Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:01:36 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  B-Movie Celebration (Convention - Indiana - August) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-Movie Celebration (Convention - Indiana - August)  (Read 7315 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 08, 2007, 09:06:11 PM »

www.bmoviecelebration.com

The First Annual B Movie Celebration to be held in Franklin Indiana August 17th to 19th
Introducing the B Movie Celebration We need your help

Franklin Indiana will be hosting the First Annual B Movie Celebration August 17th to 19th. We are asking for your help to get the word out.

The Celebration will feature screenings of over 50 classic B movies. We will also have personal appearances from such B Greats as  Special Effects Guru Tom Savini, B Director Jim Wynorski, Ed Wood Almuni Conrad Brooks. The highlight of the celebration will be the presentation of A Lifetime Achievment Award to The Mayor of Tromaville himself, Lloyd Kaufman.

Lloyd will be presenting a Troma retrospective at the historic ArtCraft Theater. As well we will be holding a B Movie Gala, Breakfast and a Movie and Drive In Movie In the Park....

We will also feature over 20 educational seminars dealing the art of the B film:

Topics will include:
Directing B Movies
Acting for B's
Music Composition
Director's Roundtable
Writing workshop

and many more....

As this is our first event, we need your help in getting the word out to the legions of B movie fans. This will be an annual event giving B Movies the exposure they so rightly deserve.

for further information please go to our website http://www.bmoviecelebration.com

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 04:23:44 AM »

Indiana? Real close by! COOL! My B-Day is 8/20...maybe I can get some way done their... a bus or someting...Iv'e never been to anything like a convention or such...just the local county fairs. Man...I would like to get Conrad Brooks autograph!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 08:10:12 AM »

Its no garentee, but Ill try my damnest to be there. It MIGHT overlap collage....

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pilgermann

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:07:49 PM »

That's pretty righteous!  I'm only about 90 minutes away, so I'm going to have to really consider going.  I'm surprised that the ticket prices really aren't very high for what they include.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:46:44 AM »

I cry myself to sleep every night because stuff like this never happens anywhere near here.....  Bluesad

B Movie Celebration
The Best That B's Have To Offer

Welcome to The First Annual B Movie Celebration
August 17th -19th 2007 Franklin, Indiana

Actually, it turns out there's a great reason to go to a sleepy college town south of Indianapolis in August. It's the first annual B-movie celebration, with films so fun they belong in their own category, like The Terror of Tiny Town . The festival also has B-movies that are just plain good. They're offering up two favorites in the sci-fi category. The Day the Earth Stood Still is the great-grand daddy of invasion movies, and Forbidden Planet is a fanciful retelling of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" in space. 

Over 60 Glorious B Movies Being Screened
Some of the great films we will be screening are:

Bride of Frankenstein 
Cat People 
Detour 
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe 
Terror Of Tiny Town 
White Zombie 
Attack of The 50 Foot Woman 
The Fly 
The Thing 
The Blob 
I Married A Monster 
The Day The Earth Stood Still 
I Was A Teenage Werewolf 
Forbidden Planet 
The Fall of the House of Usher 
The Devil Rides Out 
Man From Planet X 
Monster Island 
Night of the Living Dead 
Invasion of the Body Snatchers 
House on Haunted Hill 
Barbarella 
Plan 9 From Outer Space 
A Boy and His Dog 
Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride 
Eat My Dust 
Damnation Alley 
Death Race 2000 
The Guyver 
Hell Comes To FrogTown 
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra 
The Cars That Ate Paris 
Killer Clowns From Outer Space 
Puppet Master 
Rabid 
Re-Animator 
The Stuff 
Evil Dead 
Soylent Green 
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes 

Great Guests
We will be featuring great special guests like, Mr. Lobo, host of Cinema Insomnia, the always lovely Queen of Trash, Horror Director Jim O'Rear, Ed Wood Almuni, Conrad Brooks, Director Bobby Logan, Director of over 75 feature films Jim Wynorski and the always controversial Lloyd Kaufman from Troma Studios.

On top of that we will be featuring a Director's Roundtable discussion, Screenwriting with UK writer Ron Aberdeen, The $99 Dollar Film School with Bobby Logan, Scoring B Movies with Virgil FRanklin and much more.....

Buy Your Tickets Now
We will be also featuring an opening night gala with all our guests present,breakfast and a movie, our own drive-in theatre .

