Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:33:47 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MIA Websites « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MIA Websites  (Read 1837 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 06, 2007, 04:25:36 PM »

We have had past discussions about missing posters and some of them are still on my mind.  How about missing websites or even websites that no longer update?  The list does not have to be limited to b-movies sites.

The Bad Movie Report
Dr. Freex could always get me to laugh when he wrote about films.  Whether he enjoyed it, did not enjoy it, or was merely ruminating about some point or another during the review, I really liked his work.

William Girdler
When you think about it, this is an amazing site.  Abby created an entire website for the director who made "Grizzly" and "The Manitou" and she obviously cared a lot.  She wrote about the films, she tracked down the people, and what she made was a fansite for a director that I have never seen equaled.  If you want to know about Girdler - go here.  (I miss Patty updating this site, but understand she might have finally considered it "finished.")

B-Notes
Apostic is a wellspring of knowledge.  He would write reviews that contained lots of neat tidbits and thoughts.  He is still online, I see him quite often on the "What Was That Film" board on the IMDB.  It is scary how many times that posters find their movies because Apostic answers their thread.

The Unknown Movies
Greywizard reviewed a lot of obscure films.  He also had a very active letters section and that was almost entirely focused on helping people to find "lost" (What was that film?) movies or answer questions.  I think that Greywizard's careful attention and concern is what made me want to do the best job possible maintaining the "What Was That Film?" part of the forum.

There are others I used to visit, but they are gone.  One recent one, that seem to pop up, create some really cool reviews (both the writing and artistic layout), then disappear was Gangrene Widescreen.

I know that Mr. Briggs misses Phantasm Secrets, but there must be others.  What is your "I am sad they are gone or don't update" website?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:32:51 AM »

Kaiju Shakdeown (http://www.kaijushakedown.com/) was one of the best movie blogs

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:06:41 AM »

Late Nite Theater

http://www.geocities.com/latenitetheater/

I used to write reviews over there, but the owner seems to have stopped altogether.  Haven't talked to him in years so I don't know whats up.  Currently there aren't even any links to the reviews.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 03:03:49 PM »

Roger Cobb's House is another one I miss, they haven't updated since just about 5 years ago on the dot, when they distributed the 2002 release of HOUSE (with HOUSE II with the first 20,000 copies!). Sadly, they didn't care to continue with THE HORROR SHOW or HOUSE IV, and they didn't upload the scripts they planned to either. Bluesad

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MIA Websites « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.