Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:26:39 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPIDER-MAN 3 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: SPIDER-MAN 3  (Read 21218 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 05, 2007, 04:48:09 PM »

Saw it today.  Sam Raimi does it again.  Hugely entertaining, with a fabulous battle at the end.  Bruce Campbell has a hilarious role as a maitre d in a French restaurant (he reminded me of John Cleese in several Monty Python skits).  Stan Lee shows up again, to help you remember where this all started.   Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 05:12:26 PM »

I thought Spider-man 3 was better than the first 2, but that's not saying much. I didn't really like the first 2.

In this movie an alien parasite comes to earth and infects Peter Parker. In my opinion the parasite made a vast improvement on Parker. He became a much more realistic character.

Then there's the sandman. A cool character, but somewhat inconsistant. One minute he's the size of a regular man, and the next minute he's the size of King Kong.

and lastly, there's the Green Goblin's son. How does a guy die several times in one movie and then keep coming back to life?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 10:28:25 PM by Him » Logged
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:56:11 PM »

Probably should have been put in the good movie board but who cares?

I love this movie, I really do but Spider-Man 2 is my personal favorite of the three.

It's been a while since I've wanted to re-watch a movie in the theater.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »

Then there's the sandman. A cool character, but somewhat inconsistant. One minute he's the size of a regular man, and the next minute he's the size of King Kong.

Well, his mass varied with the amount of sand around him. Before the attack on the armored car, he injected himself into the back of a trailer full of sand, hence why he was much larger. In the end, same thing, as he became the sand/dirt/whatever of the construction site.

What I wanna know is (a) if he can mold his body to his preference, why not just change his appearance all together? It might be easier to be a fugitive if you don't actually look like the guy on your wanted posters. (b) How was he able to shed tears? From what I can understand, he was made entirely out of sand particles, so where'd the moisture for those dewy eyes come from?

Otherwise, I really dug the movie and the theater couldn't stop laughing at Bruce Campbell's (thanfully) extended part in this one.  BounceGiggle

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 09:07:06 PM »

Don't forget good ol' loyal-as-a-dog Ted Raimi's bit.  He always gets the lowliest parts.  Haha.  I cheered when he came on and the teenagers making out to my left stopped, momentarily, and looked at me like I was crazy.  Oh well.

++josh;
venomx
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 10:55:16 PM »

What the ... who made this movie? I love Venom I have the symbiote shirt, models, cups, posters ... Oh and Venom is going to be on the big screen I cant wait !!! ... *SPOILER* ... I had seen it tonight It sucks. Its for kids. Venom looks like Venom for like 1 min in the whole damm movie. What a let down for me that is. And Green Goblin's son is such a geek. Spiderman cant kill the symbiote Venom what the hell. Topher Grace as Venom was a bad call too. Also Im sick of Tobey Maguire crying like a B@#%$. Boo $#@#%#@ Hoo. Hahaha what a JOKE. Also when Tobey Maguire was turning bad from the symbiote he looked so damm funny kinda like a skateboard punk. Sam Raimi read the damm comics or watch the cartoons before you even make more movies again. Please!
You dont know how bad I wanted Venom to rip the flesh right off of Spiderman's crying face !
EDIT - Topher Grace did play his part good. But thats not the way it was in the comics or the cartoons.
So If you like VENOM like I do you will be let down hard trust me. To : Sam Raimi thanks for making Venom look so weak.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 12:43:10 PM by venomx » Logged
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 04:34:32 AM »

What the ... who made this movie? I love Venom I have the symbiote shirt, models, cups, posters ... Oh and Venom is going to be on the big screen I cant wait !!! ... spoiler ... I seen it tonight It sucks. Its for kids. Venom looks like Venom for like 1 min in the whole damm movie. What a let down for me that is. And Green Goblin's son is such geek. Look, really Spiderman cant kill the symbiote Venom. Topher Grace as Venom was a bad call too. Also Im sick of Tobey Maguire crying like a B@#%$. Boo $#@#%#@ Hoo. Hahaha
You dont know how bad I wanted Venom to rip the flesh right off of Spiderman's face !

(slaps forehead) i agree venom didnt get enough screen time but topher played him well. sam raimi wasnt going to do venom but it was suggested by (i forget who) to put venom in there.
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 05:40:24 AM »

I was going to see this today, but my friend saw it yesterday and warned me off of it until it hits the dollar theater.  He and I usually agree on movies but, I may go catch it today anyway.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 11:19:22 AM »

sam raimi wasnt going to do venom but it was suggested by (i forget who) to put venom in there.

