Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:27:46 PM
713356 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer  (Read 87339 times)
CoreyHeldpen
Bad Movie Lover

I think these komodos need to leave this cruise.

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »

Get this:

The IMDb score for this film is 6.4 out of 10. An somebody on the boards is saying its the best animated kids movie EVER.

I don't need to watch the clip now. My brain has already melted out of my skull.

"The only three things I hate are demons, malfunctioning robots, and monster movies that don't show you the monster."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 06:42:02 AM »

Just to reiterate what that one guy said on that previous post...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pj3yd5oMtM
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 06:50:21 AM by Ash » Logged
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »

>The noise wakes up Rainbow Brite, who immediately asks Twink for a handful of star sprinkles.
>You know, just to get her going for the day.

When I read this, I thought you were going to add, "She then prompty snorts it." 

:)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Yannick
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »

Wasnt that a rip off of my little poney and Strawberry shortcakes with a bit of the carebars?

I really dont remember this lame series, being a young kid at that time i used to watch the stuff that really matter GI JOE Transformers.

JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2007, 10:32:47 AM »

My daughters tried to watch this on cable one day, but I turned the tv off and forced them out the door until it was all over.  I'd rather sit through a 8 hour Smurfs marathon.

Now that is BAD!!!!

BounceGiggle

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2007, 12:16:27 AM »

Hmmm... I don't know. That clip you showed didn't seem all that brain-damaging to me. That's not to say I'd enjoy a movie like this. I definitely wouldn't want to see it in any situation where I didn't have control over the volume (so that I could turn it way down during the sappy songs), but I don't think anyone would break if you used this as a torture method.

I'm game to try reviewing those Care Bear movies myself. (What, they made TWO of them?) I'm not big on movies for kids, but I always did have a liking for any kind of line drawings.
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2007, 03:30:39 AM »

If you know what is good for you, you will not tell your daughters or nieces that this movie exists.

I'd almost forgotten about this sacrafice to the tv deity. Thanks for the flashbacks and the hiliarious review.

...the princess is really the best reason to see this one. Seriously. She drags a gigantic jewel around on a leash as a pet. Way to go lampooning sexism and consumerism in the same movie.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Michael Fallon Alberson
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 11:19:55 PM »

You know, I think I would like to see a children's movie where the evil brat takes a
.50 calibur round to the cranium.
Goji_1
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 08:03:44 PM »

I LOVE this movie.
Well I'm not a fan of this movie I have to say I do have memories of being forced to watch it while I was younger with my sister who was a big fan of it, along with the My Little Pony series and movies. The only cartoon like this that I liked to watch with her were the Care Bears. Altough if I get kids I wouldn't mind them watching this, then again most of my family are grade school teachers and are extremely tolerant on these types of shows. (My mom likes Winnie the Pooh for gods sake) myself included, at least I'd be able to spend quality time with the kids and know what they are talking about.
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 09:57:14 PM »

Did you notice that two of those sprites were wearing scuba masks?
THOMAS
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 03:10:51 AM »

aaaaaaaaaaargggghhhh!
seriously
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!1
i must destroy all traces of this piece of cinematic feces from the historic record before my sister finds about it
and i shall chase you down to the end of time
for posting that %$#@^^%$$^&(there aren't anymore keys left on the keyboard) video clip
kevinsano
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 11:07:55 AM »

This movie... I can't hate this movie, it's so cute an innocent... even though it can kill grown men :P
Lacan
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 08:16:27 PM »

Quite a bang-up movie. No, I'm serious. I honestly like this movie and would watch it  anytime. A movie with all of those colours and fluffy characters is always bound to amuse me. And the rainbows...oh! They should make more movies featuring rainbows the way this one did.
Tennyo
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 01:26:54 AM »

I watched this movie all the time when I was a kid and I turned out okay.

In fact, it still has a special place in my heart.  I wish someone in Japan would remake Rainbow Brite as an anime.  I don't trust American animators anymore...
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »

I watched this movie all the time when I was a kid and I turned out okay.

In fact, it still has a special place in my heart.  I wish someone in Japan would remake Rainbow Brite as an anime.  I don't trust American animators anymore...

And I dare them to do it WITHOUT any transformation sequences...and I double dog dare them to do it without hentai undertones  Wink

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.