Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:45 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPIDER-MAN 3 « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: SPIDER-MAN 3  (Read 21213 times)
venomx
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:18 PM »

I found this photo of Sam Raimi on the net. It makes me very very happy to look at it. Im gona frame it up right now !!!

This is for you VENOM.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:14:05 PM by venomx » Logged
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2007, 01:17:41 PM »

Whoa! Relax VenomX! Hahahaha. I realize your animosity towards Sam and his treatment of Venom (who he originally did not want in the film for various reasons), but c'mon, you can't expect this guy to follow the comics exactly do you? I can go on and on about all the changes Sam has made to the Spider-Man mythology and storyline in all three films (much like all the complaining comic book nerds that were huddled outside the theater after the midnight screening of Spider-Man 3 that I went to), but what's the point? Despite the changes he's made, he has truly made some fun and compelling superhero films. I agree that Venom doesn't nearly get enough screentime and is introduced far too late in the film before getting incinerated, but have a little faith. Dr. Curt "Reptile" Connors still has that lil bit of symbiote suit in a glass jar in his office. ;-)

Personally I really enjoyed "Spider-Man 3" despite amazing amounts of cheezy moments (some of which are mentioned in another Spider-Man 3 forum topic in GOOD MOVIES) and I'm actually taking my mother to see it for Mother's Day on Sunday (her idea not mine, believe it or not!).  My mom is cool!!! TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
venomx
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »

Yeah I guess your right. I do need to relax. I guess thats gona be Carnage in that jar. Like you said but what's the point? Your right It will not help to hate Sam He will never know how I feel.

Jordan - here is some Karma for you because of your avatar that was an arena fight ... Master of the Flying Guillotine. Good movie!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:08:04 PM by venomx » Logged
Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2007, 09:45:53 PM »

I'm looking forward to this one, i been a fan of Thomas Hayden Church since his doofy mechanic days on the tv show "Wings" TeddyR and from the clips i seen he does the Sandman justice.

I stopped getting riled awhile ago over films that don't follow the comics or regular books continuity because they simply can't, the film has to fit in a specific timeframe and has to be general enough to appeal to many different people some of whom don't read the comics or the book, It would have been too much to undertake to give Venoms real origin due to the whole "Secret Wars,Beyonder,thing".

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »

VenomX thanks for the Karma! "Master of the Flying Guillotine" is a crazy movie and I need to buy it the next time I come across the DVD. I caught it on KUNG-FU HD at my girlfriend's house one night and made her watch it with me. Just a brilliant, brilliant martial arts flick. LOL! (Note: I just changed my avatar to Anguirus. Needed a change of scenery and all. ;-)

Yeah, my buddy Chris and I discussed the possiblity of Carnage in the fourth installment. That'd be crazy cool! But would they even attempt to bring in all those heroes and villains on each side? Personally, I'd like to see Spidey go up against his six-armed doppelganger!  Wink

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
venomx
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2007, 11:07:07 PM »

Anguirus works too. I read Toho said a possiblity of Godzilla vs Gamera but there is other projects 1st in line. I want to see this movie if its real someday! But I just cant wait till Castlevania hits the movies in 2009! and yes Master of the Flying Guillotine is a crazy good movie so is Gods of Wutang and The Five Deadly Venoms. Also theres a rumor Tobey "cry baby cant keep his mask intact ever" Maguire said no more SPIDER-MAN movies for him.  , Carnage in the fourth installment? well I guess that sounds right. But what will Sam Raimi do to poor Carnage? maybe make him weak with a blue mask? o well ... what's the point. More movie rumors , Jaws 5 ... something about 5 sharks this time something like that. What I want to see ... Godzilla vs Gamera , Castlevania , AVP 2 , Freddy vs Jason 2 maybe with Ash that sounds so cool *if its real*. and no more SPIDER-MAN movies  Thumbup
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 11:26:00 PM by venomx » Logged
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 11:26:10 PM »

I'm looking forward to this one, i been a fan of Thomas Hayden Church since his doofy mechanic days on the tv show "Wings" TeddyR and from the clips i seen he does the Sandman justice.

