Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:25:52 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DUMB FILM you've seen in the last year ? HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: DUMB FILM you've seen in the last year ? HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK  (Read 35673 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:43 AM »

I bought a 10 DVD, 20 film, collection for under 6 bux (mentioned in another thread) with at least a few good flix.  I've already sat thru two good ones HORROR HOTEL aka CITY OF THE DEAD (1960) and MESSIAH OF EVIL aka DEAD PEOPLE (1973) -- the reason I bought the set.  I also sat thru DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973) which I had remembered more fondly than it deserves! 

But, the DUMBEST MOVIE I'VE SAT THRU in at least A YEAR has to be THE HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK (1980 aka LA CASA SPERDUTA NEL PARCO) as directed by Ruggero Deodato and "starring" David Hess as a sleazy cruel rapist (again).  I will not reveal details in order to avoid *SPOILERS* for anyone interested in looking at this boring trash.  In a psuedo-ripoff of THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (1972) this sexploitative junk tries to palm off a very lame "twist ending" to validate it's cheap and cheesy, no-fun cruelty that thankfully includes equally poor effects.  This lame-ass copycat of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT fails to register the devastation of that Wes Craven horror that I once again admit to loathing.  But, my loathing is based upon that film's cinematic effect upon me, so I cannot fail to recognize that and also, once again, that LAST HOUSE, the inspiration for this HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK garbage, is a very important film.  This flick does prove that the success of LAST HOUSE was certainly not so much owed to David Hess. 

I've sat thru enough turds to write about, but I've written my piece, so what is the DUMBEST FILM YOU'VE SEEN in the last year or EVER whether it be exhibited, rented, purchased, broadcast, or cabled?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 11:23:29 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 01:02:23 AM »

At this point, I have to mention something else besides that stinkorama from the Polonia Brothers.

Pueblo Sin Suerte
I bought this because I'm a fan of Webb Wilder.
I'm not sure where to begin with this one, but it looks like the cast didn't have time to rehearse, the director didn't have time or money to reshot even 10 second scenes, and the editting is terrible.

Also in the past year, I purchased a copy of Fellini's Casanova.
For reasons I cannot comprehend, all the dirty stuff was taken out, along with all of Chesty Morgan's scenes & Casanova's affair with a male castrato.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 01:09:30 AM by LilCerberus » Logged

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 10:01:05 AM »

I bought a 10 DVD, 20 film, collection for under 6 bux (mentioned in another thread) with at least a few good flix.  I've already sat thru two good ones HORROR HOTEL aka CITY OF THE DEAD (1960) and MESSIAH OF EVIL aka DEAD PEOPLE (1973) -- the reason I bought the set.  I also sat thru DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (1973) which I had remembered more fondly than it deserves! 

HORROR HOTEL (1960) is one of my favorites.  It's got a very young (pre-Hammer Flims) Christpoher Lee.  The film has kind of a dream-like quality that you don't normally get from horror movies these days.  Some of the acting is spotty and the ending is a little contrived but overall, it's a great movie.  It's so good, the Misfits wrote a song about it.  TeddyR

The dumbest movie(s) I've seen in the past year is...SUBLIME (2007) and DEATH PROOF (2007).  Sublime has great cover art and it's billed as a psychological horror movie.  It is neither psychological nor horrific.  Luckily I watched it with a friend of mine and didn't waste money renting it or (gods forbid) buying it.  Bor-ring!!!  And when it's not boring it's hitting you over the head with it's moral message.

Death Proof was a big let-down for me.  Hell, I almost fell alseep in the theater twice (a first for me)!  We get it Quentin.  You like women's feet!  Stop putting them in every freakin' shot!  I remember looking forward to snappy and interesting dialouge in QT movies.  In this movie it just groups of women going on and on and on about nothing really.  Whatever happened to the "Royale with Cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" and "Tim Roth Dirty Joke Story" style conversations?  The only thing good about it is the car crash and Kurt Russel (who is clearly enjoying himself).

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 08:53:16 PM »

Death Proof was a big let-down for me.  Hell, I almost fell alseep in the theater twice (a first for me)!  We get it Quentin.  You like women's feet!  Stop putting them in every freakin' shot!  I remember looking forward to snappy and interesting dialouge in QT movies.  In this movie it just groups of women going on and on and on about nothing really.  Whatever happened to the "Royale with Cheese", "Big Kahuna Burger" and "Tim Roth Dirty Joke Story" style conversations?  The only thing good about it is the car crash and Kurt Russel (who is clearly enjoying himself).
No one would go look at GRINDHOUSE with me, though I remain fascinated to see PLANET TERROR!  I hear nothing much good about DEATH PROOF which certainly sounded interesting enough,  with Kurt Russell too. . .  I own and enjoy KILL BILL; and though I must recommend some of his films, Tarantino kind of annoys me. 