The invention of Venom is a great, albeit overly-dramatic, way to show Peter Parker's means of handling power and fame.  In the comic series it is the point where Peter Parker begins to fully realize just what being Spiderman means.  Personal growth.  Haha.

*SPOILER*
Of course, I've never been a big fan of Venom either and I can understand why he was killed off.  Too many damn spiders for one small franchise.   TeddyR

++josh;
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 01:14:38 PM »

*SPOILER*
Of course, I've never been a big fan of Venom either and I can understand why he was killed off.  Too many damn spiders for one small franchise.   TeddyR

You mean in the movie or in the comics? Movie-wise you know he's not dead, because there's no way one of Harry's pumpkin bombs (which did little more than melt the side of his face upon exploding right next to him) managed to turn Brock and the symbiote into a small pile of burning gunk. Meanwhile, in the comics, though Eddie Brock has been diagnosed with cancer, the symbiote currently resides with Max Gargan, the guy who was the Scorpion for 40 or so years first and is now an active member of the government controlled Thunderbolts team.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 02:41:17 PM »

Movie-wise you know he's not dead, because there's no way one of Harry's pumpkin bombs (which did little more than melt the side of his face upon exploding right next to him) managed to turn Brock and the symbiote into a small pile of burning gunk.

Yeah, come to think of it I was speaking prematurely.  There is no precedent in the annals of film to suggest that a character dying means they are actually dead.  Although I do recall seeing Topher's ribcage turn to dust in that explosion.  Personally I feel that if Raimi continues making the Spiderman movies Venom will stay dead, because as I stated before, the narrow focus of the films doesn't leave much room for multiple spiderish things.  Filmgoers are too easily confused.  Especially the filmgoers that only turn out for movies with big explosions.  Lookingup

Of course, I didn't mean for my comments on the film to have any implications on the merits or direction of the comics.  That is a completely different realm and it is easy enough to keep things separated.

++josh;
venomx
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 03:57:21 PM »

It is easy to keep things separated. Movies Comics Cartoons. But when a Director makes a movie so different from the original character that I know it sucks. I dont even want to see it again. *SPOILER* Did you know Venoms name was not even muttered in the movie once? A pumpkin bomb kills Venom. What the hell !? ... tagline - A strange black entity? whats that lol? ... anyway ... Sandman was cool Im happy with that part but PLEASE Tobey Maguire keep the mask on your face you look like a corn ball with it half ripped off just rip the rest off next time. look Im just mad because my character Venom looked like a B#@%$ in this movie. Venom is stronger then any character in any Spiderman the movies. Venoms physical power is off the chart. But not in this movie. You know what ... This reminds me of Super Mario bros. the movie. why you ask? Mario the game? whats that? lets make a movie about it then. The Director was on some kind of bad drugs hahahaha. To the Directors - Please research on your characters next time! I mean look what they did to HULK and Street Fighter the movie. Hollywood please get some new Directors this is why sales drop so fast.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 05:34:08 PM by venomx » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »

*SPOILER*

You mean in the movie or in the comics? Movie-wise you know he's not dead, because there's no way one of Harry's pumpkin bombs (which did little more than melt the side of his face upon exploding right next to him) managed to turn Brock and the symbiote into a small pile of burning gunk. Meanwhile, in the comics, though Eddie Brock has been diagnosed with cancer, the symbiote currently resides with Max Gargan, the guy who was the Scorpion for 40 or so years first and is now an active member of the government controlled Thunderbolts team.

Apparently, they've been hinting about the Symbiote and Brock getting back together.  One can only hope, as the the current Venom is incredibly lame.
Torgo

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 05:59:27 PM »

Don't forget good ol' loyal-as-a-dog Ted Raimi's bit.  He always gets the lowliest parts.  Haha.  I cheered when he came on and the teenagers making out to my left stopped, momentarily, and looked at me like I was crazy.  Oh well.

Have you seen The Man With The Screaming Brain yet?  Ted Raimi has a starring role in that one. While not a good movie by any means, it's entertaining and a must for fans of Ted Raimi Bruce Campbell.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 06:01:28 PM »

BTW, I give Spiderman III  a 7 out of 10. 

It's not quite as good the 1st movie and not nearly as good as the second, but I was entertained.

They had enough damn plot threads to fill 3 movies and I hated how little Venom was in the movie and really can't see how they'll bring him back due to what happens.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 06:08:36 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPIDER-MAN 3 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.