Rev. Powell

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 11, 2012, 08:11:32 PM
Quote from: Allhallowsday on April 11, 2012, 06:54:08 PM

Do you like it?  I own that and listen to it often.  
Yes and no. It's a change of pace, for sure.
GENE MOORE did the organ music... as for the rest, I've no idea maybe it's all him.  Lots of snippets, mostly organ, the opening credit suite is wonderful but not with the start of movie/car sound effects...  it's right off the film soundtrack... I love "Carnival Rock" which is NOT in the film and has no organ in it.  It's one of my favorite soundtracks, but definitely is leaning towards Bad Movie Love.  I am, however, a big fan of organ music. 

NEIL YOUNG After The Goldrush 

Allhallowsday

FRANK ZAPPA Hot Rats  

FATS WALLER The Joint is Jumpin'

Rev. Powell

Camille Saint-Saens, Orcgan Symphony & Orchestral Works ("The Swan," "Danse Macabre")---Philadelphia Orchestra. Biggest picture of the cover I could find!

Allhallowsday

Frank81

I have it too, you really  want obscure  soundtracks, try this one?  The only  great thing about it is the 'radiator girl' song and  the Fats Waller  'stomps.' It  is very interesting as  was the movie.  I see a  Movie Soundtrack thread coming in the future, my favorite, current form, of music. :smile:

Rev. Powell

Quote from: Frank81 on April 13, 2012, 02:09:39 PM

I have it too, you really  want obscure  soundtracks, try this one?  The only  great thing about it is the 'radiator girl' song and  the Fats Waller  'stomps.' It  is very interesting as  was the movie.  I see a  Movie Soundtrack thread coming in the future, my favorite, current form, of music. :smile:

Oh yeah, Frank, I'd love to pick ERASERHEAD up someday. It's one of my top 10 favorite movies. I'm in a soundtrack phase right now too.

Rev. Powell

Prokofiev: War and Peace Suite; Summer Night; Russian Overture

Flick James

Quote from: Rev. Powell on April 13, 2012, 03:32:10 PM
Quote from: Frank81 on April 13, 2012, 02:09:39 PM

Oh yeah, Frank, I'd love to pick ERASERHEAD up someday. It's one of my top 10 favorite movies. I'm in a soundtrack phase right now too.

I listened to that album once years ago. I love the film too, but I think I remember the soundtrack album being pretty much just a bunch of ambient industrial noise, basically, well, the soundtrack of the film. I don't know how much I would enjoy to listen to 45 minutes of thrumming, hissing, and industrial machines.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Flick James on April 13, 2012, 07:26:23 PM
...I listened to that album once years ago. I love the film too, but I think I remember the soundtrack album being pretty much just a bunch of ambient industrial noise, basically, well, the soundtrack of the film. I don't know how much I would enjoy to listen to 45 minutes of thrumming, hissing, and industrial machines.
You're way off.  Oh!  You mean ERASERHEAD.  Yeh, sludge for me, but maybe I could adapt. 
I first engaged the REV about CARNIVAL OF SOULS soundtrack and have been listening to it, and posting it here over and over for years.  It's not industrial, though I suppose in it's clumsiness that's true to some extent.  There are one or two moments of urban surreality but this soundtrack is mostly organ music.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brp_upIoiEs

This is what I'm listening to: GODSPELL Original Off Off Broadway Cast Recording

Flick James

QuoteYou're way off. 
I first engaged the REV about this album and have been listening to it, and posting it here over and over for years.  It's not industrial, though I suppose in it's clumsiness that's true to some extent.  There are one or two moments of urban surreality but this soundtrack is mostly organ music.

Fair enough. It was a long time ago. Perhaps what I listened to was not the official soundtrack. I just remember hearing long periods of the kind of ambient industrial noise that dominated the film.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Flick James on April 13, 2012, 07:57:41 PM
QuoteYou're way off. 
I first engaged the REV about this album and have been listening to it, and posting it here over and over for years.  It's not industrial, though I suppose in it's clumsiness that's true to some extent.  There are one or two moments of urban surreality but this soundtrack is mostly organ music.

Fair enough. It was a long time ago. Perhaps what I listened to was not the official soundtrack. I just remember hearing long periods of the kind of ambient industrial noise that dominated the film.
You've got to give me time to get myself properly edited!   :smile:  You were talking 'bout ERASERHEAD I think.  I was talking 'bout CARNIVAL OF SOULS.

THE BEATLES Help!