Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:45:36 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla' « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'  (Read 18746 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: May 25, 2007, 06:35:47 PM »

So much for the Hogzilla movie ...

The story here ...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8PBKB5G0&show_article=1&image=large

Raffine

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 06:52:33 PM »

SOME PIG!

I'd be curious to see some photos that aren't quite so perspectively iffy.

It was the same when that photo of Hogzilla was first being circulated. There was only one photo published, which made the piggy look much bigger than it actually was.

Oh Jeez. Montgomery, Alabama. I lived there for about five years. An interesting photo op is the street sign at the intersection of Jefferson Davis Street and Rosa Parks Avenue.

When you move to Montgomery people familiar with the city don't ask you "Gee, how do you like living in Montgomery?", they ask "Gee, how long do you think you'll be able to stand to live in Montgomery?"  Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:35:18 AM »

I agree on the perspective thing. The kid is sitting much farther back than the picture would like you to believe.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:17:58 AM »

Amazing to think there could be hogs the size of sofas roaming loose in fairly populated areas yet people are convinced there couldn't be anything like Bigfoot.   

That thing, even though the pic is misleading, is enough to make me not want to go camping anytime soon.  My kids might look like tasty snacks to that creature.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 02:07:09 PM »

Here's the website, it's been up and down do to traffic ....

It's working now.

http://www.monsterpig.com/

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 07:08:30 AM »

10" 7"?  Funny what forced perspective will do - that pig looks a whole lot smaller hanging from the loader.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 08:24:54 AM »

Amazing to think there could be hogs the size of sofas roaming loose in fairly populated areas yet people are convinced there couldn't be anything like Bigfoot.   

Haven't we known about the existence of hogs for quite a while though?   Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 10:28:39 AM »

Haven't we known about the existence of hogs for quite a while though?   Smile

Well, some people say we've known about Bigfoot for awhile now too.  Most of the Native American tribes that were here before we were have stories about them.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2007, 10:43:25 AM »

I was checking out the website...alot of folks are p**sed...REALLY p**sed,that the kid killed such a fine creature. Others think it's jim-dandy. I dunno if I woulda shot it or not. I gave up on hunting years ago...I just didn't see any sense in blowing away deer and rabbits. Yet,again...I have no problem helping farmers butcher pigs or cows. So I'm kinda wishy washy about it myself. Whatta you guys think? Question

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

For me the sticking point is that he admits to having shot the creature multiple times (eight?) over several hours.  Not 'good' hunting.  Yes he did follow thorough on his responsibility (to a wounded animal) and finished the job - but it seems to me that he was either a really poor aim or he was not using the right weapon for the game he was after.  Either way: not humane, not 'sporting' according to any hunters I know and not brag-worthy.

It was a feral pig: an escapee, not a wild species.  As such, he was not doing anything different than what any hog farmer ultimately does in killing the hog (other than the actual method).

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2007, 12:04:44 PM »

I was wondering about that....I don't know anything about guns, I have nothing against responsible people owning them, and I would own one myself, but isn't the gun the kid was using a strange choice for a hunting weapon? 

If you're going hunting, it should be for something you plan to eat.  I'm against trophy hunting, but if you're going out to blow Bambi away, save me a roast.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 10:51:59 PM »

He was using a powerful handgun.  However, something that large would warrant the use of a high-powered rifle.  A 30/06 or .300 magnum rifle at least.  Either of those, putting a shot into the head or heart area, should have been able to finish the hog off.  The problem with any handgun is that they cannot match the velocity of a rifle.

One problem with shooting something that large is hitting a vital organ.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 11:40:07 PM »

Raffine, my aunt has managed to live in Montgomery for about twenty years. But now that she's getting divorced, who knows if that will last.

Snivelly, to back up what Andrew was saying, that is an extremely power handgun, people have been hunting hogs with large caliber pistols for a while, but the gun is part of more recent trend toward ever larger and more powerful handguns. I think they are refered to as "super magnums". AFAIK the trend seems to have started with a revolver in a caliber known as the .454 Casull back in the late 80s. It was featured in the film Alien Nation. Guns like this are also often advertised as backup or defense guns for bear attacks in Alaska. At least this revolver has a decent barrel length to it. I've seen articles and ads for guns like this but with short or even snub-nosed barrels, often with large muzzle compensaters or vent ports on top of the barrel to try to counteract the muzzle rise during the recoil.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »

I have shot a .50-caliber pistol (a Desert Eagle). I have a bit of a hard time believing that, even in a hunt-friendly culture, anyone would turn an 11-year-old kid loose with one of these monsters. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but those handguns pack a huge whallop and are hard for experienced adults to control, much less a boy. In my (limited) experience, I hit what I aimed at, but there was a several-second lapse as I brought the pistol back down from the recoil and recovered from the tremendous noise (even through my ear protection) and muzzle flash before I could even really begin to think about firing it again. Plus, the ammo for the handgun I shot was expensive; again, I would not send a kid out with a huge handgun whose rounds cost more than a dollar apiece.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 11:25:48 PM »

i'm skeptical of this.  He is suppose to have killed it himself, but that would entail dragging the body back by himself.  NO way that kid could drag that body.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Boy Bags Wild Hog Bigger Than 'Hogzilla' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.