Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:52:08 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest Cult Film That No One Has Ever Seen? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Greatest Cult Film That No One Has Ever Seen?  (Read 21706 times)
SaintMort
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 05, 2007, 05:37:52 PM »

I recently read a review on a personal favorite film of mine Alex Winter and Tom Stern's "Freaked". For those of you who don't remember freaked... it's a movie version of MTV's AWESOME SHOW Idiot Box.

Entertainment Weekly called it "The Greatest Cult Classic That No One Has Ever Seen"... that seems about right?

What are some other films that have cult classic potentionality but just haven't gotten out there for one reason or anything?

For me I'd put Some Indie Favorites out there like "Dear Wendy", "Brick", and "Chumscrubber" not to mention the gross out comedy "Slackers"
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 07:55:49 PM »

(Expanded from my just posted addition to the "What 50 Films Need to be on DVD" thread)

NIGHT OF THE DEMON (1980) THe ultimate killer bigfoot movie! Banned in England!

Bigfoot rips a biker's dick off onscreen and in closeup (blood spurts from his crotch as he staggers around), rips a fisherman's arm off, rapes a mentally retarded hillbilly named "Crazy Wanda" and gets her pregnant, swings a guy in a sleeping bag around and around and impales him on a tree branch, and forces two girl scouts to stab each other to death with their scout knives! Also contains several flashbacks within flashbacks within flashbacks. There's also a cult of hillbillies who worship Bigfoot and bring him local virgins to rape.

The only movie I've seen where the opening credits roll over a blood-filled bigfoot foot print.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 08:00:47 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 10:14:15 PM »

I recently read a review on a personal favorite film of mine Alex Winter and Tom Stern's "Freaked". For those of you who don't remember freaked... it's a movie version of MTV's AWESOME SHOW Idiot Box.

Entertainment Weekly called it "The Greatest Cult Classic That No One Has Ever Seen"... that seems about right?

What are some other films that have cult classic potentionality but just haven't gotten out there for one reason or anything?

For me I'd put Some Indie Favorites out there like "Dear Wendy", "Brick", and "Chumscrubber" not to mention the gross out comedy "Slackers"

See, Freaked is a film that quite a bit of people have seen...atleast in my experience.  It's one of those films that when explained to someone, they look at you like you are crazy.  Once you show them the first five minutes, the normal reaction is "Hey, I saw this on HBO years ago!".  I've had that happen numerous times.

Raffine,

I must own a copy of that film now.  Ebay, here I come!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 10:54:42 PM »

I think my favorite "movie that no one else has seen" isn't the cheesy fare that I usually fall for, but Luc Besson's 1983 post-apocalyptic b&w flick The Final Combat. I have to give it up for a movie with absolutely no dialogue that still keeps me not only interested, but savagely entertained. A little VHS gem I first discovered in the dusty recesses of my favorite mom & pop video rental establishment shortly before they closed down in the wake of the world's progression to an all DVD society. I miss that place, and my only regret is thinking of all the other great unknown titles that I'll probably never see now that they're gone...  Bluesad

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »

Here's where I got my uncut (except that biker! BounceGiggle) copy of NIGHT OF THE DEMON:

http://www.revengeismydestiny.com/index.htm

SHOCKING VIDEOS! is one of the best resources for obscure titles I've seen, and check out those genre categories like "AMERICAN TRASH" "NUNSPLOITATION" "AUSSIE TRASH" and "PEPLUMANIA"( Question).

It can take quite a while to get your order, but the guy who runs the site explains why in very clear and easy to understand language on the "ABOUT US" page.  Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 07:56:04 PM »

(Expanded from my just posted addition to the "What 50 Films Need to be on DVD" thread)

Bigfoot rips a biker's dick off onscreen and in closeup (blood spurts from his crotch as he staggers around), rips a fisherman's arm off, rapes a mentally retarded hillbilly named "Crazy Wanda" and gets her pregnant, swings a guy in a sleeping bag around and around and impales him on a tree branch, and forces two girl scouts to stab each other to death with their scout knives! Also contains several flashbacks within flashbacks within flashbacks. There's also a cult of hillbillies who worship Bigfoot and bring him local virgins to rape.

The only movie I've seen where the opening credits roll over a blood-filled bigfoot foot print.
Seen it.  Back in my rent-everything-in-the-video-store-days.  We laughed! and grimaced! 

Anybody see THE FURIES (1950) with Barbara Stanwyck, Walter Huston, Wendell Corey, Dame Judith Anderson and Gilbert Roland???  Rarely shown and unavailable for sale, including unjust lynching, family betrayal, scissor throwing tantrum, and a "dainty" derringer, how that fun-filled fantastic over-the-top potboiler is NOT a cult classic is beyond me!   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »

Criterion has finally released Sweet Movie on DVD.  It falls along the outrage-the-audience (but make it artsy so nobody can be the wiser) exploitation lines of Andy Warhol, Luis Buñuel, Alejandro Jodorowsky, (maybe even Jess Franco?).  Think Fellini with a vengeance!  From start to finish everything is symbolic and surreal, and there are mutes, midgets, golden penises, pedophiles selling candy from a boat, song and dance numbers.  It has all the trappings of a cult classic, yet I've never had an actual conversation with anybody who has seen it.

