Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:05:58 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pink screen of death? (Comp prob) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pink screen of death? (Comp prob)  (Read 4565 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 11, 2007, 05:42:24 PM »

This is weird, sometimes when I'm doing stuff on my computer my screen will go a pink/light purple color on me.  Sometimes it'll stay like that regardless of what I'll do and I have to reboot, other times it'll flash that color than back.

Not sure what is causing it or how to fix it.  Been told it might be a problem with my monitor, but I'm not sure.  Search for "pink screen of death" hasn't come up with much.  I dunno, only had this monitor for about three years, but I know from other people's experience sometimes you're lucky if they last that long.  It's an old CRT monitor (as opposed to the newer LCD ones.)

Been wanting to update, but money's tight and all..

Anyway, if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it!

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 06:39:34 PM »

Could be the monitor, but my money would be on the video output/video card.  I've seen in the past where video cards would start to go bad and would display strange hues of blue and pink.

Do you know whether the video in the system is built into the motherboard or if it is a separate card?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 06:53:52 PM »

I have also seen computers have issues with everything going a shade of some color.  Cannot remember what caused it in every case, but the monitor or the video card must be the culprit.  Also, it could be the connection between the two.  Make sure that your cable from the monitor to the computer is not damaged and that it is attached snug and the posts are screwed down.

If you need to figure out what is causing it, try selective interchange.  I am not certain how often you get the problem, but if it is pretty often you could borrow somebody's monitor for a day to see if that solves it.  Then you would know that the monitor is the issue (or not).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BTM

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 10:35:26 PM »

Could be the monitor, but my money would be on the video output/video card.  I've seen in the past where video cards would start to go bad and would display strange hues of blue and pink.

Do you know whether the video in the system is built into the motherboard or if it is a separate card?

It think it's separate... assuming I'm thinking of the right thing, it's  NVidia card (unless you're referring to another video card... ) 

venomx
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »

Ok ... 1st try to update your video card drivers ... If that dont work its got to be the monitor.
Also ...
Is your monitor a really old CRT? With turn dials on it?
Did you ever overclock your video card Bios at anytime? ... NVidia - avg or pci 16?
Did anyone by mistake run a magnet near the screen? - Thats bad if they did.
Do you force shut down your pc alot? - Thats bad too it spikes the harddrive.
Keep you PC/rig cool at all times try not to overheat it.

But I really think its your crt monitor.
ps - your "talking fruit" movie is really funny.  Thumbup
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 10:01:39 AM by venomx » Logged
BTM

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »

Well, doing the updating now.  As for my moniter, not it doeesn't have dials, just buttons (among others a neat button that'll turn the brightness to 3 or 5x, handy for games. 

Haven't overclocked it, I don't really know (could probably find out) but I figured a gig of memory is enough. Don't think I've had magnet nearby, as for cooling, it has two fans, so I hope that's keeps it cool (maybe I know to blow some compressed air into it, haven't done that in awhile...)

Anyway, thanks for the tips!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pink screen of death? (Comp prob) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.