For more information please go to : www.bmoviecelebration.com
to purchase tickets: www.bmoviecelebration.com/tickets.html

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 07:42:41 PM »

More information, including an Adobe Acrobat pamphlet:

http://www.badmovies.org/common/forum/press/bmoviecelebration1.pdf

B Movie Celebration
The Best That B's Have To Offer

Welcome to The First Annual B Movie Celebration
August 17th -19th 2007 Franklin Indiana

Actually, it turns out there's a great reason to go to a sleepy college town south of Indianapolis in August. It's the first annual B-movie celebration, with films so fun they belong in their own category, like The Terror of Tiny Town . The festival also has B-movies that are just plain good. They're offering up two favorites in the sci-fi category. The Day the Earth Stood Still is the great-grand daddy of invasion movies, and Forbidden Planet is a fanciful retelling of Shakespeare's "The Tempest" in space.

Over 60 Glorious B Movies Being Screened
Some of the great films we will be screening are:

Bride of Frankenstein
Cat People
Detour
Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe
Terror Of Tiny Town
White Zombie
Attack of The 50 Foot Woman
The Fly
The Thing
The Blob
I Married A Monster
The Day The Earth Stood Still
I Was A Teenage Werewolf
Forbidden Planet
The Fall of the House of Usher
The Devil Rides Out
Man From Planet X
Monster Island
Night of the Living Dead
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
House on Haunted Hill
Barbarella
Plan 9 From Outer Space
A Boy and His Dog
Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride
Eat My Dust
Damnation Alley
Death Race 2000
The Guyver
Hell Comes To FrogTown
The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The Cars That Ate Paris
Killer Clowns From Outer Space
Puppet Master
Rabid
Re-Animator
The Stuff
Evil Dead
Soylent Green
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Great Guests
We will be featuring great special guests like, Mr. Lobo, host of Cinema Insomnia, the always lovely Queen of Trash, Horror Director Jim O'Rear, Ed Wood Almuni, Conrad Brooks, Director Bobby Logan, Director of over 75 feature films Jim Wynorski and the always controversial Lloyd Kaufman from Troma Studios.

On top of that we will be featuring a Director's Roundtable discussion, Screenwriting with UK writer Ron Aberdeen, The $99 Dollar Film School with Bobby Logan, Scoring B Movies with Virgil FRanklin and much more.....

Buy Your Tickets Now

We will be also featuring an opening night gala with all our guests present,breakfast and a movie, our own drive-in theatre .

For more information please go to : www.bmoviecelebration.com

to purchase tickets: www.bmoviecelebration.com/tickets.html

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 04:03:07 PM »

More information about the festival:

B Movies Invade Franklin Indiana
The B Movie Celebration

The Event

What do you get when you show over 60 classics B movies, then add seminars by the greatest practitioners of the B Cinema artform working today: Well, you get THE B MOVIE CELEBRATION. A celebration of all cinematic B things being held August 17th thru 19th in Franklin, Indiana, the garden spot of the Mid West.

The B Movie Celebration is an event unlike any other. Part film festival, part educational symposium and part circus. Over sixty classic B feature film films will be shown, including 'Forbidden Planet", "Night of The Living Dead" and "Death Race 2000". Appearing at The Celebration,will be Troma Studio founder Lloyd Kaufman, B Film Legend Jim Wynorski, Effects Guru Tom Savini and numerous other practitioners of the B movie art form.
Posted by on Sunday, 24 Jun 2007 01:00 AM ···
Great Films, Great Guests and Fun

What we wanted to do is created an enviroment where filmmakers and film fans could see great films, learn from great filmmakers and come away knowing a bit more about the legacy and passion behind B Movies" says Tom Barker,the technical producer behind The B Movie Celebration. "We really are are trying get across, we have great films , we have great guests and you will have great fun "
A Film Happening

This is not a film festival. It is a film happening. Joining people like Lloyd Kaufman, Tom Savini and Jim Wynorski will be Conrad Brooks, one of the original stars of Plan 9 From Outer Space, Midnight Movie Host Mr. Lobo, Horror Director Jim O'Rear. Veteran Hollywood director, Bobby Logan will also be on hand to teach his world renowned 1 Day $99 Film School.

Don Becker, of The B Movie Celebration, " What we want to build here is a tradition for Franklin, a tradition for the MidWest and a tradition for all fans of B Movies"
For Further Information

To purchase tickets or for further information please go to www.bmoviecelebration.com.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
quabrot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 03:53:47 AM »

Hopefully I can make this.  It's not a rediculous drive from Chicago, and I like what I see on the movie list.  I'm just worried abotu what movies are going to be paying against eachother (don't make me choose between The Stuff and Hell Comes to Frogtown...).  Other than that, I'm in!
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 04:45:46 PM »

The Indy Film Co-op Presents
The First Annual
B Movie Celebration
August 17th thru 19th, 2007
Franklin , Indiana

The World of B Movies Comes Alive in One Small MidWest Town    A Unique Enviroment for Films and Fans OF Film    A Film Happening
What do you get when you show over 60 classics B movies, then add seminars by the greatest practitioners of the B Cinema artform working today: Well, you get THE B MOVIE CELEBRATION. A celebration of all cinematic B things being held August 17th thru 19th in Franklin, Indiana, the garden spot of the Mid West.

