Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:52:40 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange Eating Habits « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Strange Eating Habits  (Read 26279 times)
Susan
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 09:47:31 PM »

I have been known to use mashed potatoes as a dipping sauce for potato chips.  Personally I feel you can never get enough starch.  Wink

That reminds me of something else I do. Whenever i have potato wedges or homestyle fries at a restaurant i like to dip them in my mashed potatoes TeddyR
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 03:37:40 AM »

Smile I am another person who hated my food being mixed: I wanted to see what was nice and what was yucky. I would eat the tasty stuff first and force down the greens later. Sweetcorn and mealies (corn-on-the-cob) still make me want to projectile vomit.

I normally gross people out big time when I order a pizza ~ I ask for flies and stinkbugs as a special topping.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »

So far nothing in this thread has made me too worried.

French fries in ice-cream is a classic, so no wierdness there.  Same with peas on mash potatoes or pepper on hot chips...

As for my own 'I think that's wierd' moment.  Quite a few people always wondered why I ate a sausage roll inside another roll.  The best for me was a cheese and tomato roll from the bakery [basically a flat-ish round roll with cheese and tomato paste plus herbs for those not in teh know] and I'd put the sausage roll in there with some tommy-sauce [ketchup] and voila!  Great lunchtime snack.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Katie
B-Movie Widow
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2007, 06:41:04 AM »

If you like mystery meat, give Scrapple a try.  Don't read what's in it just fry it up nice and crispy, add a little ketchup, and enjoy.
P.S. Spam is celebrating a birthday!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »

When I was a kid, I'd make a meal out of canned gravy and meatballs combined with Green Peas.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »

People have pointed out to me that not everything makes a good sandwich.  I couldn't disagree with that sentiment more strongly.  I frequently make sandwiches out of anything leftover in the fridge: rice, pasta, soup, BBQ, etc.  Bread is a wonderful invention.  Haha.  And as an added bonus, it makes everything something I can eat with my hands.

++josh;
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2007, 09:54:40 PM »

Okay, I'm late to the discussion, but here's my contributions:

I love potato chips and chocolate. The chocolate can be in bar form or in a brownie or some such, but the salty/sweet combination that has been mentioned works for me. I rarely eat chocolate otherwise, but I tend to crave it with potato chips.

One of my favorite "meals" is salty french fries and a vanilla malt. I guess that equates with the "fries with ice cream" that has been mentioned.

I also like pepper on my fries. I never realized that was at all strange. Plus it keeps my wife and daughter (who hate pepper) from stealing my fries. I am particular about my fry dip, though. I prefer mayo on my fries overall (which I've heard is the norm in some parts of Europe), but not on McDonald's or Whataburger fries (I don't like anything on them). On Wendy's fries, I like ketchup.

I've joined the younger crowd around here in eating my pizza with ranch dressing, if that's considered odd anymore. A woman I know from Brazil says the norm there is to eat pizza with ketchup. That just doesn't work for me.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2007, 12:24:09 AM »

Speaking of pepper...
I put it on pizza all the time.

It has to be coarse ground pepper.
Not that dust stuff Susan mentioned.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »

I found out I had high cholesterol and actually changed to eating a well balanced diet.  Still I cheat one day a week.  Heres my oddities;

1.) I do the whole fries in mayo thing. 
2.) Burgers I'm very particular on.  Every restaurant is different.  Example, i like a plain cheeseburger from Burger King and the ketchup can NOT be on the burger.  However I dip the burger in ketchup from the little packets.  Other places, mayo is a must.  Only at those places though.
3.) I make my own hot pepper from dried hot chilis and I put that on a lot of stuff including fries. 
4.) People make fun of me because I still enjoy fruit snacks.  I play into it by getting the most ridiculous ones I can find. (Disney Princesses was the worst one I ever got).
5.)
Smile I am another person who hated my food being mixed:
  I'm with you there. 
6.) Onions I LOVE on their own or in onion ring form but hardly with anything else. 
7.) I like tons of black pepper in my chicken salad.  To the point of sneezing uncontrobly when I make it. 

Thats all I can think of for now. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
hellbilly
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »

Interesting thread. I never tried fries with ice cream before but I will next time I go to McD or BK.

I don't really have that many strange eating habits:

I like to dip potato chips in Nutella.
I always puree tuna with a stick mixer. It tastes better creamy.
I hardly ever drink soda without a straw.

Green olives and artichokes are a must on my pizza. And I eat pesto with about everything, always have a few glasses stocked in the cupboard.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 01:47:55 PM »

My grandfather used to put mustard in porridge.  Smile

Pilgermann

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »

I don't think I eat anything too weird, but I love to eat cottage cheese topped with applesauce and I sometimes sprinkle some cinnamon on it.  I figure it's not too odd since people eat it with canned sliced peaches all the time.

Whenever I have Spam in my possession I've started to make what I refer to as a "Redneck Reuben".  I fry up a few thin (by Spam standards) slices of Spam, toast some white or wheat bread, put the Spam on it with hot sauerkraut and I use "fancy sauce" instead of Thousand Island dressing.  Swiss cheese is optional.

I also eat Campbell's chicken noodle soup (and a couple other Campbell's products) in condensed form.  I hate it with water added.  When I was a kid I used to eat canned soup or pasta at room temperature.  I'd just empty the can into a bowl and that was that. 

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »

I work with a chick who puts mayo on her pizza. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 08:42:56 PM »

i get fish sticks, sautated green onions, roast beef, fish, chicken breast, more beef, onions, shrimp, and crawfish together in a stew TeddyR yes, i can cook

yeah no.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2009, 12:31:39 AM »

I almost always eat all the side dishes before tackling the main course.  If I got a plate of chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, fries, Coke, etc. (I'm a big eater), even though I love chicken fried steak to death I will normally eat it last.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Strange Eating Habits « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.