Torgo

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 10:10:36 PM »

This thread could be clarified a bit to be in regards to films that are dumb in a good way and those that are dumb in a bad way.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, which I watched this past week, is dumb in a great way IMO.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »

This thread could be clarified a bit to be in regards to films that are dumb in a good way and those that are dumb in a bad way.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist, which I watched this past week, is dumb in a great way IMO.
Actually, Torgo, I think it would be way cool if the thread be transmorgified into a discussion of "dumb" films that are awesomely great cinema.  Never thought of it that way!   Wink   How about twin threads like evil twins, one the good dummies, the other . . .

My inspiration, THE HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK is dumb in a bad way.  Believe you me, it would have been great if it was dumb in a good way.   TongueOut

LilCerberus

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:40:07 PM »

I just remembered winning a copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate in last summer's proofreading challenge. 
 Smile Thanks Andrew! Smile

Considering it was a post Polonia viewing, I found it's level of ineptitude quite enjoyable.
That moment in the closing credits when the master opens his mouth to shout something right when the lounge singer on the soundtrack starts singing always cracks me up.

Also last year, I went to the midnight movies to see The Dark Side of Oz.
My psych meds & an extra pack of snuff were a big help during some parts, but on the whole, I found it pretty psychedelic.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »

I just remembered winning a copy of Manos: The Hands of Fate in last summer's proofreading challenge. 
 Smile Thanks Andrew! Smile

Considering it was a post Polonia viewing, I found it's level of ineptitude quite enjoyable.
That moment in the closing credits when the master opens his mouth to shout something right when the lounge singer on the soundtrack starts singing always cracks me up.

Also last year, I went to the midnight movies to see The Dark Side of Oz.
My psych meds & an extra pack of snuff were a big help during some parts, but on the whole, I found it pretty psychedelic.
BounceGiggle Thanks for the good laugh, I applaud you!   BounceGiggle

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »

Speed 2

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:11:16 PM »

Speed 2
Short and not-so-sweet!   BounceGiggle

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:30:03 PM »

HORROR HOTEL (1960) is one of my favorites.  It's got a very young (pre-Hammer Flims) Christpoher Lee. 
Actually, CITY OF THE DEAD aka HORROR HOTEL is after Hammer's HORROR OF DRACULA (1958); THE MUMMY is 1959, all preceding Lee's work in HORROR HOTEL.   Smile

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »

yeah . really horrible. ...okay let's switch it to a boat, they'll never notice. and lets not have Keanu Reeves in it either they wont notice. the whole film looks like an aborted advertisement for 7Up.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
LilCerberus

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:53:27 AM »

Hated:
A certain Sacrifice
Actually, I had first seen this back in the '80s, & even as a crazy mixed up suicidal kid with a drinking problem, I found it pretentious & stupid. Still, being a crazy mixed up suicidal kid with a drinking problem, I could kinda empathize with Dashil's lament.

Of course, it had been about ten years or so since I'd seen this, when I came across a copy on DVD at Big Lot's last year.
Seeing this from the perspective of a sober & adjusted guy in a support program in his mid thirties made me see this crap on a whole new level of pretentiousness & inanity, as well as opening my eyes to the sheer ineptitude & complete lack of story.

Liked:
Merc Force
A couple of years ago, I was cross referencing the cast of Burned at the Stake on imdb, when I found this one linked to Janine Babo (the girl who played Dorkess). I followed the links to Ikuzo Studios' website & downloaded a few trailers, which I thought looked okay, despite the low production values. Just enough to make me curious.

I found a copy on Amazon a couple of months ago, & wasn't too terribly disappointed (at least, not after sampling the works of the Polonia Brothers).
Some of the characters were overdeveloped, while others were underdeveloped, but on the whole, I found it to be a fun little action flick. Perhaps what worked best for me, was the way the cast & crew (some of them with very impressive resume's) didn't take themselves too seriously, giving the sence that they were trying to share in the audience's laughter.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 05:17:51 AM »

Dumb in a good way? Night of the LIVING DORKS. Whatta STUPID monie! I loved it!  TeddyR
Dumb in a godawuful,so lame and pathetic I wanna- pull an Elvis and shoot my TV-BIO DOME...with Pauly Shore.Actually,almost every thing with Pauly Shore!  Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 06:00:52 AM »

HORROR HOTEL (1960) is one of my favorites.  It's got a very young (pre-Hammer Flims) Christpoher Lee. 
Actually, CITY OF THE DEAD aka HORROR HOTEL is after Hammer's HORROR OF DRACULA (1958); THE MUMMY is 1959, all preceding Lee's work in HORROR HOTEL.   Smile

Really?  Wow, I guess you learn something new every day.  Your Movie-Fu is very strong.  BounceGiggle

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DUMB FILM you've seen in the last year ? HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.