Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:28:02 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Newbie/Zombie Dreams? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Newbie/Zombie Dreams?  (Read 9126 times)
Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« on: May 19, 2007, 01:07:48 PM »

New to the forum, but I've been a fan of bad/cult/genre movies for 2-3 decades now.  I'm currently working on my Ph.D. in English, but I'll definitely be taking a comprehensive exam in film.  I'm an overaged, divorced, four-eyed, left-handed bastard from Memphis, TN.   

I'm considering having the art students/computer geeks at my uni put together a chapbook of peoples' actual zombie dreams, with each dream having its own illo.  This would very probably result in no profit for anyone involved--it would just  be a cool little 2-staple art object contributors could enjoy.  I haven't contacted any art students for illos or even talked to the guy who runs our uni "chapbooking studio" yet because I'd like to have a batch of dreams to present when pitching the project.  I have no idea whether I'll use them as I get them or try to make poetry of them or what.

If you want nothing to do with the project, I'd love to talk bad movies anyway.  For example, I was recently sent this link:

http://www.bmoviecelebration.com/   

I won't be going, since the only guests I'm interested in has already signed an autograph for me and I can see most of the movies in my own home.  I did, however, enjoy the March Cinema Wasteland show in Cleveland.

Just trying to break the ice.  (-:

Laurel

To achieve harmony in bad taste is the height of elegance.--Jean Genet
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 06:18:05 PM »

Welcome!!! Actually...Iv'e never had a dream (good or bad) about zombies...BUT_here's a cool pic anyway!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:23:02 AM »

New to the forum, but I've been a fan of bad/cult/genre movies for 2-3 decades now.  I'm currently working on my Ph.D. in English, but I'll definitely be taking a comprehensive exam in film.  I'm an overaged, divorced, four-eyed, left-handed bastard from Memphis, TN.   

Greetings,

Your left-handed? Just kidding. I could tell by your typing that you were left handed? I'm kidding again.

We've cornered the market on Zombies here. All rights reserved.

Welcome to the forum Laurel. If you stick around you'll find this a fun movie website.

Here's a good Zombie check list for you.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,111493.0.html

Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 05:37:19 AM »

Welcome!!! Actually...Iv'e never had a dream (good or bad) about zombies...

Really?  I kick zombie butt in my dreams.  (-: 

Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 05:41:34 AM »

Greetings,

Your left-handed? Just kidding. I could tell by your typing that you were left handed? I'm kidding again.

OK, someone did once tell me I was left-handed by my typing.  I was taken aback until I remembered I always type the "left-handed" version of the smiley emoticon.

That's a very extensive checklist, and it reminds me I haven't watched my copy of Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things in a long time.  Thanks!

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 07:00:35 AM »

I think your project sounds interesting, if you decide to go ahead with it please post some of the results for us.  It's neat to see someone tying bad movies and dreams together that way.   Smile

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 05:06:32 PM »

Welcome aboard, Laurel.

I'm an overaged, four-eyed, left-handed bastard from Nashville, TN.

Unfortunately most of my dreams still seem to be of the "OH NO! I'M BACK IN SCHOOL AND I FORGOT TO GO TO CLASS ALL SEMESTER AND TODAY IS FINALS! OH! NO!"  variety.
I think there were zombies around a couple of times, though.

Since you like art, you should come get a load of our world-famous "That Hideous Nathan Bedford Forrest Statue".

Yes, it's huge and it really looks like this.
It's tastefully displayed right next to I65 as you enter the city from the south.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 05:53:11 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »

Raffine, that is hysterically bad!  Ole Nathan looks rather like a zombie himself there.    BounceGiggle

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 05:45:21 AM »

Sure thing! 

Laurel

I think your project sounds interesting, if you decide to go ahead with it please post some of the results for us.  It's neat to see someone tying bad movies and dreams together that way.   Smile

Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 05:48:05 AM »

Oh man.  It looks like a maniac on a merry-go-round horse!  Memphis' Forrest statue kicks that abomination's ass.  (-:  But I do like Nashville's war memorial and--though I seem to be the only one--the statue of the Muses.  I visit there a lot, but I've never approached from the South.

Laurel 

Welcome aboard, Laurel.

I'm an overaged, four-eyed, left-handed bastard from Nashville, TN.

Unfortunately most of my dreams still seem to be of the "OH NO! I'M BACK IN SCHOOL AND I FORGOT TO GO TO CLASS ALL SEMESTER AND TODAY IS FINALS! OH! NO!"  variety.
I think there were zombies around a couple of times, though.

Since you like art, you should come get a load of our world-famous "That Hideous Nathan Bedford Forrest Statue".

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 02:28:59 PM »

That does sound like an interesting project.

Quite a few of my dreams involve zombies, directly or tangentially.  I haven't had one in a while.  If I do, I'll let you know.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 04:01:11 PM »

according to freakydreams.com zombies in dreams are symbolic of:

"Words like zombie: Death. Automaton. Parts of your greater self are stalking you."

Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »

Sweet!  danke.

That does sound like an interesting project.

Quite a few of my dreams involve zombies, directly or tangentially.  I haven't had one in a while.  If I do, I'll let you know.

Laurel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 04:44:44 PM »

I never had any zombie dreams until I started grad school.   Smile

Laurel

according to freakydreams.com zombies in dreams are symbolic of:

"Words like zombie: Death. Automaton. Parts of your greater self are stalking you."

raj

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 09:00:50 AM »

No zombie dreams here, though I did have a Spiderman dream last night -- it was the Toby Mcquire version too.  Shudder.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Newbie/Zombie Dreams? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.