Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:06:26 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  One Letter Makes All the Difference « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One Letter Makes All the Difference  (Read 4634 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: June 04, 2007, 05:46:27 PM »

I just had to share this pic with all of you.
It's amazing how one letter and a space between words can make a huge difference.   TeddyR

« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 05:48:03 PM by Ash » Logged
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »

I wonder if the other girls also thought it was a new Toyota or did they know it was a toy Yoda? Also I wonder if there was anything in writing from the company regarding the sales contest? That's truly mean if the girls where tricked, but then again how can you work at Hooters and expect to win a new car?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:46:26 PM by Scott » Logged

Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:59:17 PM »

I don't think it was mean, it was pretty funny, and honestly, it's not like she was actually hurt.  I think she was wrong to sue over it, that's pretty childish.  But I have a different sense of humor, I would find something like this funny.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »

For arguments sake we can say it depends on how hard she worked at it, but then again she works at Hooters.

If you only work harder with incentives then I guess you must have been cheating the company anyway. In this case I guess the joke is on her.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 07:21:26 PM by Scott » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 12:53:04 AM »

Well if you read the fine print on any contest it will tell you the value of the prize. Perhaps she thought it was $24,950 and not $24.95 ....

She's a whiny butt baby and now every guy in the world knows to steer clear of her, as you'll never make her happy.

Guy - "Hey your hot, wanna go out?"
Gal - Giggle "Sure"
Guy - "Wait, didn't you win the Toy Yoda?"
Gal - YES, those $%*@# %**#&@!!!!"
Guy - "Bye"

DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 08:09:40 AM »

I'm sure there's a Star Wars geek out there that would give her a Toyota if she'd show up at his house in uniform.

++josh;
BTM

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

You know, this story reminds me of a sound file I downloaded once that came from an actual radio program where they had a contest where they were giving away "100 Grand", and the sound file record a phone conversation with the winner.  He's all excited, and the hosts are going, "So, what are you going to do with your prize?" 

And the guys, "Oh, man, I drive this piece of crap truck, I'm going to get a new one!  I'm gonna pay off my house payments, and oh, man... this is great!"  etc, etc

And the host is like, "How are you going to do that with a candy bar?"

For those of you who might not be familiar with all things candy, there's a Nestle candy bar called 100 Grrand.

Here's a pic of it...

Now, apparently, this has happened more than once, because the sound file I listend to had a MALE caller, but doing some research on yahoo, I found another story where a FEMALE radio listener was suing a radio station, so apparently more than one DJ has implemented this prank.

You can listen to the sound file here http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/100grand.html

And you can read a story about a similar case here http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0623051grand1.html
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:58:45 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »

You know, this story reminds me of a sound file I downloaded once that came from an actual radio program where they had a contest where they were giving away "100 Grand", and the sound file record a phone conversation with the winner.  He's all excited, and the hosts are going, "So, what are you going to do with your prize?" 

And the guys, "Oh, man, I drive this piece of crap truck, I'm going to get a new one!  I'm gonna pay off my house payments, and oh, man... this is great!"  etc, etc

And the host is like, "How are you going to do that with a candy bar?"

For those of you who might not be familiar with all things candy, there's  Nestle candy bar called 100 Grrand.

Here's a pic of it...

Now, apparently, this has happened more than once, because the sound file I listend to had a MALE caller, but doing some research on yahoo, I found another story where a FEMALE radio listener was suing a radio station, so apparently more than one DJ has implemented this prank.

You can listen to the sound file here http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/100grand.html

And you can read a story about a similar case here http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0623051grand1.html

If I was on the jury I'd award the radio station 100 grand as in $100,000 for her bringing a 'I'm so stupid' law suit

BTM

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 04:00:07 PM »

If I was on the jury I'd award the radio station 100 grand as in $100,000 for her bringing a 'I'm so stupid' law suit

Sadly, with the legal system of today, I've heard of dumber lawsuits (and some of them were actually WON).

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  One Letter Makes All the Difference « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.