Ha ha, guess what, I just got Topher Grace and Church mixed up. I got ready to respond with "WHOA WHOA WHOA! Church played the slow witted mechanic from wings!? How'd he get younger?"

Fortunately I realized my mistake and now can go "Yeah I can see Church playing Lowell."

And I'd say he does Sandman justice.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Torgo

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2007, 07:42:44 PM »

I found this photo of Sam Raimi on the net. It makes me very very happy to look at it. Im gona frame it up right now !!!

This is for you VENOM.

He has always cracked me up. I saw on  the web one time some home movie made way back when that had Sam Raimi, his brother Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell cutting up and doing impersonations of the 3 stooges schtick.

It was too funny.

Ted Raimi is a criminally underused comedic actor IMO.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2007, 02:01:18 AM »

i saw bootlegged copy for this downtown.  Is it the kind of movie you have to see in theatre?

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2007, 06:27:33 AM »

Good point Im not saying your wrong. But balance? Why did Sam Raimi even put Venom in it then right? ... Like you said Godzilla in a Mummy movie lets make Godzilla small and weak ... no you cant do that to Godzilla. But I see your point with balance. well Sam Raimi enjoy the good life after making your flim for 10 yr olds and people that dont even know what a symbiote is ... it sucks to me anyway as a big Venom fan. Let me be the Director for the next movie if there is one. Then I will show Fair balance when ManSpider I mean Spiderman takes on true Carnage   I need to stop I think I like Venom a little too much lol. Im gona go watch Super Mario Bros the movie now to get my mind off of this ... That was a Joke much like the pumpkin bomb killing an overwhelmingly powerful Venom.

"I like being bad! It makes me happy!"

Raimi only read the comics in the 60's and 70's he didnt know of venom. he only put venom in the movie because fans wanted him. the symbiote storyline is so goddamn long and i think he adapted well and did had to do, it was simply too much story so he shortened it up and it still was plausible in my book i mean thats what it basically is in a nutshell- symbiote lands on earth, gets on spidey, gets off spidey, goes on brock, venom is born. stop b***hing and moaning about it cause it cant be unfilmed so let it go. the only thing i agree on is that they under used venom, i love him as a character but it is what it is, at least i got to see him on screen. another thing when venom first appeared he wasnt 8 times the size of spiderman and he didnt have the huge tounge with all the drool, he was pretty spot on from the comics in the movie, mabey a little less bulky but thats all.

spider man 3

first appearance 1988

and i dont know what movie you saw but venom f**ked spider-man up big time, what did you expect spider-man to die? again the onlyreal flaw is lack of use of the character.

Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 06:41:45 AM »

Also Im not a Hardcore Fanboy I just sound like one lol I just really like Venoms dark evil look and the symbiotes real story thats all.

then why are you getting so sensitive for a character you dont give a s**t about? you have fan boy written all over you. what the hell is that supposed to mean "real story"? the astronaut that mary jane was supposed to marry picks up the symbiote from a mission on the planet(forget which one) and somehow on the way back the shuttle crashes and spiderman goes to save the day, the symbiote gets out of the capsule of in which it was collected, gets on spider man then he becomes black spidey and bad ass, then he sees its ruining his life and he needs to get rid of it. a bell in a church tower gets is off it falls on brock he becomes venom, venom is captured and placed next to kletus kassidy in a cell some of brocks symbiote goes onto kassidy  making him carnage and the rest is history.

the only real change is the how the symbiote got onto earth. in order to do the whole astronaut thing i guess raimi felt it wold be even more story to cram in because of mary jane and the astronaut guy plus the whole going into space and collecting it. i mean i can see where hes coming from if thats the case it would be alot more, so he changed it a little. the main thing is that it got to earth and got onto to spidey and thats it.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 09:11:38 AM »

