Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:29:04 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Forum Performance « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Forum Performance  (Read 11762 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 07, 2007, 09:18:52 AM »

I made some changes to the forum's database this morning, with a goal of tweaking the performance.  Please let me know if you notice a difference (better or worse).  I will check the system via the logs and monitoring, but the real feedback from that is not until it is under load - when a lot of us are on and using it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:11:23 PM »

The only difference I've noticed is the button for the What Was That Film? section, which used to be colored red when no new posts were made is now gray. Everything else looks as it did before.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 04:56:46 PM »

The only difference I've noticed is the button for the What Was That Film? section, which used to be colored red when no new posts were made is now gray. Everything else looks as it did before.

That is odd.  It does not show that way for me, nor should it for anyone.  That makes it sound like the original "unread" button for this theme is showing.  I replaced that shortly after upgrading the board.  Maybe it is cached on your computer?  Clearing the cache and reloading the page might refresh it correctly.

Or does anyone else see gray buttons, vice red or yellow.  (The gumdrops, as Ash has described my graphics work.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

The button shows gray (looks like a steely marble) to me after viewing the forum. It does, however, only show gray if the child boards are showing yellow buttons in that forum.

This started after that last upgrade you did like two weeks or so ago.

Members with birthdays (apparently during the month of their birthday) will have their user names in yellow.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 06:25:06 PM »

The button shows gray (looks like a steely marble) to me after viewing the forum. It does, however, only show gray if the child boards are showing yellow buttons in that forum.

This started after that last upgrade you did like two weeks or so ago.

Members with birthdays (apparently during the month of their birthday) will have their user names in yellow.

That pinpointed the file for me.  It should now be the same yellow button.  Thank you.

B-Movie Webmasters will also show up with their user names in yellow.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:10:34 AM »

This is completely pointless, and quite useless, so there's no need to worry about it, but I was kind of curious.  I noticed that the 'local time' section in my profile is completely and utterly wrong by about 9 or so hours, 'in the future' [cue mysterious sounding voicee etc].  It's something I just noticed then as I messed around the forum, and it just seemed odd.

I'm not complaining at all, since who really cares, but have found that more and more websites, such as blogs etc, seem to be getting the times all out of whack.  I suppose the internet is growing so fast that it's speeding time up.

Anyways, don''t even bother looking into it but thought I'd make the comment all the same.

In case someone tells me I'm actually stuck in a time-loop and the outside world is moving on without me of course...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »

This is completely pointless, and quite useless, so there's no need to worry about it, but I was kind of curious.  I noticed that the 'local time' section in my profile is completely and utterly wrong by about 9 or so hours, 'in the future' [cue mysterious sounding voicee etc].  It's something I just noticed then as I messed around the forum, and it just seemed odd.

Dean,

There is a setting under your profile to set your forum time offset.  Click on the "PROFILE" button and go to your profile.  Then, from the little menu, pick "Look and Layout Preferences."  From there you can put in your time offset to make the clock accurate for you.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
dean

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »

Ah I see I see.

Cheers!  Now I feel like time is running as normal now, and I shall stop trying to break into the sixth dimension...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 06:37:44 AM »

I have not noticed any changes.

Looks good.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

That is odd.  It does not show that way for me, nor should it for anyone.  That makes it sound like the original "unread" button for this theme is showing.  I replaced that shortly after upgrading the board.  Maybe it is cached on your computer?  Clearing the cache and reloading the page might refresh it correctly.

Or does anyone else see gray buttons, vice red or yellow.  (The gumdrops, as Ash has described my graphics work.)

Ive seen the gray button a few times.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »

I keep getting a little red x where the icon for the "sticky topic" should be.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 09:02:45 PM »

I keep getting a little red x where the icon for the "sticky topic" should be.

Funny enough, I just finished fixing that before I saw your post.  I was checking the error logs and noticed it.

Ive seen the gray button a few times.

The gray globe should not be turning up any more.  If it is, try clearing your browser's cache (or temporary internet files).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 09:11:42 PM »

The gray globe should not be turning up any more.  If it is, try clearing your browser's cache (or temporary internet files).

And don't forget, KYGOTC, in order to clear the cache, you have to pick your computer up and shake it.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 09:38:41 PM »

And don't forget, KYGOTC, in order to clear the cache, you have to pick your computer up and shake it.

Hahaha! Menard, I dont know if that was supposed to be funny, or just another one of your atempts to FOIL me, but that made me laugh.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 11:39:25 PM »

I'm not getting the steely gray button any more.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Forum Performance « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.