Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:36:29 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who would you kill to prevent a movie from being made? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would you kill to prevent a movie from being made?  (Read 1664 times)
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« on: May 03, 2007, 04:19:57 AM »

This is a tasteless theoretical exercise I used to toss around with my employees at the video store.  It is sort of along the lines of questions like, "If you could go back in time and kill Hitler to prevent WWII, would you?" only with a cinematic twist.  The goal is to snip a "problem" at the root by taking out the person responsible.  But you want to disconnect the earliest chain possible.  Here's an example:

Problem:  Personally, I hate the fact that filmgoers tend to associate bigger budgets with better movies, AKA The Blockbuster.

Solution:  While one could argue that Blockbusters have existed as long as the big studios (Gone With the Wind, etc), I tend to think it was under control until the release of Jaws in 1975.  Now I happen to like Jaws, but if I could, I would go back in time and assassinate Steven Spielberg to prevent that film from having been made as that, in turn, will prevent Jerry Bruckheimer-types from taking over the world.

Got it?  Who would you kill to prevent the downfall of cinema?!?!  After a few drinks...  Drink

++josh;
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

That's an interesting discussion.

While a lot of people would immediately say Ed Wood or something, the fact is that Ed Wood's movies are actually entertaining though they are thoroughly terrible at the same time.

I've always said that the worst crime a movie can commit is to bore the hell out of me.

I would usually say Michael Bay, but I had the misfortune of seeing some of Bad Boys 2 the other night and I have to admit, the moron can shoot the hell out of an action scene.  That highway chase is really amazing in that movie from a technical aspect.

The only director that I could say I wouldn't mind seeing falling off a cliff or something is Uwe Boll and Joel Schumaucher.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who would you kill to prevent a movie from being made? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.