++josh;
zombiedudeman
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »

that movie is awesome, it was so awesome I uploaded a clip of it on youtube a long time ago

Small | Large
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2007, 07:52:26 PM »

TRUTH or DARE - A Critical Madness(1986)- dir./w/pr/ by Tim Ritter. 
 I first saw this on a rental in the early ninties....WOW! Basically, a no budget film,but fun as hell. Some poor shmuck catchs his old lady screwing around on him and goes crazy...he meets some weird chick who then plays a bloody game of  Truth or Dare. He ends up in the funny farm and plays truth or dare with the other loony's one who blows his own head off with a grenade(how do you get a grenade in the cracker factory,anyway?) He ecscapes,wearing a cooper mask,kinda like on the cover of theold  Quiet Riot album covers! He kills babys,old people with a machine gun,a kid with a chainsaw,and even runs over a baby in a carriage! The whole thing is an insane bloody mess...but almost hilarously funny!
  Two sequels(!!!) followed,neither that iv'e seen called TorD2-WICKED GAMES,and TorD3-SCREAMING for SANITY.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

I've never seen the sequels, but I second RCMerchant's comments on Truth or Dare.  That is indeed an entertaining film that seemed to come from nowhere.

++josh;
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »

that movie is awesome, it was so awesome I uploaded a clip of it on youtube a long time ago

Ha! That clip managed to show some priceless bigfoot mayhem I didn't even mention.  Cheers

Pulling the guy's guts out and swinging 'em around his head is pretty much what I figured bigfoot would have done to me if he'd caught me in those woods behind my parent's house, despite all the "Benevolent Bigfoot" propaganda in movies back then.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2007, 11:32:43 PM »

Sorry, I thought this was going to be about "lost" cult classics (like the Lon Chaney film London After Midnight) or films rarely seen due to legal hangups or such (like the Jerry Lewis Holocaust film The Day the Clown Cried).

The best one I can think of off the top of my head would be the uncut verson of The Klansman starring Lee Marvin, Richard Burton, and OJ Simpson. Just a nasty hateful film with three rapes scenes, racist dialogue that makes your skin crawl, and lurid over the top violence that just screams 70s. There are plenty of cut versions floating around from the cheap tape days. But I rarely encounter anyone IRL who's heard of it, much less seen it. When I point out all the things in the film involving OJ that give the movie a weird after the fact dark humor, people crack up and want to see it. I have a cut version on tape, but I saw it uncut on the local independent/Fox station years ago when they would air uncut movies in the late night "safe harbor" hours.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2007, 05:12:49 AM »

Sorry, I thought this was going to be about "lost" cult classics (like the Lon Chaney film London After Midnight) or films rarely seen due to legal hangups or such (like the Jerry Lewis Holocaust film The Day the Clown Cried).

The best one I can think of off the top of my head would be the uncut verson of The Klansman starring Lee Marvin, Richard Burton, and OJ Simpson. Just a nasty hateful film with three rapes scenes, racist dialogue that makes your skin crawl, and lurid over the top violence that just screams 70s. There are plenty of cut versions floating around from the cheap tape days. But I rarely encounter anyone IRL who's heard of it, much less seen it. When I point out all the things in the film involving OJ that give the movie a weird after the fact dark humor, people crack up and want to see it. I have a cut version on tape, but I saw it uncut on the local independent/Fox station years ago when they would air uncut movies in the late night "safe harbor" hours.

The KLANSMAN with OJ??? DAM!! I saw this at the flea market on vhs a month or so ago...and bought some kung fu tapes instead-boot,boot-that's the sound of me kicking myself in the a$$)...
 As for LOST classics...saw this on youtube a while back-now the 1920 version of the GOLEM was discovered in the 60's sometime,but they found a print of the 1914 version ! I would LOVE to see the whole thing...but I got this little teaser off youtube...

Small | Large

Perhaps there is still hope in finding LONDON AFTER MIDNIGHT or FW Muranu's DER JANUSKOPH ( with Conrad Veidt as Jekyll and Hyde and Bela Lugosi as his butler!).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2007, 06:07:27 AM »

i own it and alot of people, to my surpise, have seen it or at least have heard about it. most of my collection they have never heard of though. as far as cult movies are concerned entertainment weekly doesnt know dick IMO, only the more famous ones such as freaked and evil dead. i mean doesnt that not make them cult classics anymore? cause now everyone knows about them, or mabey im just talking out of my ass, its early and im grumpy.
Joe
Bad Movie Lover

What are you afraid of? It's only rock n' roll.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 06:19:53 AM »

Here's where I got my uncut (except that biker! ) copy of NIGHT OF THE DEMON:

From the site:
This Hair Beast not only rapes women, he also rips a biker’s dick off while he’s taking a p**s, forces two knife-wielding Girl Scouts to stab each other to death, tears a guy in half and flings his guts around and more, more, more! You know you’re in for a good time when the opening credits roll over a bleeding arm stump!

it says its on there, and if it isnt like you say well then that sucks. i hate that its so hard to find fully uncut versions of movies im still questioning my "uncut" evil speak dvd.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Greatest Cult Film That No One Has Ever Seen? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.