Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:53:14 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Graduation Day (1981) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Graduation Day (1981)  (Read 3215 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 13, 2007, 09:32:10 PM »

GRADUATION DAY (1981) - A who's doing it/slasher film about someone getting revenge for the death of a high school athelete. You get to see how people dressed in 1980 with their tube socks and all. Sometimes they don't wear socks at all. The film keeps trying to clue you in on who's doing the murders while it seems that everyone has black glove, grey sweatsuits, and stop watches. It does have a PSYCHO type ending which isn't bad.

Thumbdown (4 out of 10 Stars) I think I saw beginning of this film before.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 05:13:25 PM by Scott » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »

I remember buying that movie thinking "Troma...I've heard of them.  Wonder if they're any good?"  That was the first and last Troma film I ever bought, though some Ebayer gave me one for free once  TeddyR  I was amazed at how utterly awful and completely unsympathetic every single character in the whole movie was, while at the same time the plot was so scatterbrained that I couldn't become the least bit involved in it.  I think I watched the first hour of it one day, then five minutes the next, two minutes the next, and finally finished it a week later.  I never knew DVD's could have audio quality like an old record album, with hum throughout and nice snaps and pops all over the place. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 05:16:20 PM »

It was a bad one, but had a few moments that were ok. I was surprised to see the Troma name at the beginning of the film. Bought it for $2.50 at the supermarket.

voltron

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 11:22:52 AM »

I tried to watch this last night . I made it about 15 minutes into the film and shut it off.  Thumbdown

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 03:56:26 PM »

In fairness, Troma didn't actually have anything to do with the making of this movie - they just picked it up for distribution, so it definitely doesn't have that typical Troma feel (for better or for worse).

I actually really dig this one - as far as cheesy early 80s slashers go, you could do a lot worse.  I mean, you've got Christopher George, Michael Pataki & Linnea Quigley, gratuitous nudity, fun (but not particularly creative) kills, bad acting, an early appearance by Vanna White, a mid-movie break for an awful musical performance (twice), a bat-poop crazy ending with a ridiculous reveal of the killer...  It's not a great movie by any stretch, but I've always had a lot of fun with it.

The blu ray from last year is great!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:00:13 PM by JayJayM12 » Logged

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »

^ I agree. fun bad slasher. tbh I was sold during the opening montage of crappy athletics shots over that cheesy 80s song! guess you either like this kind of 'bad' or you don't.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Graduation Day (1981) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.