The B Movie Celebration is an event unlike any other. Part film festival, part educational symposium and part circus. Over sixty classic B feature film films will be shown, including 'Forbidden Planet", "Night of The Living Dead" and "Death Race 2000". Appearing at The Celebration,will be Troma Studio founder Lloyd Kaufman, B Film Legend Jim Wynorski, Effects Guru Tom Savini and numerous other practitioners of the B movie art form.

What we wanted to do is created an enviroment where filmmakers and film fans could see great films, learn from great filmmakers and come away knowing a bit more about the legacy and passion behind B Movies" says Tom Barker one of the people behind The B Movie Celebration. "We really are pushing, great films , great guests and great fun"

This is not a film festival. It is a film happening. Joining people like Lloyd Kaufman, Tom Savini and Jim Wynorski will be Conrad Brooks, one of the original stars of Plan 9 From Outer Space, Midnight Movie Host Mr. Lobo, Horror Director Jim O'Rear. Veteran Hollywood director, Bobby Logan will also be on hand to teach his world renowned 1 Day $99 Film School.

Don Becker, of The B Movie Celebration, " What we want to build here is a tradition for Franklin, a tradition for the MidWest and a tradition for all fans of B Movies"

To Purchase Tickets please go to:

http://www.bmoviecelebration.com

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 05:48:30 PM »

The B Movie Celebration
At Last..The Full Schedule

Schedule Released for B Movie Celebration
Again we are asking for your kind assistance in spreading the latest news about The B Movie Celebration.

The schedule was released today for The B Movie Celebration, A Celebration of the world of B Movies, being held August 17th thru 19th. The Celebration is being staged at three venues in the B Movie Capital of Frabklin, Indiana. This event is the first of its kind and is grabbing  global response as well as an global audience.

Over Sixty Five classic B Movies are being screened as well as the works of five emerging B Movie Talents. Classic films include Forbidden, Planet, Death Race 2000, Dawn of The Dead. New emerging works includes Columbus Ohio's "Horror of War" , Cyxork 7 ,  Anna Biller's "Viva".

A special event of note at the B Movie Celebration, is a Lifetime Achievement Award being presented to Lloyd Kaufman.

Lloyd Kaufman and Troma being Honored
A day long retrospective of “The Best of Troma” will be shown as well a a presentation by the King of B’s himself Lloyd Kaufman. The retrospective hosted by actor Steve “Papaw” Pyatte will occur on August 18th, 2007 at the historic ArtCraft Theatre in Franklin, Indiana.Acclaimed directors such as Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, Spain’s Álex de la Iglesia and Japan’s Takashi Miike have all sited independent film director Lloyd Kaufman and the infamous film The Toxic Avenger as one of their major influences.
Great Guests
Jim Wynorski,  25 year veteran in the Hollyood exploitation field, writer/producer/director he is responsible for over 150 varried motion pictures in a myriad of genres. Leaving behind a successful commerical business in New York, Wynorski relocated to California in 1980 and soon found himself on the doorstep of his childhood idol, B-film king Roger Corman. "The rest was destiny," recounts Wynorski, who soon found himself hired by the renown movie mogul to cut 'coming attractions' for all of the company's new action and horror films. "It was like grasshopper learning from the kung-fu master," says Wynorski, who claims his six-months internship with Corman taught him more than four years at film school. Jim will make a presentation about career in B filmmaking as well as screening five of his classic films, The Lost Empire, Chopping Mall, Big Bad Mama 2, Not Of This Earth and Return of Swamp Thing.

Tom Savini is primarily known for his groundbreaking work in the field of special makeup effects. He got his breakthrough working with Pittsburgh filmmaker George A. Romero, providing a typical if rudimentary wrist slashing effect in the opening scenes of "Martin" (1977). The following year, working with an expanded budget on "Dawn of the Dead", Savini created his signature palate of severed limbs and bite-marks.
Thanks to our sponsors
The B Movie Celebration would not happen if it was not for the support of its sponsors. These include The Johnson County Community Foundation, Franklin College, The Johnson County Museum of History,
The Williams Foundation, The Historic ArtCraft Theatre, Franklin Heritage, Kingston Estates Winery, DVCDUBS, Final Draft, The National City Bank and Indianapolis Imaging Inc.
Check Us Out
To see the schedule and also to purchase tickets, please go to:

www.bmoviecelebration.com

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 05:29:01 PM »

World Premiere At The B Movie Celebration
 The B Movie Celebration today announced that it had secured the World Premiere of the film “Cry of The Winged Serpent”. The film produced by Roger Corman’s Concorde-New Horizon’s and distributed by The Sci Fi Network tells the story of young man is given an amulet that can call upon the power of the mythical Winged Serpent which he uses to get revenge on those who have oppressed his people. Directed by Jamie Wagner and starring Maxwell Caulfield (Grease 2, Empire Records and La Femme Nikita) as well as Robert Beltran (Star Trek, Nixon and Night of The Comet).

