Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:14 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "karma points" biz... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: "karma points" biz...  (Read 25853 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 06:24:56 PM »

I didn't even get half through the thread,and I gave you a karma too! I'm glad your back! Your like the Doris Day of BAD MOVIES org.,IMHO.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 06:46:21 PM »

You guys are making me teary eyed. How sweet can you be.......Thank you.  Smile

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »

I didn't even get half through the thread,and I gave you a karma too! I'm glad your back! Your like the Doris Day of BAD MOVIES org.,IMHO.

I've said it before, you guys are great, made Poogie feel like she's among friends every time she's here, thanks a lot folks, I really appreciate it. Smile

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

I think that some people on here take the whole karma thing too seriously, esspecialy when negitive karma is given. Overall, I think we would all be better off with out it, as to not make certian folks jelous or mad, but I will admit, sometimes when I log on and I see that my karma has gone up, I feel like one of the cool kidz.

As for giving negitive karma, I think ive only given it once or twice, and those were for comments that seemed to take a hit at another poster. Its the INTERNET, boys and girls. Half of the folks on here are probobly just commputer A.I. anyway. So lets just CHILL, alright? 

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 09:02:02 PM »

I only give positive karma and rarely give it at all but sometimes guys or gals will post something so fascinating to me personally or just so ultimately creative or appealing that I feel I must give out karma. RCMerchant, Raffine, allhallowsday and Menard have gotten the most positive karma from me. There's been a few others too...I believe Poogie, venomx and perhaps a few more.  But I don't overuse the button, at least I don't think I do.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Menard
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 09:03:12 PM »

So lets just CHILL, alright? 

uhhhh.....no

nah nah na nah nah
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2007, 09:11:53 PM »

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Susan
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 10:00:54 PM »

is there a cap on karma? what's the max
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 04:15:44 AM »

I'm going to take a dissenting view.  I am not as active a member on this board as others, so I've never really noticed my karma rating other than a quick, "huh".

I love feedback as much as the next person.  After something I view as a substantial post, I'll check back several times that day to see if anybody has responded.  But I think the near arbitrary karma rating may be taken too importantly.  It's a goof, right?  Just a fun little statistic?

What I've always valued about this board is the environment where people are can freely discuss, and if necessary disagree on, their opinions about movies others may not give a second thought about.  In fact, I think it is very impressive that this board remains so cordial, because I don't know if you've noticed, but cult movies like this tend to attract very strict adherents.

It's the same reason I don't patronize popular critics.  I don't care about ratings, I care about the discussion.

Once again, I love the "karma boost" as much as the next person.  But I think we've been doing it very well by respecting each other within our posts.  The nigh-unto arbitrary number underneath our profile seems superfluous and maybe even distracting.  I think what was meant to be a fun diversion may be approaching a reward/punishment system.  We're all adults here, let's talk.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »

Some of us cannot afford to take karma too seriously.   TongueOut

I will admit that I have looked at a poster's karma when I do not recognize the name, or when they are newer, and used it as some sort of measure of approval (presumably on the part of the more active established members).  They must be doing something right - right?

Aside from a niggling feeling that I had better do something about my post/karma ratio, my low karma keeps me humble - and lurking.  (Which of course IS counter-productive.  Lookingup )

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
venomx
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »

I think the Karma Point Idea you have Andrew is a good thing all the way.  Thumbup ... karma for you, Sir because of it.
Its just like a digital pat on the back like someone said.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 10:25:43 AM by venomx » Logged
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 12:24:35 PM »

somebody, help out a noob please. Where are these "applaud" & "boo/hiss" icons you speak of? I'm not seeing them. Is there some setting I need to change, or am I just not looking in the right place?

Oh, and I vote for having some sort of comments with the karma, or at least an indication of what post it was for.. I just got my first one, which is what prompted this query, and I don't know why (but I do appreciate it, whoever you were!)

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »

The applaud and boo/hiss will only appear under the names of other posters.  You cannot see them for yourself.

The Karma function mod still has not been updated for SMF, so it has not been installed.  Months ago, the creator said it would be updated in a few days.  I check every week or so and still no dice.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »

The applaud and boo/hiss will only appear under the names of other posters.  You cannot see them for yourself.

I know, but I don't see it on the other's posts either. You say it should be underneath their name? What does it look like? Sorry to be a pest but it just bugs me that I can't find it.. y'know, in case I ever want to give karma. Hey, it could happen.

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 02:05:35 PM »

I know, but I don't see it on the other's posts either. You say it should be underneath their name? What does it look like? Sorry to be a pest but it just bugs me that I can't find it.. y'know, in case I ever want to give karma. Hey, it could happen.

My apologies.  I was not paying attention.  To prevent simple abuse by phantoms, I put a rule in place that someone requires a certain number of posts before they can leave karma.  It is not terribly high, being just 10.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "karma points" biz... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.