Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:39:58 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Starcraft 2 Announced!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starcraft 2 Announced!!  (Read 6689 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 19, 2007, 11:42:10 PM »

Woot!

Woot!

Wooooooot!

hot

www.starcraft2.com
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 11:53:12 PM »

Very cool, I have been waiting for this game for years.  I wasted a lot of time playing the original (still do, every now and then).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »

A friend gave me his Starcraft pc game about a year ago.
He told me that he had given up on it.
He was heavy into Command & Conquer at the time...

I took it...but never installed it.
I've heard that it can be quite addicting.
Didn't a Korean dude (or two) die from spending too long playing it?

It's sitting up on one of my wall shelves collecting dust at the moment.

Should I try it out?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »

The graphics will appear grainy, especially if you've played, for instance, Warcraft III.

But I and many others would say that it has no equal in the RTS genre, in terms of game mechanics, balance, fun.  I'd say it's Blizzard's masterpiece, thus far.     It has a vicious learning curve, but I still play it to this day.

Make sure to click each unit repeatedly to hear all the different things it will say, by the way.   Particularly the firebat, and the terran siege tank.   TeddyR
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 10:33:48 AM »

Read about this yesterday morning on Kotaku.com.  I'd been anticipating Blizzard's big announcement but I was holding out for a Starcraft MMO.  I still love the original Starcraft and can't wait to play this one.  Anyone else watch that trailer they have up on the site?  Absolutely stunning!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 11:22:33 AM »

Their CGI trailers are otherworldly, aren't they?
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »

Damn.

Check out these gameplay videos.

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »

But I and many others would say that it has no equal in the RTS genre, in terms of game mechanics, balance, fun.

The Protoss and Zerg were balanced but not the terrans.  The Protoss had good units but you could only have a few of them relatively.  The Zerg had pure numbers.  The terrans were somewhere in between, but ended up sucking.  They had the advantage of invisibility, but in the expansion so did Protoss.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 12:05:09 PM »

I often played Zerg, but could also kick butt with the Terrans.  Give me a mixed force of battleships, goliaths, and siege tanks and I could do a lot of damage (following my main force would be 4-8 workers (SCV's?) to repair them after serious engagements.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:30 PM »

My Life For Aiur(sp?)!

Just droppin in for a sec at my sisters so I could post and this news ....is....incredible!  It's  about time!

I loved (and still love) Starcraft!  I even used to be in a clan and had my own starcraft  web site with all the diff strats and tactics a few years ago!  I'm all about the Protoss myself but did like the Terran.  My favorite tactic was to sneak in an Arbiture in the backdoor and doing massive Reaver Drop.

Anyway, this is great news! 

On another note, I miss this place but have been lurking whenever I get the chance - I have an extended review ready for Deadly Friend once I figure out how I'm going to get it uploaded (since my old personal server went kuputz).  See you all soon and Praise Blizzard for finally getting to SC2!  I hope my cpu can run it.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 08:41:48 PM »

But I and many others would say that it has no equal in the RTS genre, in terms of game mechanics, balance, fun.

The Protoss and Zerg were balanced but not the terrans.  The Protoss had good units but you could only have a few of them relatively.  The Zerg had pure numbers.  The terrans were somewhere in between, but ended up sucking.  They had the advantage of invisibility, but in the expansion so did Protoss.

At very high levels of play, I agree with this partially.

Where most mortals live, I would say you're wrong.  Take it or leave it.   Terrans lack mobility relatively speaking, but I'd suspect you've just never played against a terran *player* who didn't suck.    A well done and well supported tank push is an unpleasant experience, indeed.  I've even M&M'd people to death in the early game (marines, and medics).  Talk about watching your base being gummed to death...

My best trick ever was in a long game against a friend (he was terran, I was protoss).  I mind-controlled one of his SCVs from an expansion and teleported it home with an arbiter, then I built about 12 siege tanks.  (yeah, it was a long game).   I then teleported said tanks, in siege mode, into the heart of his base.    It's interesting.  The tanks start firing even before the warp finishes.   TeddyR    David's detection died in the first two volleys, and then he couldn't stop me.  I then just did a cloaked tank push across his base.     Bwahaha!  Bwahaha!  Bwahaha!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Starcraft 2 Announced!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.