Showing On Agust 17th At 9:30 PM

“Cry of The Winged Serpent” will be making its debut on the screens of The Historic ArtCraft Theatre at 9:30 PM August 17th in Franklin Indiana as part of The B Movie Celebration. A celebration of all cinematic B things being held August 17th thru 19th in Franklin, Indiana, the garden spot of the Mid West.
The B Movie Celebration

The B Movie Celebration is an event unlike any other. Part film festival, part educational symposium and part circus. Over sixty classic B feature film films will be shown, including 'Forbidden Planet", "Night of The Living Dead" and "Death Race 2000". Appearing at The Celebration, will be Troma Studio founder Lloyd Kaufman, B Film Legend Jim Wynorski, Effects Guru Tom Savini and numerous other practitioners of the B movie art form.
To Contact Us

Please go to www.bmoviecelebration.com and check out our schedule, you won't be sorry. You also can purchase tickets online at www.bmoviecelebration.com. or email us at info@indyfiilmco-op.org.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »

The First B Movie Celebration Starts Friday August 17th thru 19th Franklin, Indiana

The B Movie Celebration begins August 17th in Franklin Indiana. This Celebration is a film fest of epic proportions. Part Film School, Part Film Festival and all Circus...you don't want to miss The B Movie Celebration.

Fan of old school horror flicks? A fan of camp and cheese? A fan of black and white science fiction flair? Then feast your eyes on some of the films to be shown in this three day event:
The Films

Barbarella  The Blob, The Cry of The Winged Serpent , VIVA Forbidden Planet   Man From Planet X The Terror of Tiny Town Toxic Avenger Three Barbecues The Cars That Ate Paris Damnation Alley Fall of The House of Usher I Married a Monster Cyxork 7 The Fly 587 The Great Train Robbery Chopping Mall Death Race 2000    Killer Klowns from Outer Space ,  Evil Dead , The Thing  Cannibal Flesh Riot  Horrors of War Tromeo and Juliet A Boy and His Dog Count Dracula and His Vampire Bride  Dawn of The Dead  Legend of the Sandsquatch   Lost Skeleton of Cadavra Rabid Poultrygeist House on Haunted Hill Frankenstein vs. the Creature from Blood Cove Faster p***ycat Kill Kill Detour Flash Gordon Conquers The Universe Puppetmaster White Zombie Lost Empire Devil Rides Out, The  Eat My Dust I Was A Teenage Werewolf 587 The Great Train Robbery  The Stuff Big Baf Mama2 Lil' River Rats and the Adventure of the Lost Treasure, The Guyver Plan Nine From Outer Space   Not of This Earth   Bride of Frankenstein Re-Animator Soylent Green Return of The Swamp Thing

And Many more
Great Guests

Lloyd Kaufman, Founder of Troma Studios , *also recipient of LifeTime Achievement Award
Jim Wynorski, Director of Over 75 B Movie Classics
Tom Savini, Special Effects Make-up Innovator
Conrad Brooks, Star of The Original Plan Nine From Outer Sapce
Ron Aberdeen, U.K., Screenwriter
Mister Lobo and Queen of Trash, Stars of Syndicated TV show CINEMA INSOMNIA
Jim O'Rear Director
Peter John Ross Director Horrors of War
Dan Hall Director 587/ Lil River Rats
John Huff Writer Director Cyxork7, CHIPS and Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Jay Edwards, Director/Producer Adult Swim, Stomp! Shout! Scream!
Eric Chatterjee Indy Director
Mark Burchett Indy Director
Jeff Dunn Indy Director

and again many more
Great Seminars

RON ABERDEEN - THE WRITERS BOOT CAMP

ANATOMY OF A MICROCINEMA B FEATURE; POST PARTUM

DIRECTORS ROUNDTABLE- JIM WYNORSKI, LLOYD KAUFMAN, JIM O’REAR

EFFECTS FOR B MOVIES

MAKE YOUR OWN DAMN MOVIE

MY LIFE AS A B DIRECTOR

ONE ON ONE WITH TOM SAVINI

VIRGIL FRANKLIN -MUSIC COMPOSITION FOR B MOVIES

WORKING IN THE B's

WRITERS ROUNDTABLE
For Further Information
Please go to our website www.bmoviecelebration.com. Free passes available in return for volunteering.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  B-Movie Celebration (Convention - Indiana - August) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.