Actually Joe, what you just described is the cartoon's origin for the symbiote, not the comic book's. The comic book's original idea would definitely have been way too difficult to do for the movie, but my friend and I both agree that it wouldn't have been too hard to work the cartoon origin you just mentioned into the movie... with an exception for the budget required and maybe a few additional minutes of running time required to do so. The problem I had with the movie version wasn't that it doesn't stick true to the comics (if I had a problem with that, I wouldn't have liked either of the two movies before it either), but that the concept of the small meteor carrying the symbiote careening toward a planet the size of Earth and just so happens to land not 20 yards away from where Spider-Man just happens to be getting an hj from MJ (seriously, watch it again and try to tell me where her right hand is while they're lying there in the web!) is the astronomically improbable part. This is the part where, even if you didn't know from trade talk that Sam Raimi didn't want Venom in the movie, you could pretty much figure out. Not that I'm saying Raimi's an ass for this reason, I'm just saying it's apparent.

Also, though I just said that I don't care if the movie follows the comics at all, why not simply give the symbiote it's origin from the Ultimate Spider-Man series? It was created synthetically in a lab as a way to treat burn victims... or cancer patients... I didn't really read it, I just did a quick search online for the info... either way, if you'd drop Parker's dad from the storyline and maybe stuck with introducing Brock the way it was done in the movie, that could've been done easily enough, would've made more sense and would've appeased at least some of the fanboys (of which I am proudly one).

As for Venom's size, Joe is also correct in saying that the original Venom wasn't the Hulk sized steroid case he became later on to make him more menacing. Additionally, Eddie Brock in the movie was designed to be a foil for Peter: gunning for the same job, getting ready to marry his favorite girl (albeit entirely in his head of course...), thinking he's on top of the world, etc. Obviously Raimi wanted to go for the "two sides of the same coin" thing and show Brock as an alternate universe Peter Parker who wasn't shy and didn't have the morality and honesty given to him by someone like Pete's Uncle Ben. Since the symbiote only enhances what's already there, and movie Eddie was no bigger than Peter, it makes sense that movie Venom wouldn't be the hulking mass of doom comic readers might have suspected.

*gasp* that's the last time I try typing that all in one breath...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
venomx
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2007, 11:58:25 AM »

Whoa Kid! I know your not talking to me like that Joe. You need to relax right now. I can say anything I want about Venom from Spiderman 3 here at Badmovies.org Forum. Its a god dam topic ! PLEASE Grow the hell up. and get a Girlfriend and a real life!
NOW go cook dinner! for your husband Sam Raimi.  hahahhhaha Your a dam JOKE JOE. Its real funny how it upset you that I like Venom so much Why you even care? and dont try to digital fight in me in this Forum thats a joke too Im not even gona waste anymore time on someone like you sorry a$$ punk! Dont ever tell me to stop b***hing and moaning. I have the Freedom of speech! I dont ever put anyone in this forum down. Who the hell do you think you are? you have BIG GIRL written all over you. and your additude stinks. pheeew , yeah go ahead and reply boo F$%#$#@ Hoo You think I care Joe?

Now back to the Spiderman 3 topic , sorry about that people. - Lite work.
Also Nice post tombofanubisdotcom. You where nice and very professional about it all. Karma 4 You.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:01:04 PM by venomx » Logged
Torgo

« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2007, 10:41:16 PM »

Well, the movie dropped down to 60 million this past weekend but it's already at around 242 million.

Should be interesting to see how it fares with Shrek the Third (liked the 1st, hated the 2nd, could care less about the 3rd) coming out this Friday and then POTC 3 (liked the 1st, didn't care for the 2nd but the 3rd could be a knock out of the park) the following week.

Torgo

« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2007, 10:44:29 PM »

i saw bootlegged copy for this downtown.  Is it the kind of movie you have to see in theatre?

I would see it at least once on the big screen.

I knew a few people who saw it on a giant IMAX screen, and they said that's the ultimate way to see it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SPIDER-MAN 3 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.